Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Good dealership Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Had a good buying experience at Bankston Nissan of Irving (TX). Could have been better in the follow through process but all in all, good.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM

before buying my 2002 se i wanted to get a pre-purchese inspection done .pinnacle nissan in scottsdale az did it for free, midway in phoenix wanted $150.00
Old 05-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

**** Smith Nissan (Columbia, SC)

I've been dealing with Di-ck Smith Nissan in Columbia, SC for roughly 10 years now. My parents have been repeat customers for over 25+ years. My parents live in Stuart, FL and when it's time to buy a new car, they fly up here and buy it from Di-ck Smith.

In all the Nissan's I've ever owned, they have always given me top notch service in the sales & service department. If you do go there, ask for Glenn. He's the head of the service department.

1983 Nissan Sentra Wagon
1987 Nissan Stanza GXE
1996 Nissan Maxima GLE (Still Own)
1998 Nissan Sentra GXE
1999 Nissan Maxima GLE (Still Own)
Old 06-26-2007, 03:19 PM

I thought that Sutherlin Mall of Georgia gave me a good deal on a 2007 Maxima but boy did I find out I was wrong. This post has been edited and the "hind sight is 20X20" truth will be posted in the "Bad Dealership Experiences" section.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Doctor D I presume???

Turnersville Nissan, Turnersville NJ.. Just picked up a Murano with my Girl. I bought from them when I got My Maxima in 01. They Take Very Good Care of You There!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 AM

Marlboro Nissan

Marlboro, MA

Best dealership. Go see for yourself
Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 PM

Anderson Nissan, Mazda, Suzuki!
Salesmen are great guys and the service guys are great too. The head Nissan Tech is Rich Delhky (I think thats how you spell it) and he has 37years experience with Nissan now I think and theres Doug Watson who has 20 some odd years experience. All the service managers are great guys as well as the other tech's. So if you buy a car from this dealership, your new car might be getting detailed for delivery by me. Lol
Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 AM
You embarrass me.

Clay Nissan of Newton:
Very nice experience with their service. Recommend them to anyone.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I work for Infiniti of Norwood in Norwood Ma, and a few of the Org members have dealt with our dealership with good results. I try to help Orgers as much as possible.

Our service department is usually pretty lax about servicing cars with aftermarket parts too.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 AM

M'Lady Nissan in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Took care of me...I used carsdirect.com to get my price but they treated me with respect and didn't try any scams....
Old 02-24-2008, 07:04 AM

After three years of going to my local dealership, I found out that my favorite parts guy was no longer there. I was a little disappointed because he is very knowledgeable on the 3rd gen Maxima since he is an owner of a 91. But the new parts person knew that I had been in many times and asked me what kind of a discount I usually get and then proceeded to give me the dealer discount.

+1 to a dealer that understands and repects return customers.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am two months in my 07 Maxima, which i got from Central Valley Automotive in Modesto, CA. So far so good. The experience that I have is good, yet since the I bought it used, with about 12k mileage, there was little cosmetic issues that I requested fixed. Many know that sales people seem to promise things without letting service knowing. Other than them trying to put it off and the internal fighting between the two departments it was a great experience. I got my things done and they threw in free car mats for my troubles...
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 AM

Modern Nissan of Lake Norman, NC

They did try to get me on the bad coil pack issue but I new I could find better price and change them myself.
But other than that they were reasonable price on coolant and tranny flush and refill. Even cheaper then local place near me that does my inspection.

Courtesy vehicles are always a plus when u only have one car.

Will be going back to them for any other major concerns I cant deal with myself.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:34 AM

Brantford Nissan, Brantford Ontario

Took an '01 Max in because it was throwing P1130 & P1165 and hesitating from stops. They immediately determined the car was running in fail-safe then spent a good 90 minutes going thru TSB's to figure out the problem. In the end they figured it was the ECU that was fried and was throwing phantom codes. When they replaced the ECU they found the plastic connector was burned around the fuel injector pins so they checked the harness wiring for shorts. They also considered the known problems with engine mounts, IACV, MAF. All checked good. After replacing the ECU all is well.

The mechanic working on it, Phil, was itching to get inside the burned ECU as much as I was but we couldn't because it was a warranty repair. Regardless, any guy who shows this much curiosity about a problem deserves praise.

