Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

for all to read.. Truth about Phil's 12 sec maxima!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:21 PM

for all to read.. Truth about Phil's 12 sec maxima!!

you can find a lot out from pulling a tranny in a maxima

1. vq30det injectors (actually are stock)
2. chipped ECU (ECU still sealed from nissan)
3. vq30det tranny (tranny vin matches cars vin)
4. limited slip (see attachted pic below)

PHIL at his best.....

tranny vin-

car vin -
Old 11-19-2002, 10:22 PM

burnt centerforce dual friction clutch after 10k miles...

NO Limited slip...

I can't do anything else besides show u the car in person

thank u, that is all, good bye now
Old 11-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

SO, are you gonna take this up with Phil? It must be a Northeast thing to lie about your mods and sell people stuff that's falsely labeled as "modified".

Dave
Old 11-20-2002, 03:48 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you didn't take it to the track before you bought it to make sure it did 12's?
Old 11-20-2002, 04:52 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

at what rpm do you bounce off the limiter?
Old 11-20-2002, 05:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

grrr
Old 11-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by 96bstdSE
you can find a lot out from pulling a tranny in a maxima

1. vq30det injectors (actually are stock)
2. chipped ECU (ECU still sealed from nissan)
3. vq30det tranny (tranny vin matches cars vin)
4. limited slip (see attachted pic below)

PHIL at his best.....
"maybe" some of those items were sold to a friend prior to sale.. i mean you bought it as is right? the items wern't listed in the bill of sale .. correct?

Originally posted by Dave B
It must be a Northeast thing to lie about your mods and sell people stuff that's falsely labeled as "modified".

Dave
who else in the NorthEast has done this Dave.. do you have another person or persons in mind? or are you just talking out your **** again?
Old 11-20-2002, 05:52 AM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by Dave B
SO, are you gonna take this up with Phil? It must be a Northeast thing to lie about your mods and sell people stuff that's falsely labeled as "modified".

Dave

Old 11-20-2002, 06:05 AM
ejj

Originally posted by SprintMax

"maybe" some of those items were sold to a friend prior to sale.. i mean you bought it as is right? the items wern't listed in the bill of sale .. correct?
Even still, to let someone think that they're on the car and not tell them otherwise is pretty damn shady.

Sorry dude.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by ejj

Even still, to let someone think that they're on the car and not tell them otherwise is pretty damn shady.

Sorry dude.
only he and phil know what was actually said before the purchase of the car..

that and the fact if i tell you i have a horse for sale that was a kentucky derby 3 time winner doesn't mean that at the time of sale the horse was up to par .. saying the car ran 12 secs and tell you i am selling you a 12 second car is two diffrent things
Old 11-20-2002, 06:12 AM
ejj

only he and phil know what was actually said before the purchase of the car..

that and the fact if i tell you i have a horse for sale that was a kentucky derby 3 time winner doesn't mean that at the time of sale the horse was up to par .. saying the car ran 12 secs and tell you i am selling you a 12 second car is two diffrent things
Understood. My point is....if I look at the car and say... "Wow, this thing has (insert parts here)!!!". And you as the seller know that it doesn't....wouldn't you feel compelled to say something?

Maybe Phil did, like you said, I don't know.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by ejj

Understood. My point is....if I look at the car and say... "Wow, this thing has (insert parts here)!!!". And you as the seller know that it doesn't....wouldn't you feel compelled to say something?

Maybe Phil did, like you said, I don't know.
i don't know what phil told him.. because he was posting on hte org after he bought the car asking questions like what kinda injectors are these.. they are this color and they are that color.. so i don't evne know if he had a definitive list from phil
Old 11-20-2002, 06:22 AM
ejj

so i don't evne know if he had a definitive list from phil
I guess he (96bstdSE) should tell us then.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:38 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

you failed to realize this prior to the sale??
Old 11-20-2002, 06:54 AM

This isn't sounding good.

What was suppose to be on the car when you bought it?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:03 AM

except for the VIN # on the tranny..(?)

Can someone varify the rest of the parts that were listed without going through much trouble removing them and such?

Clutch, you may have an idea on it's condition by driving the car..
I don't know about the rest of those things though

but if the car was actually said to have those parts on it and it turned out not to, I would be upset just as someone else would..

but we don't know what exactly was said... so.....
Old 11-20-2002, 08:39 AM

the year before phil decided to sell the maxima, all the work was done through me and my best friends shop.........so therefor nothing was "removed" last minute, trust me...i know Phil, and he's a big drunk thats too lazy , but up till the point he decided to sell the car, he talked it up every chance he got.....

* to tell u the truth, it didn't matter much to me...because i paid a price that was equivelent to a STOCK 96 SE black on black leather, digital climate control, white gauges, sunroof, 5 spd, 97 SE rims.........i woulda taken the car for the price i did, even with it being stock, as all u maxima people know, that is not an easy car to find
Old 11-20-2002, 10:34 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

the year before phil decided to sell the maxima, all the work was done through me and my best friends shop.........so therefor nothing was "removed" last minute, trust me...i know Phil, and he's a big drunk thats too lazy , but up till the point he decided to sell the car, he talked it up every chance he got.....

