Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Bad Dealership Experiences

Old 11-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nemith Nissan in NY

Never Ever go to Nemith Nissan in Latham, NY!!!! the worst dealership i have ever seen.... My Max always had a gear slipping problem so i brought it back to them for 2nd time and they told me that they had to reprogram a chip... it worked but they wanted to charge me $90 for the reprogram!! i have an extended warranty and they told me that the part was not warrantied... soo i called Nissan USA all pissed and they told me that the chip they reprogramed had a LIFETIME WARRANTY, so i called Nemith back and they took off the charge... I also asked them to look over the whole car; brakes, fluids and stuff and tell me if anything needed to be done... they said no. i have the car back and it is shifting rough... hard downshifts and stuff so i take it to my brothers shop and he tells me that i need new front brakes, coolant and tranny fluid... why would they not want to this stuff? it is free money for them! so call them and thank them for nothing and take it to another nissan dealer Lia Nissan and have them do the tranny fluid and my brother did the rest...

well i vowed to never go back to Nemith... but as my luck would have it i was forced to
i had three sections repained at Nemith (before all of the other stuff) and i noticed 6 months later that the clear coat was peeling from all three sections... so i took it back and we agreed that they would strip all three sections and repaint them... well i pick my car back up after a WEEK and all they did was buff the crap out of all three sections and shoot one of them with new clear coat so that you could still see where it had peeled....
so i had a few words with the service manager (useless a-hole) and they said that they would do it right so i get it back and they repainted the back bumper but it had a run and "orange peel" on the drivers side and all along the top of the bumper it felt like some one dumped sand in the paint and they scratched the passengers back quarter panel... soooooo it went back and they fixed the run and orange peel... to only leave another run and not fix the quarter panel like they said they would do ( i had it in writing). the service manager would do nothing for me so i called the owner and got him on the phone after a week and a half... and told him what my lawyer told me he got a little nervous... so he agreed to STRIP the back bumper and repaint it as well as fix the quarter panel. i picked it up and it was done!!!!!

however last week i went cleaned the car and realized that the paint was peeling right off of the back bumper, they had not stripped it... they did not even bother to rough up the old paint, just right over the clear coat. so there is nothing for the last paint job to stick to!!!! not to mention that there is probably at least four coats of paint on the bumper... so i am back there again....
unfortunantly i have been told unless they flat out refuse to fix the bumper i cannot take them to court over it... they the right to try and do it correctly over and over again.... so i have set down ground rules for fixing it, they MUST strip the paint, they MUST photograph it and if they dont i will take them to court....

if anyone know any info that can help me with this dealership please help me!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:08 PM

Never ever buy a car from Superior Nissan in City of Industry California. . They ripped me off big time when I bought my car and jerked me around for 3 weeks. Email me for details. WHat f**kers!!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:59 AM

tempe dodge and kia, elliot and i-10

bought my 96 gxe from them. most unhelpful, arrogant ***** with an attitude you wouldnt believe. worse than the stereotype of a car salesman. flat out called my mechanic a cheat and a liar when he found something wrong with the car, and thats just the start of the list.

never going back for ****.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:12 PM

Don't bring anything to Premium Nissan in New Rochelle unless you want them to tell you, "sorry, we cannot duplicate the problem" and tell you to F - off.

Theres a whole other list of reasons they are complete trash, but just take my word.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
wsu

Choices & Pressure

In reviewing some of the issues stated in this strand, I'm not clear why people put up with this treatment. Especially in urban areas, there are typically at least two (if not more) Nissan dealerships with which one can chose to deal. When I was looking to purchase a new Maxima, I had an odd situation arise with a Nissan dealership about 30 miles from me (the closest dealership to where I live) that left me uncomfortable, so I went to another dealership (about 70 miles away) and purchased a new car from them.

Whenever I buy a car, I always have the attitude that there are always more dealers and always more cars from which to choose. If someone doesn't treat you right, you can take your business elsewhere. Dealerships often profess a desire to develop a long-term relationship with a customer, but their actions frequently say otherwise.