Aside from that they gave me great advice on a problem I was having with a '96 Max. All in all, a great mechanical experience.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM

I have two dealerships here in Madison. I won't go to Kaiser because of bad experience with the attitude of the parts guy. But Zimbrick continues to impress me. The first parts guy I dealt with owned a 91 Maxima, so he knew all of the parts when I needed them for my 90. When he left the "new" parts person is just as easy to deal with. She is awesome. In addition one of the service advisors I went to high school with.

Today I bought a used Frontier "Desert Runner" SC. My experience thru this has been incredible as well. Even filled the tank when I took delivery. I didn't think any dealer did that anymore. This is Nissan number four and, if these ever wear out, there will be more.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

recent experiences NYC dealerships?

looking to buy a max in the metro area
Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a decent experience with Autosource in Eden Prairie Minnesota (www.autosourcemn.com)

After looking further into it, I could have gotten a better equipped Maxima with higher mileage for less $$$ but overall I was happy with the purchase. The place was classy and the owners (the only people you will typically deal with I think) were nice. I liked the fully indoor showroom. They have a lot of nice imports. I almost fell into a Lexus GS that would have been a sweet ride but an extremely more expensive ride.. it was a nice dealership.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

McCarthy Nissan in Blue Springs, MO has been decent so far. Good response times, they get stuff checked out ASAP and have never pushed anything on me. They get me in and out fast and are definitely friendly.

--Jed
Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM

Nissan of North Olmsted (Ohio). I just purchased my second car from them (07 Maxima SE). The owner came over and sat down with me to finalize a price on the Max purchase, and everything went smoothly. Will definately be returning for my future Nissan needs.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

the worst one in NY is the Nissan *** by Boston Road, Bronx NY- terrible and slow mechanics and may i say racists as well. They slack and slow, i will never take my Max there ever again, they were to make me a second set of keys it took 4 hours for that.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaxNme
the worst one in NY is the Nissan *** by Boston Road, Bronx NY- terrible and slow mechanics and may i say racists as well. They slack and slow, i will never take my Max there ever again, they were to make me a second set of keys it took 4 hours for that.
Ever think they may have had other people waiting for service that were ahead of you... I dont know just a thought.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 AM

anybody knows a good dealership in Montreal or shouth shore area?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:45 AM

CT Radio Repair

I had to get my 5.5 gen Bose repaired (common problem I am told). I took it to Jo-Di's in Hartford and they were nothing but nice. It was done within a few hours and the cost is more then half what Nissan would have charged.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:28 PM

Tom Wood Nissan Indianapolis

A quick no-hassle transaction. The deal took less than 1.5 hours and we had to wait in line on the finance person to sign the papers. That's from arrival to driving away in the new vehicle. No pressure to buy add-ons or extras...they were offered but not a single thing was pushed at us. We live 90 miles away so we sent the internet manager name and SS # by email before driving there. He made the deal online and checked credit, etc..
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM

I'd love to know if there's any good places in Canada Ontario. Maybe near toronto. Last time I got ripped off.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM

Capital City Nissan in Topeka, KS. I drove about an hr to get there, and it was about 9 degrees out. They helped me get into a nissan Altima SE-R instead of just a regular SE. I went to look at an SE with 60k on it, and drove off in an SE-R with 38k on it. They were nice, it was no hassle. The sales manager even told me while in his office that when we were done signing papers that I should test drive the 370z they had there. And sure enough, he went and pulled it around for me, and let me and my fiance go in it alone. Very nice people!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Looking for dealer in Tri-state to buyout lease

Hello everyone, new to the site, and already read tons of useful info. I was just curious if anyone had a recommended dealer they go to for purchasing vehicles. I am currently leasing an 08 Maxima and I want to buy it out. Any recommendations would be great. I live in the Bronx but will not go back to the dealer I went to (*** on E.Tremont ave, also closed down). Thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 AM

great service

Greg Vann nissan in cambridge ont is a good dealership to go to.They have always been honest and nice(carl and jen) and nooo expensive suprises.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM

Briggs Nissan

*w00t post #100!*

Briggs Nissan in Manhattan, KS service dept has consistently beat Courtesy Nissan's online prices, not bashing Courtesy Nissan, just givin props to Briggs and their prices. I'm almost at a first name basis up there, since I show up every weekend requesting a random part.

