Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Irritating CustomMaxima experience...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Hella internets

Irritating CustomMaxima experience...

I buy clear corners for my max, first mod....(from customenterprise.com) I know that they have the highest prices for clear corners but i figured it would be a lil more dependable for quality since you guys give good reviews about theyre stuff, etc...I figured, hey ill just pay an extra 25 bucks and not be paranoid about getting ripped or sent crappy DC clears....

N E wayz...i get em and what happens? they are all warped and screwed up in the housing inside the clear plastic cover....O.K....call em up, they tell me "oh yea ship em back to us and if we SEE something wrong with em WE WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HAVE THE MANAGER PICK YOU OUT A 'FRESH' PAIR..." I say, sure bro thanks for the help....little did i know they were gona be lil *****es about the whole deal....5 or so days pass by and i get em, and damn...wait a minute am i trippin? THEY ARE THE SAME GOD DAMN PAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and to top it off....have i gotten repaid for the shipping there and back 3 damn times....er....no? OF COURSE NO!!!!

Anyways, this happend a while ago but i figured i would let you guys know...cause now they say they arent gona pay for shipping and that since i want a refund i have to pay that stupid restocking fee....what are they gona restock? DC Clears that were made by pre-schoolers?

Anyways just thought i would let you know, cause i paid a total of 65 bucks or so and im only getting back about....er..32 or something....so much for my first mod on my max....and so much for EVER buying anything from that piece of $hit company...

If you wana c pics of their beautifull creations they send me, at least one of the not so bad one, Email me... the only reason i KNOW they were the same exact pair was cause i took pics of them right when i got em the first time....
Old 02-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea... CM really sucks my *****... when i got my clear corners they shipped me a pair that didn't have the reflective coating on the inside of the light. well they tell me the same ****, after 2 moths of yelling at the ****heads anyway... well they finally sent me a new pair which was decent but they dont fit very well because they're a bit warped... so **** CM and shop @ www.southwestautoworks.com they're great guys and are actually participating members on the org who actually have customer service...
Old 02-02-2004, 02:10 AM
V^___^V

ebay is your best friend
Old 02-02-2004, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by happyricefob
ebay is your best friend
Stay away from seller "SpeedInfiniti" and you will be fine. They answered all questions I had before I bought a product from them promptly. I receive it and they aren't the correct part, email them telling them about the problem, no more replies. It's been a month now and they act like they aren't receiving my emails all of a sudden.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:35 AM

my clears are fine, thats weird...however, i bought a keychain from themand had some scratches on the chrome finish...
Old 02-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Banned

custom enterprises is possibly one of the worst aftermarket product sales company ever. There business ethics are horrible, management is poor, i have even been called on to a fight by the owner himself as he called me at my house telling me he will show me how men settle things properly, and that i should meet him someplace to "settle such". I have been givin the lead around the bush with returns from my first purchase (over 2000$), i recieve the skyline kit in horrible shape for a fiberglass body kit. if i could do it all again i would go to redlinemax.com but as of late, the site has been down. gladly i would have met this owner had i not been into a tussel with legal activeities at the time. Rise with me fellow maxima.org members, give word further to others of this poor embarassment of a organization dubbed customenterprises.com
Old 02-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Banned

also after he had called me on he pussed up and then soon after told me im sure something could be arrainged for a reship of the parts etc...

now thats how you get business!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:29 AM

XeroX,

I had a similar problem with Custom Maxima. My clears were warped as well. I called them and they shipped another pair. The second set was worse. I called and called, but they would not return my calls. Their excuse was that all of the clear bumpers were made in Taiwan, and they were all bad.

If it helps, the red/clear tails for the 97-99 Maxima are much better quality. I didn't have any complaints.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:59 AM

Well, to begin with: Our Diamond Cut bumper lights (I believe that is what you ordered...not clear corners). They are $39 (if you know a place that sells the exact same diamond cuts for $14...please let me know.) Your total was $47.50. Not $65.
2nd: We did send you a brand new pair. NOT the same pair.
3rd: I'm not sure what you mean by 3 times shipping. You paid to have the original product shipped to you. I offered to pay to have those sent back to us but you were not interested as it was going to take extra time (I have no control over how fast UPS works).
Lastly, WE are paying for shipping to pick up the last delivery. This was all discussed with your mom assuming I remember the correct customer and I think I do. I doubt a return would be possible at all if you'd bought your product on ebay. and I doubt that seller would pay for shipping of the product....twice.
We have yet to receive your 2nd set back therefore they've not been inspected.