Also, you may have recourse through the Better Business Bureau. When I purchased my car the dealership was quite pointed about the satisfaction survey that Nissan sends out after the purchase. Apparently, the date from these surveys are important to the dealership. If I had problems with a dealership, I might consider contacting the people who put out the survey and voicing my concerns with them too (probably in a letter, with a CC to the dealership). The key is to put pressure on them to act in your interest, and you may have to act so that external pressure is brought to bear.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:55 PM
wsu

Originally Posted by upstatemax
Never Ever go to Nemith Nissan in Latham, NY!!!! the worst dealership i have ever seen.... My Max always had a gear slipping problem so i brought it back to them for 2nd time and they told me that they had to reprogram a chip... it worked but they wanted to charge me $90 for the reprogram!! i have an extended warranty and they told me that the part was not warrantied... soo i called Nissan USA all pissed and they told me that the chip they reprogramed had a LIFETIME WARRANTY, so i called Nemith back and they took off the charge... I also asked them to look over the whole car; brakes, fluids and stuff and tell me if anything needed to be done... they said no. i have the car back and it is shifting rough... hard downshifts and stuff so i take it to my brothers shop and he tells me that i need new front brakes, coolant and tranny fluid... why would they not want to this stuff? it is free money for them! so call them and thank them for nothing and take it to another nissan dealer Lia Nissan and have them do the tranny fluid and my brother did the rest...

well i vowed to never go back to Nemith... but as my luck would have it i was forced to
i had three sections repained at Nemith (before all of the other stuff) and i noticed 6 months later that the clear coat was peeling from all three sections... so i took it back and we agreed that they would strip all three sections and repaint them... well i pick my car back up after a WEEK and all they did was buff the crap out of all three sections and shoot one of them with new clear coat so that you could still see where it had peeled....
so i had a few words with the service manager (useless a-hole) and they said that they would do it right so i get it back and they repainted the back bumper but it had a run and "orange peel" on the drivers side and all along the top of the bumper it felt like some one dumped sand in the paint and they scratched the passengers back quarter panel... soooooo it went back and they fixed the run and orange peel... to only leave another run and not fix the quarter panel like they said they would do ( i had it in writing). the service manager would do nothing for me so i called the owner and got him on the phone after a week and a half... and told him what my lawyer told me he got a little nervous... so he agreed to STRIP the back bumper and repaint it as well as fix the quarter panel. i picked it up and it was done!!!!!

however last week i went cleaned the car and realized that the paint was peeling right off of the back bumper, they had not stripped it... they did not even bother to rough up the old paint, just right over the clear coat. so there is nothing for the last paint job to stick to!!!! not to mention that there is probably at least four coats of paint on the bumper... so i am back there again....
unfortunantly i have been told unless they flat out refuse to fix the bumper i cannot take them to court over it... they the right to try and do it correctly over and over again.... so i have set down ground rules for fixing it, they MUST strip the paint, they MUST photograph it and if they dont i will take them to court....

if anyone know any info that can help me with this dealership please help me!!!
Have the dealership put in writing what they have agreed to do, if they will not do this, you put in writing what your understanding is of to what they have committed, submit a copy to them and tell them that if this is not their understanding that they should respond to you by a certain date. You will have to put something in writing if they will not, and you will have to do it in a manner that puts them on the hook.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:22 AM

Sheehy in Manassas, VA and Browns in Fairfax, VA

Everything prior to the price negotiations at Sheehy went great. Our salesman, Conrad, was awesome. However, when it came time to buy, the salesperson would not negotiate. He thought he was cutting a deal for us by not charging us $75 for the emergency roadside kit (aka $10 jumper cables). He would not budge on the price. In fact, the price went UP from when what they originally quoted us! The sales manager stepped in and would barely go below MSRP. There was no WAY she would go below invoice. She said she would loose her job if she gave us 'that price'. OK, then NEGOTIATE!

Brown's was just TERRIBLE. Our apathetic salesman fell asleep during the test drive! The people that work there do not treat their customers with respect. They laughed at our offer and the cheaper price we found at another dealer.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Herb Chambers Infiniti

Hey guys,

The Herb Chambers Infiniti story is a long one.

The full story is at:

Herb Chambers Infiniti saga volume one

with an update at:

Herb Chambers Infiniti update

In a nutshell I have taken my first legal step after being ignored by the service manager. If any of you have had issues with them, please contact me because there are two very simple things you can do to help.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mossy Nissan of Poway

Origionally I looked at the car I bought at another Mossy Nissan location. After speaking to the sales person at the Poway location I bought the car. When it came time to deliver the car the floormats, keys, and manuals were missing. Unfortunately it was raining and dark when we closed the deal. However, I noticed multiple scratches to the trunklid and on the test drive the rear deck rattled excessively. I ended up leaving the car there to have it detailed.

Went back the next day they simply waxed the trunk lid, and stated they couldn't get to the rear deck rattle. Still dark and raining and I was sent off with just the vallet key, no floormats or manuals. Hell they didn't even fill up the gas tank.