* to tell u the truth, it didn't matter much to me...because i paid a price that was equivelent to a STOCK 96 SE black on black leather, digital climate control, white gauges, sunroof, 5 spd, 97 SE rims.........i woulda taken the car for the price i did, even with it being stock, as all u maxima people know, that is not an easy car to find
dude, i was on auto trader yesterday and theres like 4 or 5 5-speeds around pittsburgh. did you look all that well. theres a sivler one for sale in the south hills.

i dont know if i wouldve bought phil's. there's plenty of other ones here. just my .02
Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 AM

interesting thread

who else in the NorthEast has done this Dave.. do you have another person or persons in mind? or are you just talking out your **** again?

person or persons in mind?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:29 PM

hey jared, just wonderin since you guys ended up gettin into the tranny and the clutch, was the flywheel stock or was it a lightened stillen one?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:33 PM
ejj

I don't understand your point then.

Are you implying that he ripped you off by removing parts that should have been on the car

OR

Are you saying that he never had any of these things that he claimed to have?
Old 11-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Re: interesting thread

Originally posted by RB26DETT

person or persons in mind?
ahh yes
Old 11-20-2002, 01:16 PM

you don't seem that upset about it
Old 11-20-2002, 03:25 PM

eh i may as well weigh in on this as well. Im friends with both parties involved. We are all a big group of friends. Since we are all friends, when one person says they have a certain mod, (especially an internal one that cannot be easily verified) you naturally believe them. There is no reason not to. Whether Phil was exadgerating about his mods, or whether he took them off sometime prior to sale doesnt really matter. It was implied that the parts were there. But for the price that the maxima was sold for, Jared did not get ripped off, he just didnt get everything he expected. No harm no foul i suppose.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Whether Phil was exadgerating about his mods, or whether he took them off sometime prior to sale doesnt really matter. It was implied that the parts were there. But for the price that the maxima was sold for, Jared did not get ripped off, he just didnt get everything he expected. No harm no foul i suppose.
it would matter to me because if i bought a car, even from a friend, who told me it had such and such parts and that it could run 12's, i would expect it to have such and such parts and run 12's. FRIENDS SHOULDN'T SCREW FRIENDS it doesn't matter if he got a good deal for it.

example: if i buy a kit car that looks like a diablo and was lead to believe it really was a diablo and pay $3K for it and then find out it's a kit car on a fiero, but the fiero is still worth $3K, i'm not going to be saying that i got a good deal. i'd be saying I GOT SCREWED!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 08:47 PM

as long as everyone is happy .....

I don't know what you paid
but i remember being amazed at how low his asking price was... for a supercharged maxima, period.... considering you can strip it and easily make back probably close to or as much as he was asking for the whole car with the mods!....
Old 11-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by slimer

dude, i was on auto trader yesterday and theres like 4 or 5 5-speeds around pittsburgh. did you look all that well. theres a sivler one for sale in the south hills.

i dont know if i wouldve bought phil's. there's plenty of other ones here. just my .02
That sig is some funny shyte.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by slimer

true, i'm sure i coulda found a 5spd. But to find what I was looking for..... 95 or 96...good miles....black on black leather, 5 spd, SE, white gauges, Digital Climate Control, Bose Stereo, factory fog lights, under 90k miles...........and then to find it with stillen carbon fiber dash kit, S-AFC, Stillen Vortech S/C w/ 3.125 pulley, Vortech FMU, all the goodies to go along with it(fuel pump, etc), fullbody Cattman Coilovers with AGX's, full Stillen body kit, Blitz blowoff valve, Front AND Rear strut bars, 97 SE wheels, Y pipe w/ hi flow cat and Greddy catback system, 50/50 tails, and more i can't think of now

and to pay around blue book value, maybe a little more, and find out it doesn't have a few things that he told, doesn't make me THAT mad
Old 11-21-2002, 10:02 AM
ejj

and find out it doesn't have a few things that he told, doesn't make me THAT mad
So he did tell you that they were on there prior to the sale?
Old 11-21-2002, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by ejj

So he did tell you that they were on there prior to the sale?
he didn't tell me anything prior to the sale......we hung out and worked on his car many time the year ahaed to the sale....and he just mentioned all the stuff done to the car......one day he decided to sell, and i decided to buy it
Old 11-21-2002, 12:21 PM

he didn't tell me anything prior to the sale......we hung out and worked on his car many time the year ahaed to the sale....and he just mentioned all the stuff done to the car......one day he decided to sell, and i decided to buy it
your a woman
Old 11-21-2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!

your a woman
stfu noob

Any way you want to look at it, its still a shady deal. Friends shouldnt do that to friends. He should have came out and said what was up with the car. It goes well beyond "implying" what parts were on that car.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:10 AM

Originally posted by HybriDSM

stfu noob

Any way you want to look at it, its still a shady deal. Friends shouldnt do that to friends. He should have came out and said what was up with the car. It goes well beyond "implying" what parts were on that car.
mikey, i aint the noob, ur the noob, u don't even know about maxima people anyways, i grew up here.... this kind of ****e goes on all the time, we just choose not to talk about it.... so listen mike... just walk away, just walk.... away...... your a woman too
Old 11-22-2002, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by NotNew!!NewSN!!

mikey, i aint the noob, ur the noob, u don't even know about maxima people anyways, i grew up here.... this kind of ****e goes on all the time, we just choose not to talk about it.... so listen mike... just walk away, just walk.... away...... your a woman too
Sam, you are dumb, go try and design motors
Old 11-23-2002, 03:18 AM

Stop the flaming.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:56 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

So what was the point of this thread then? To attack Phil's reputation? You should have looked into receipts or something prior to the sale. Have you tracked it yet?
Old 11-23-2002, 09:39 AM

Sam, you are dumb, go try and design motors

[Some stuff that didn't need to be said]-Sonic

o yea, and welcome to maxima.org, we are nice people