Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Do not ever buy from Dynamic wheels & tires AKA Diablo racing, they ripped me off!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do not ever buy from Dynamic wheels & tires AKA Diablo racing, they ripped me off!!

Back in Nov of 2001 I was ripped off by this company. I was trying to buy tires sent them the money via Western Union in the amount of $375. They did not shipped the tires as promised and also after paying for the tires and four days later they informed me I had to pay COD. I asked for my money back and they only reimbursed me $256.20 out of $375 that I sent to them. They advertise on superstreet and Sport compact car. Do not let your buddies get ripped off either no matter what type of car they drive no one deserves to get ripped off. I was not the only one. I also did one more search on the BBB tonight and below is some information I found out on them. I am going to see if I can get my $118.00 back from them. At that time I told the lady on my letter to the BBB, "I am not worried about the loss of my $118.00 I believe in God and their time will come bacn and haunt them!" read below

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record based on a pattern of unanswered complaints alleging deceptive sales practices. Complainants allege bait and switch pricing. Customers complain after agreeing to a price, and paying in advance for items ordered, they are contacted and advised of additional charges and conditions of sale which had been previously undisclosed. If they decline to pay the additional costs, opting for refunds, the company imposes restocking, delivery and cancellation fees. The company responds to some complaints by offering explanations of their policies, and by generally refusing to make consessions on refund amounts. Many complaints are closed as unresolved, meaning the customer is not always satisfied with the company's response. Most complaints remain unanswered. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced a proposed settlement agreement with Dynamic Wheels and Tires, Inc., and owner, Gary Jerjerian, on October 2, 2002. In the original complaint, the FTC alleged that the company violated the Mail Order Rule by making unsubstantiated shipment representations; they failed to provide delay option notices for delayed shipments; and, they failed to make full refunds when the rules so required. Without admitting any wrongdoing, the company entered into a consent agreement which included a $200,000 civil penalty judgment, which will be suspended due to the company's financial condition. Additionally, the defendants are required to compile a list of consumers whose refunds were discounted and provide them full refunds. The settlement permanently enjoins the defendants from failing to comply with the Rule in the future, including failing to have a reasonable basis for their shipment representations, provide timely and compliant notification of delay, and provide full and prompt refunds in all situations in which the Rule requires a refund. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or disapprove of any product, service or company.

Additional Phone Numbers

(626) 813 - 9370
(626) 813 - 2500
(626) 831 - 9370

Additional Trade names
Diablo Racing

Additional Addresses

4315 Maine Avenue
Baldwin Park, CA 91706