After a few days I called them to find out where my keys, mats and manuals were. "Oh, they are on backorder." They tell me to bring the car back on thursday to do the other work with the scratches and they would have a rental car waiting at the dealership for me. More

Thursday arrives and I show up with my detailed list of decrapancies with the car. The sales and service managers both look and agree with the items I pointed out. The sales manager didn't want to take the car then because they had to order a couple of parts and asked me to bring it back on monday. They didn't want to keep it over the weekend if they didn't have to. (More like they didn't want to pay for the rental!)

So I bring the car back on monday and go looking for one of the managers that I had spoken to on thursday. Finally after standing arround in the service dept for about 30 minutes the service manager shows his face and brushes me off to one of the service writers. Now, I had to go over the car again and explain all the issues, I even had to go arround the car with a grease pencil to mark all the scratches that were on the car. As the service writer is writing all of the issues in his computer he is forced to give away a free oil change coupon because he just threw some guy the keys to his car and told him "Have a nice day." (There are signs all over the service driveway that say if they don't go over the car with you at delivery they will give you an oil change for free) Anyway service goober takes about 40 minutes to enter my service order. It took him another 10 minutes to write up a P/O for the rental car company. Rental car rep shows up and takes me back to their office. Once at the rental car office I get sent away with a Chevy Classic (Malibu). To which a couple of days later I find a molded corn dog in the glovebox. (The cars interior started to smell.)

Here comes wednesday(service day 3), still no word from the dealership. I wait unitl 4:00 pm to call them. The service goober tells me "We got your car back, I looked at it and sent it back because it wasn't done right." He then tells me that it was going to take until tuesday or wednesday of next week. Still more

Wednesday (2nd week) arrives and I get told that there is a delay at the body shop so the car wasn't ready. Even more

Friday (End of 2nd week) after repeated phone calls and apolagies from goober the service writer he tells me that he GM for the dealership told him not to replace the defective passenger seat botom cover and I would have to take it up directly with Nissan!

I attempt to call 1-800-NISSAN1 to raise the issue. They were closed for Good Friday.

I promptly call the dealership back and ask to speak to the GM. GM gets on the phone and initially denies speaking to his moronic service writer or knowing anything about my car, then proceeds to tell me that I am being too picky about the car. After a brief conversation with him as to how a new car should be I explain to him that I don't want to drive the 1 to 1 1/2 hours down to the dealership if the car wasn't ready.

An 1 1/2 hours later, as I am 30 minutes away from the dealership, I recieve a phone call from Skeeter the service writer. He tells me that the dealership has lost their "Squeak and Rattle kit" and won't have the car ready until wednesday.

Wednesday (third week) arrives and I get a call at about 1:00 pm from Goober. He tells me that the tech was still working on the car but would be done by 4:00 pm. He then proceeded to tell me that the General Manager, Sales Manager and Service Manager were all going to personally look over the car to make sure that it was ready.

Wednesday at 4:00 pm, Goober calls me back and tells me that the tech was still looking at the car but, it would be done by 5:30 and they close at 6:00. I expedite the 1+hours to the rental car company,(down the street from the dealership) turn in the rental car and arrive at the dealership at about 5:50 pm.

Now note that it's getting dark and I see the car parked in the service driver under thier crappy sodium lights. (So much for inspecting the car prior to taking it back.) I walk up to the front of the car and see that he hood is out of allignment. I look at the hood and see a 4 inch long scratch on it. Goober presents himself and I ask him "I thought the car was done?" He replied, "Ya I thought it was done." I point out the scratch, and ask "Did you look at this?" "Didn't all of the managers look at the car?" I am so pissed that if I stayed there I was gonna kick the service writer.

I walk into the dealership looking for the GM. I turn the corner and see the sales manager (he's on his cell phone with his girlfriend.) He greets me with, "What's up dude?" I turn away from him an another salesman approaches with "Can I help you?" I ask for the GM. "Oh he's gone for the day."

I go back to service moron and tell him to get the rental car company back. He initially tells me, "It's after 6:00 they are all closed." I respond with, "Either get me a rental car or give me yours."

5 minutes later a representative from Hertz arrives and promptly takes me away from the dealership back to her office. Once at the rental car office I am told that the dealership only authorizes compact car rentals, if I want something else I would have to pay out of my own pocket. I get sent off driving a Dodge Neon. (4 door with power front windows and manual rear windows)

Thrusday morning (week 3), I attempt to call 1-800-NISSAN-1, no luck, they are closed until 9:00 am local time. I call back at 9:01 am and am on the phone call for 25 minutes before I finally get to speak to someone. I am told that the regional rep would be getting a message and I should recieve a call back by friday afternoon.