Last edited by aackshun; 06-19-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Moses Nissan of Huntington Wv is pretty good. Other than the fact that when I went to buy my Maxima nobody wanted to help me at first. Great Service department tho!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM

Hummels Nissan in Des Moines, IA is top notch. I have bought my last two Nissans there and have had great service after the fact. In 2006 I bought a '00 Altima, 30 days after one of the front axles popped out due to a bad axle seal. Had it towed in and they replaced the seal and reseated the axle at no cost. Next, I had another axle seal start leaking and they replaced it free of charge as well, which was over a year later. I just recently bought my '04 Maxima in May. After driving it for a few days I had some vibration in the steering wheel. I called them and asked them if they could balance the tires, I took it in and they ended up replacing the tires, brake pads, and turned the rotors. I find their service department to be very honest and will tell me when things need replaced or if they are something that can wait until a later date. Top notch service, in my opinion.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Old thread and all, but I gave my just-arrived-from-Canada Maxima to Tom O'Connell at Browns in Fairfax for inspection, emissions, look for a noise issue in the back and (what the heck, I am there already) an oil change.

Passed inspection, investigated the noise, and in spite of this sort of thing being an offer to be taken to the cleaners stated there wasn't a problem and that is was related to the tires installed (they're Nokian WR's, they are loud, fine) and that a wheel alignment, being probably due anyways, would show anything amiss their eyes missed. Diagnostic fee waived, wheels aligned, and the car was cleaned and vacuumed too. Advised of "stuff that probably ought be done soon" - just the air filter and cabin filter - as well.

No complaints, and under budget. Beats Alexandria Toyota, they never followed their checklists whenever my other car was serviced there, and they got huffy when called on it to boot.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:27 PM

I purchased my first Maxima at Tom Wood Nissan in Indianapolis.........the customer service was average. Same old arguing back and forth with the finance manager, and after 2 days and 5 hours we had a deal. The 02 Se i bought this past summer at Carmax was an absolute breeze had my car shipped from Texas, had it in Indy in about 2 weeks but only spent 3 hours purchasing it with no pressure from anyone. Thats because you cant bargain with them but hey it was at a great price and they took care of everything......a shock because ive heard some bad stuff about them in years past. I would buy from them again.

-Paul aka IDYMAXIMA
Old 04-25-2010, 03:45 PM

Number 1 Leasing, great company to deal with. They are basically brokers that shop around and get you the best prices. You can lease, finance, pay cash, they work out everything. Working with the inventories of numerous dealers broadens the possibility of getting exactly what you want or close to it. Lastly, they are nationwide so no matter where you are, they have people to assist you. I use them for my last 3 cars and recommend them to my friends and family. Best of all, on top of their great prices, they even give me a finder fee for each client that buys a car which is pretty cool. Anyway, if you or anyone you know is interested in a new car, tell them to email info@number1leasing.com
Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 AM

Maitland Auto Exchange

A good used car dealer - stands behind what he sells.

My Maxima is having some issues - called him up and told him about them (since I was running late to pay them) - he's like "Bring it in on Monday and I'll have the mechanic look at it" (paid the payment on Saturday)...
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

There is no "good" car dealers ANYWHERE if you have bad credit.

You pay through the nose for your past mistakes. No dealer is going to pretend you aren't a deadbeat when they know you are.

If they did that, they wouldn't be in business.

Buy here pay here car dealers sell to the worst credit risks and get scammed all the time. And customers who actually PAY as agreed make up for all those who don't pay as agreed.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM

any you recommend in irvine ca?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by ouzo99max
Marlboro Nissan

Marlboro, MA

Best dealership. Go see for yourself
I totally agree, this is my second car from them. Great experience both times.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by sciff5
I work for Infiniti of Norwood in Norwood Ma, and a few of the Org members have dealt with our dealership with good results. I try to help Orgers as much as possible.

Our service department is usually pretty lax about servicing cars with aftermarket parts too.
My wife bought a 2009 FX35 and we agree, it has been a wonderful everytime, especially when we went in for an oil change on her M35X and the and the tires were bad, so they offered to buy the lease and get her into a new car. So she got the FX she really wanted.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

If anyone here on the org is looking for a new Nissan, I'm a car broker in Upland, CA and I can get you all of the factory incentives, financing and get new Nissans at or around invoice. I can also get you better lease deals including lower drive off fees and lower down payment compared to what the dealer offers. Nissan delivers your vehicle to our office and your in and out within 20-30 minutes and there is no fee for our service. Just tell me what you're looking for (PM me here) and I will quote you a price.

http://www.pacificautosalesandleasing.com

Quick Reply: Good dealership Experiences