Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

now this is what I call great customer service thumbs up cattman

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003 | 03:54 PM

now this is what I call great customer service thumbs up cattman

I simply email Cattman for a sound clip of their new exhuast for the 4th gen and this is the email I get back. I consider this great customer service, although I didnt end up with a sound clip, the explanation and everything is good. Well here it is

"I'm working in New Zealand right now, so that would be quite difficult. I get a few requests for sound clips and to be honest, also don't see a lot of point in it. Its impossible to convey anything with accuracy. As you're listening to the clip, you have no idea what the volume is -- that's entirely a matter of how its recorded, not what the exhaust really sounds like. A listener could think its too loud and not have any idea that its really not loud at all. The second factor, tone, or quality of sound, cannot be transmitted accurately either. Most recording and playback hardware do not record with high fidelity, and none of it captures and plays back the low frequency tones that are so critical to a good-sounding exhaust.

So, since nothing that you would hear would be a dependable indicator of the sound, and because those things can be manipulated (as I know is done with a lot of sound clips on the internet) the only thing you could be confident about is that what you hear will NOT be what you get. I'm real straight-up with it comes to representing our products and given the circumstances, I'd really rather let the reputation of the product speak for itself. Our customers absolutely love their Cattman exhausts, particularly when they buy the entire system. Isn't too loud, doesn't drone on the highway, nice deep tone at low rpms, and doesn't instantly turn to a crappy sound when you put on a performance y-pipe like the others do -- all the things we designed this system to do.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have, though I will be away from my computer for a few days untill 05 March.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance"
Old 03-02-2003 | 04:40 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i wonder what he's working on down under.
Old 03-03-2003 | 07:10 AM
ivelweyz

Re: now this is what I call great customer service thumbs up cattman

Originally posted by infinitiblast
I simply email Cattman for a sound clip of their new exhuast for the 4th gen and this is the email I get back. I consider this great customer service, although I didnt end up with a sound clip, the explanation and everything is good. Well here it is

"I'm working in New Zealand right now, so that would be quite difficult. I get a few requests for sound clips and to be honest, also don't see a lot of point in it. Its impossible to convey anything with accuracy. As you're listening to the clip, you have no idea what the volume is -- that's entirely a matter of how its recorded, not what the exhaust really sounds like. A listener could think its too loud and not have any idea that its really not loud at all. The second factor, tone, or quality of sound, cannot be transmitted accurately either. Most recording and playback hardware do not record with high fidelity, and none of it captures and plays back the low frequency tones that are so critical to a good-sounding exhaust.

So, since nothing that you would hear would be a dependable indicator of the sound, and because those things can be manipulated (as I know is done with a lot of sound clips on the internet) the only thing you could be confident about is that what you hear will NOT be what you get. I'm real straight-up with it comes to representing our products and given the circumstances, I'd really rather let the reputation of the product speak for itself. Our customers absolutely love their Cattman exhausts, particularly when they buy the entire system. Isn't too loud, doesn't drone on the highway, nice deep tone at low rpms, and doesn't instantly turn to a crappy sound when you put on a performance y-pipe like the others do -- all the things we designed this system to do.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have, though I will be away from my computer for a few days untill 05 March.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance"
How exactly is this great customer service? He probably wrote that e-mail so many times he just cut and paste it so that u leave him alone. At least he wasn't dissing other companies this time...
Old 03-03-2003 | 08:04 AM

I say thats great for several reasons. Number one he replied to it. Half these companies I will get an auto response but never anything else back. Instead of sending a simple no I dont have sounds clips he answered it, whether or not he cut and paste it I dont care. He was very professional in the email as well without dissing someone else as you say.