Thrusday 10:00 I get a call from the GM he actully stated, "Nothing that is made by man in perfect." and again stated, "Your'e being too picky." He then tells me that my car should be ready by the end of the day and I would be recieving a call from the service manager witin 1/2 hour. He then offers to make the first car payment since they have had the car for more than 3 weeks.

30 minutes later, service manager calls me back and advises me that they were going to keep the car unitl tuesday.

I'll update as I get more.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 PM

that really sucks... they better make the first payment.... such bs i dunno how all these dealers are getting away with it.

i think we needa fill out more of thier surveys HORRIBLE instead of "excellent" that they always tell us to check.... along with some certified letters
Old 04-22-2005, 08:42 PM

Formerly Union Nissan, now Fair Oaks Nissan in Waukegan, IL. By far the worst dearership I've ever dealt with. Horrible customer service, overpriced labor, incorrect diagnoses four times for same problem, and they've gone through 6 service managers since I purchased there in 2002. STAY AWAY!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:31 PM

Conicelli Nissan - Conshocken, PA

Conicelli Nissan - Conshocken, PA

They are definately hit or miss. Last year had a really good experience with the mechanic I got. He recommended a few things, but didn't push me into anything and I passed inspection and emissions.

This year get a different mechanic with a much different experience. I knew my CEL was on and that my EGR valve needed replacement, but from his diagnostic he comes away with five codes (O2 sensors, misfire, etc). He also comes away with a $3500 bill !! What a joke.

Ex.
- I have a minor exhaust leak at my b-pipe/muffler, he suggests a new exhaust pipe and muffler installed - $850
- I have a cylinder misfire, he recommends all six ignition coils - $749
- Clean EGR and intake manifold - $795
- etc, etc

What crap, this guy doesn't even look into other possible options to fix the car. Oh and instead of just telling me it won't pass emissions and inspection, after paying the $67 for diagnosis, he still goes and does a state inspection and charges me $25 even when he knew it would fail.

I would NOT recommend Conicelli Nissan in Conshocken, PA.

EDIT: I did not pay those prices. I'm going to take my car to a "friend" who is a mechanic to get inspected and I'm looking at 02/03 Maxima's.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:39 PM

please please please tell me you did not pay those prices you listed and that they were just quotes for recmd. repairs
Old 06-06-2005, 05:02 PM

Pinnacle Nissan/Infiniti in Scottsdale, AZ. Rudest people possible. I live in a different city and found a car I liked. I called them once during the weekend with some questions, and was informed the car had a single owner. After looking at CarFax, I found out it had two owners. Not a big deal, but I wanted to call back on Monday and see if they can take it into consideration (price-wise), the person I spoke with told me "Are you going to buy the car, yes or no?". After a brief pause, I asked him "What's with the attitude?". His response "I've answered your questions, are you going to buy the car or not?". I hung up.

About 10 minutes later, the manager (supposedly) calls me. Tells me he is sorry this other guy was rude and asks me what he can do for me. After telling him that one thing he could do is teach his employees respect, I told him the deal we agreed upon with the previous guy. He said he can't honor it because it is too low. I asked him why I was offered the price in the first place, he said he wasn't sure. Conversation ended.

To sum it up, do not deal with Pinnacle Nissan/Infiniti unless you enjoy talking with bsing ******.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It Depends Which Side Of The Street You're On

We bought an Infiniti I 30 from Hartle Infiniti in West Haven, CT in 2001. The buying experience and service were top rate. We recently traded in the I 30 for an 05 Maxima SL at Harte Nissan which is right acorss the street from Harte Infiniti. The dealership from hell.

It took 4 hours to negotiate a deal. They kept changing the terms, but I finally got them nailed down. They wanted us to take the car that afternoon because it was the end of the month and they hadn't made quota. We waited over 2 hours for the finance guy to do his thing. Then they played the usual game of trying to sell us everything. His lost that battle. I haven't taken it back for service yet as I expect more of the same.

Last week, I brought my Acura in for routine service and told them that the alloy wheels were corroded. They said the clearcoat was put on badly and they would replace all four rims. Today, I brought the car back, they replaced all four rims at N/C. I caught a peek at the bill being sent to Acura and it was over $1400.

The moral of the story is that you get what you pay for.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:29 PM

Darcars Nissan - Rockville, MD

Went in for routine maintenance and:
1. They replaced the engine oil/filter despite multiple requests to multiple employees that this not be performed (wasting new Mobil 1 oil/filter).
2. They charged for a new air filter when they did not install a new one (since I have a washable air filter installed).
3. They put a couple minor scratches in the wheels and undertorqued a couple lug nuts when rotating the tires.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Towbin infiniti of nevada

Does any body know anything about Tobin of Lv my sister was going to buy a G35 from them but the sales force was rather unfriendly with her and when she and her husband asked whats with the attitude they said if you dont like our deals then why dont you go someplace else.
I think they were talking on just 500 dollars differance
and they did not want to talk about any deals ?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:33 PM

Bad dealerships

Never go to Trophy Nissan (Mesquite TX) to buy a car or to get your car serviced. They have horrible customer service and they dont appreciate their customers. Every single time I have been there they never fail to disappoint. I bought my MAX there and even then they treated me like just another sale, instead of a person. If it wasnt for the fact that I really wanted a Maxima, I probably would have just went down the street and bought me an Accord. Luckily my older sister already had a 92 Maxima, so I knew the potential in that Maximas have. (sorry Accord owners Hondas just dont compare) So anyway I put up with the annoyance that is a Trophy Nissan salesman, and I bought my very own MAX. That was the first and last time I ever experienced Joy when I was at that particular dealership. Eversince then its all went down hill.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:27 PM

Wow... some, most of you guys have legitimate complaints, a few of you are just whiners.

Sorry to say, but when you go to the dealer, you kinda have to play their game. those who play it well come out ahead... no big deal.

if your car isnt under a warranty, for starters, unless its a recall, there WILL be a diagnostic charge. you have to pay a tech to look at your car. techs arent paid on hourly pay, theyre on flat-rate. if anyone wants an explanation on this, ill be happy to elaborate.

if your car is under warranty, you shouldnt have to pay for anythinf, maintenance intems aside. O2 sensors are NOT a maintenance item, they should be convered under warranty.

federal emissions warranty requires that the cat converter and PCM (as well as any software updates) be convered for 8/80,000.

i think you guys are getting frustrated because you dont understand the dealers point of view, and what they go through. sometimes you just have to work with them. i know that sounds like its easier said than done, but trust me, its not all that bad.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

[B]LET ME TELL YOU IRA NISSAN OF TEWKSBURY SUCKS

They sold me a Road Hazzard Warranty under the impression my RIMS AND TIME individually were covered if I hit Potholes. Well, now going for my 3rd and 4th rim to be fixed and tell me the Warranty does not cover it. HAHAHAHA
Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry I meant TIRES, my time is more importanant and will not be reimbursed
Old 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM

okay, read warranties before buying them, and a road hazard warranty should cover wheels from potholes. if the salesman told you otherwise, id have a work with them
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ramsey Nissan(Ramsey Auto Group) are crooks

Let's just say I know somebody who works at Ramsey Nissan . This article is based on a lot of truth:
Suit accuses Ramsey Auto dealers of widespread fraud
Thursday, August 18, 2005

By KEVIN G. DeMARRAIS
STAFF WRITER

State regulators sued the Ramsey Auto Group and its 10 dealerships Wednesday for allegedly defrauding customers.

In a 16-count suit filed in Superior Court in Hackensack, the dealerships are accused of failing to honor advertised prices, falsifying documents and misrepresenting the condition of used cars.

"We're alleging widespread violations of our consumer protection laws throughout the 10 dealerships of the Ramsey Auto Group," Attorney General Peter C. Harvey said in a statement. "The nature and extent of the violations illustrate a culture of contempt toward consumers.''

No one from the Ramsey Auto Group responded Wednesday to a reporter's calls to corporate headquarters. A call to the law firm that represented the company in a similar case last year in New York also was not returned.

In its suit, New Jersey charged the company with failing to set forth all conditions of various rebate programs; forging consumers' signatures on documents; charging for after-sale items, such as window etching, without the consumer's knowledge and/or authorization, and failing to accurately credit trade-in allowances and deposits made for sales or leases.

The company was also charged with requiring consumers to sign blank or incomplete sales documents and forwarding sales documents to a finance company after the consumer had canceled the transaction.

Also, it was accused of failing to disclose that a used car had previously been a rental vehicle; misrepresenting the amount paid for motor vehicle title and registration; misrepresenting to consumers that certain dealer-provided options were mandatory when in fact they were not, and charging a consumer's credit card for insurance without the consumer's knowledge or authorization.

In addition, one of the 10 dealerships, Ramsey Nissan, was charged with violating a 2003 consent order that was signed to settle fraud charges. That makes the dealership subject to enhanced penalties.

In 1998, Ramsey Nissan paid $380,000 - a record at the time - to settle fraud charges.

The Consumer Fraud Act, under which many of the charges were filed, calls for fines of up to $20,000 for each violation.

The charges filed Wednesday are similar to those that led to a $47,000 settlement with New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer last December.

In that case, an attorney for Ramsey Auto Group said, the company settled without admitting wrongdoing to avoid the cost of litigation.

Wednesday's suit was filed by Harvey's office and the Division of Consumer Affairs.

"Consumers who thought they were getting a good deal at Ramsey Auto Group found out how sadly mistaken they were," said Kimberly Ricketts, Consumer Affairs director.

"We want full restitution for customers, the maximum civil penalties allowed and a corporate-wide change in business practices so these alleged violations are ended once and for all," Ricketts said.

The Ramsey Auto Group includes Ramsey Volvo, Ramsey Subaru, Ramsey Infiniti, Ramsey Saab, Ramsey Mazda, Ramsey Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep/Eagle, Ramsey Pontiac-GMC, Ramsey Mitsubishi and Maywood Mitsubishi, as well as Ramsey Nissan.

Ramsey Auto Group customers can file complaints with Consumer Affairs by calling (800) 242-5846 or online at njconsumer|affairs.com
Old 08-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Do not go to Redline Performance in Arlington TX

This shop is not a Nissan dealership, but I don't see a bad shop thread, so I will post it here for other members. Do not go to Redline Performance in Arlington TX!

I had my 4 struts replaced there 2 weeks ago before I drove from Arlington to Seattle. Right after they were replaced, I noticed the driver's side strut was making thumping sound whenever I turned the steering wheel. I went back to the shop and they reseated the spring. That's their 1st mistake. After I drove 2200 miles to Seattle, I noticed the passenger side started making noise as well- both when I went over bumps and turn the steering wheel. Since I couldn't drive back to TX, I posted online on nwmaxima.com to seek local help. I went to a forum member's home today to work on the strut. It turned out that they placed the strut seat (the cap looking thing on top of the spring) backwards- the notch with "OUT" printed was pointing into the car! Obviously Redline Performance's people didn't know what they are doing at all because they did both front struts wrong and who knows if the back ones are on there correctly. Also because they installed the spring seat incorrectly, it warped the strut bearing! I will try to work on that later. I am flying back to TX on Tue, and I will stop by the shop to try to get my money back.

Anyway, if any member lives in Arlington TX, please do not take your car to Redline Performance.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Baker-Jackson Nissan in Houston, Tx about 6 years ago when I owned my Max. Could be better now, but I doubt it. These guys are morons. I took my car there when I lived there for tranny issues (for about the umteenth time) and they said they would get to work on it immediately. I call back the next day for just a status report and they said they were working on it. About four days later I drive over there after hearing nothing from them and the damn thing is sitting on the lot with the tranny UNDER THE CAR! They hadn't touched it in like three days (not a waiting on parts thing either). Took them over a week and half to get it out and it was still screwed. We were moving back to my home town in a short amt. of time so we saidscrew it and took it with us and got it fixed there. On top of all this, they're just jerks in general.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Newbies Get All The Chicks

Cherry Hill Nissan on Route 38 in South Jersey is absolutely horrible. Theres a lot of money in this area so they get plenty of business, and they really dont care about helping you out. They make a killing!

If you live in south or central jersey i recommend Classic Cars Nissan in Lumberton much farther down Route 38. Way cheaper than Cherry Hill Nissan and really good guys too.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by hesham1
Cherry Hill Nissan on Route 38 in South Jersey is absolutely horrible. Theres a lot of money in this area so they get plenty of business, and they really dont care about helping you out. They make a killing!

If you live in south or central jersey i recommend Classic Cars Nissan in Lumberton much farther down Route 38. Way cheaper than Cherry Hill Nissan and really good guys too.
Avoid this place at all costs. You have been warned.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:01 PM

I will explain my story some other time, but DO NOT EVER go to PINNACLE NISSAN in Scottsdale, AZ.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:51 AM

Hall Nissan of Newport news, va these people are crazy, and jacking prices up through the roof. A part most people pay $.65-$1 they wanted $8 for.

IT gets better, the parts person in formed me that I couldn't have a SE Maxima 2002 because they didn't nor could you get a sunroof with that model, and I need to bring my vin # in, because he is sure it's a GLE.

He pulls up the parts break down for the GLE sunroof, and then says I know nothing about this stuff, can you show me the parts your looking for.

Then I decide to see what used maxima's they have. Get this. A 02 cloth, bare bones maxima 80,000 miles. They had $20,999 as the asking price.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:04 PM

Let me tell you about Greenville Nissan in Greenville NC . 5 year ago after getting an oil change (on a 95 altima) at a tire shop because I did not have time to do it the airbag comes on when my wife gets halfway home after picking up the car.

I spoke to my dad and he says they probably just lowered the car off the lift too hard, but to take it to the dealership just to be sure to get the code read and hopefully they will reset. Then to decline getting it fixed and that unless it comes back on then don’t worry about it.

The dealership is like 3 mins from our home. Since I worked nights back then she drives my truck to work and I took her car in bright and early as soon as they opened at 7:30am. They drive the car into the bay and as always I watch thru the bay door anytime my vehicles arr to be worked. The tech says its probably the relay and he plugs up the reader pulls the code and goes back into the office and tells me the person inside will need to talk they tell me that it is the relay $450 (I don’t remember if that included labor) I ask him if he has one in stock he shows it to me, I also ask him where its located. I guess he must have figured that with all the questions that I was contemplating going to a junk yard and pulling one of a wrecked car (which I was because I had recently made a trip to a junk yard to replace a warped wheel) he tells me something about not installing a used one out of a wrecked car as its one of the parts that has to be replaced after an airbag deployment and that the airbag might deploy if not fixed. Well I decline, for some reason it takes the tech 20 to bring the car around. I pay the diagnostic fee and I’m back home and in bed by 8:30.

Now that evening I go on my lunch break (a little before 7pm) and go home and when I am backing the car I see the wife in the window pointing at the car … she comes outside and points to the trim ring around her license plate and the faded one that was on it that morning had been replaced with a Greenville Nissan one. Now it dawns on me why it took so long to pull the car around. Well the wife says she will call as they close at 7:30 pm and I sit down to eat while she calls to the dealership and talks to someone Next thing I know she is pissed and putting on her shoes telling me that she was is put on hold and hung up on I ask is she sure she was hung up on and she says because she called right back and was hung up on again.

I run outside and leave so that I can hopefully beat her to the dealership. I do and a salesman asks what the problem is and I explain that when I bought my car in this morning that I only authorized them to check a code and that someone replaced the trim ring off my car and replaced it with a Greenville Nissan one and I and I am directed to the General manager named Liam (I don’t remember his last name) Well he’s on the phone and my wife arrives and starts talking rather loudly to another one of the sales men and the 1 or 2 people that are there are looking and listening . Liam gets off the phone ad asks her to leave and threatens to call the cops … so I get her to leave and explain the problem to Liam that when I bought my car in this morning that I only authorized them to check a code and that someone stole the trim ring off my car and replaced it with a Greenville Nissan one. He states that is what they do and that the service dept is closed and I can come back tomorrow they will look for it. One of the sales men offers to go look but Liam says no that I can come back tommorow.

Well I return the next morning bright and early and talk to the service manager and he just shakes his head and then calls the tech and the tech goes outside to the dumpster he goes outside and leans in and comes back with it in his hand. He also apologized saying that that Liam is the new GM that it is his new policy. Every car that comes thru the service department they have to put one of their trim rings on the car and that he saw this coming but Liam is the type of guy that its his way or the highway.

Now fast forward 8 or 9 months … my wife used to do loans at a nearby bank well one day a woman comes in and to get financed for a car at Greenville Nissan and I don’t remember all the details but they (Greenville Nissan) had told the lady one price which was supposed to include paying off the woman’s old car. Well the bank either would not finance the car or her payment was way higher then what my wife had quoted her on the phone. Well my wife checks the figures the dealership had sent to the bank and they did not match what the lady was saying and upon further looking at the numbers my wife found where they had tacked on the payoff for the woman’s other car onto the cost of the new car. My wife told the lady what was going on and her options 2 days later the Gm calls and all put cusses her out and calls her branch manager and attempts to get her fired stating that she had told the woman not to buy a car from them because they were trying to cheat her. All my wife did was inform the woman about where the discrepancies were on the paperwork.

My wife is very professional never involves things that happen in her personal life with her job and had done many loans for people buying cars from them. Now my wife has told me things that have happened but never while she was working their would tell me what dealership she was talking about. and had told me of several people that got nice cars from them and also about the people who got screwed by their salesmen. Basically about how the salesmen will lie and tell you that they are going to payoff your old car but in reality they tack the payoff onto the price of the “new car” and that 2 or 3 years later people find out when they go to trade in the car and that you have to really look at your paperwork.

My wife thinks in their phone conversation that he might have recognized her from the license plate trim ring incident when she was talking to him on the phone. Luckily the branch manager she had at the time was one that would stand up for his employees so she did not lose her job.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bad dealerships

Rich, I have to agree with you, State line Nissan sucks I have been taking my car there and there is one guy at the service department with a horse voice. He is as rude as ****. Obviously based on their response to you; They do not give a ****.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:40 AM
THIS IS...

Originally Posted by SRSEN1999
I will explain my story some other time, but DO NOT EVER go to PINNACLE NISSAN in Scottsdale, AZ.

Agreed, that place sucks a$$.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Team Nissan in Marietta Georgia

In 2002 I bought a brand new Nissan Frontier from these people. The sales staff was okay, just WAAAAYYYYY slow on getting all the paperwork ready (like 4 and a half hours). Then, two days later, came the fun part.
Anyone who's bought a new Nissan back me on this...I got to play with the service department! Yeah! The truck would set off idiot lights for no reason (Oil pressure and Check engine were favorites) and frequently stalled out.
I had this freakin' truck in SEVEN times.
They were cool about providing a rental car, I'll give 'em that. But the point of buying a brand new truck was so I would not have to deal with sitting on the side of I-285 waiting for a tow truck.
The 8th time I went in I went ballistic in the show room and made a scene that almost got the police called. I wound up talking to the service manager and told them they could replace the computer (rather than clear it, reprogram it, whatever) or they could have the truck back and I would begin Lemon Law proceedings.
They replaced the computer and it ran great afterwards but I will NEVER deal with them again.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:43 AM

Mass, Quirk has been awesome. Service dept. They are great over phone and also took my car in after I was told i needed a brake job. They looked and said I had over 25% on pads, Give them a try. FROST in Newton not bad, they seem to not do extra work, but seem a little pricey. I had them run a diag test once and for 10 min It cost me 82.00 and they knew the problem it was the igniton coils. then quoted me 788 for the job found it far less some wjere else. give the a B
Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 AM

Stay far away from Somerset Nissan in NJ. Their Techs absolutely are horrible and they lie to you. They told me that the techs road tested my car on the highway twice and they didn't. I checked my odometer before and after I picked my car up. The told me they balanced my tires twice but they didn't. I took it to a tire place and they balanced my tires and used the Hunter GSP9700 to see if the tires were bad. My front right tire was so bad that they recommended replacing it.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well never go to Passport Nissan in Maryland did service I didnt ask for and then wanted me to pay for it after that went to Sheehy Nissan In Woldolf MD and had a big Scratch on the hood of my car and windseld wiper blades broke off and the tech had a nearve to say it came in that way I almost went to jail that day.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Quirk Nissan Service Stay Away! (South of Boston)

This happened to me a few months back and I just wanted to warn all you Maxima folks to stay away from Quirk Nissan in Quincy, MA. Myself and a few other local 350Z owners have had very bad experiences there. This is a little long but here ya go. Love Nissan cars, hate the service.

http://www.g350zforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1245
Old 06-05-2006, 11:33 AM

Glick Nissan, Westborough, MA

Alright, a while back I posted about how great their service department was to me...that was at the end of March. TODAY I get to work and I have a message from their service writer, so I return the call. This guy has the nads to tell me that they shouldnt have replaced my rear shocks under my extended warranty and since Nissan will not pay them for the work he wants to make a deal with me and have me pay the "wholesale cost of the parts" $274.54. These clowns make the mistake and tell me its covered under the warranty and then call me 2 months later to ask me to pay for it?? I have the service slip that lists everything as WARRANTY work and there is no charge. No here is the real kicker...he tells me that because I refuse to pay that $274.54 Glick Nissan can no longer provide service for my car unless I intend to pay for it. ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME??? So I told him that I was thinking about trading it in and I was going to go to his dealership because I WAS so pleased with the service dept, but there is now way in hell I would give his dealership anymore business...he was speechless for second and then asked again if I would just pay the $274.54!! What a joke. This is the second Nissan dealer in the area that I have had with regarding my extending warranty. Needless to say this will probably be my last Nissan for a while. If I cant trust any of the service departments in the area than why should I buy another Nissan. I seriously could not believe my ears when he asked me to pay that fee. That is all I have to say that dealership!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM

Body damage when I left my Max in for service.

The dealer is White Plains Nissan in Westchester, NY.

Will re-post this on good experience.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by davis449
Baker-Jackson Nissan in Houston, Tx about 6 years ago when I owned my Max. Could be better now, but I doubt it. These guys are morons. I took my car there when I lived there for tranny issues (for about the umteenth time) and they said they would get to work on it immediately. I call back the next day for just a status report and they said they were working on it. About four days later I drive over there after hearing nothing from them and the damn thing is sitting on the lot with the tranny UNDER THE CAR! They hadn't touched it in like three days (not a waiting on parts thing either). Took them over a week and half to get it out and it was still screwed. We were moving back to my home town in a short amt. of time so we saidscrew it and took it with us and got it fixed there. On top of all this, they're just jerks in general.

I lived in Houston for 15 years, and I NEVER met one Baker-Jackson customer that was happy with their experience there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad Dealership Experiences