PS: snakekiller: that is some funny stuff. Highly Highly doubtful. You'd be much more apt to get that from myself bro.

chopper: We are open from 9:00 to 5:30 EST during the week. I can't understand how we're so hard to get a hold of. Our phone number is on the site and there is always someone here to take phone calls.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:09 PM

Custom Maxima

More like www.Custombadcustomerservice.com
Custom Maxima claims it will beat anyone's price--- yeah maybe if they decide to reply to your email.. I've emailed them several times without ever a reply.

When I first got my Maxima- I think I've bought (mistake) several different products from them, clear corners, indiglo guages, trenz grill. So, you think they'd value my business. Not really....

I get the same level of customer service from people on ebay.
At least people on ebay have always emailed me back with 2 days...

Two places I've had great- luck with is www.redlinemax.com and www.paradox-systems.com.

Love Paradox systems-- I get emails back within 12 hours, wonderful customer service, free shipping (well its included in the price), group deals right on the website, and products are reasonably priced.
They make me fell like I am their only customer.
They ever offered to post pics of my car on their website.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:20 PM

to tell you the truth CM was pretty good to me. i ordered their angel eye fogs that where defective, and they gave me a full refund on them, also my first mod was through them, clear bumper lights and i got thosefairly fast. and everytime i had any questions i called ant spoke with ed or tyler and they where always helpfull. just my experiance.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by MPMoney$
More like www.Custombadcustomerservice.com
Custom Maxima claims it will beat anyone's price--- yeah maybe if they decide to reply to your email.. I've emailed them several times without ever a reply.

When I first got my Maxima- I think I've bought (mistake) several different products from them, clear corners, indiglo guages, trenz grill. So, you think they'd value my business. Not really....
CustomMaxima recieves an abundance of emails everyday. Myself and Ed personally respond to each email that comes into the inbox. We also get many emails that we dont want (ie. Spam, virus attachments etc.), because of this we have set up filters. It is likely that your emails were mistakenly filtered out.

Despite that fact that you didnt receive a reply back, you can always pick up the phone. We are there from 9 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern Time Monday - Friday. If I were to do a price match for you, I would require you to call in anyway. I wouldnt complete the sale via email.

Lets all try to act like adults here. In my book, making spoof names of our domain name is immature, and its been done before If you have a problem with anything whatsoever or if you need assistance we are there to answer your calls. Thank you.

BTW, we value each and everyone one of our customer's business.

-Tyler
CustomMaxima.com
1-800-806-5798 Ext. 104
Tyler@CustomMaxima.com
Old 02-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Custom_Maxima
Well, to begin with: Our Diamond Cut bumper lights (I believe that is what you ordered...not clear corners). They are $39 (if you know a place that sells the exact same diamond cuts for $14...please let me know.) Your total was $47.50. Not $65.
2nd: We did send you a brand new pair. NOT the same pair.
3rd: I'm not sure what you mean by 3 times shipping. You paid to have the original product shipped to you. I offered to pay to have those sent back to us but you were not interested as it was going to take extra time (I have no control over how fast UPS works).
Lastly, WE are paying for shipping to pick up the last delivery. This was all discussed with your mom assuming I remember the correct customer and I think I do. I doubt a return would be possible at all if you'd bought your product on ebay. and I doubt that seller would pay for shipping of the product....twice.
We have yet to receive your 2nd set back therefore they've not been inspected.

PS: snakekiller: that is some funny stuff. Highly Highly doubtful. You'd be much more apt to get that from myself bro.

chopper: We are open from 9:00 to 5:30 EST during the week. I can't understand how we're so hard to get a hold of. Our phone number is on the site and there is always someone here to take phone calls.
...to be quite honest....does it really matter how much it cost... and the total WITH shipping was 61.97....47.50 was the cost without the extra shipping...LIKE IT EVEN MATTERS HOW MUCH THEY COST...they are not only HIGHLY overpriced, but the DC Bumpers were pure and simple CRAP.... and not only that but you had to lie about paying for shipping not only back to my house but the charge for shipping it out to you guys the first time (I think I talked to a Steve or a Scott?)...the sad thing is my mom called you guys while I was @ work for some reason and you had to lie to her...sadly my mother....

Anyways just had to clarify...cause if I believe so myself...I PAID FOR IT...I SHOULD KNOW....

Considering that is COMPLETELY utterly unimportant to the fact that YOUR BUSINESS IS SO DAMN UNORGANIZED AND CRAPPY that you have to lie about looking for a "fresh pair" to send me the same exact damn DC bumper lights...how the hell did you guys even get a website up and running for this crap? and to be honest I DON’T know if the rest of your so called "products" are even decent AT ALL and im never gona attempt to see for myself if they are or not.....and HOPEFULLY the word will get out to your new customers so that they wont attempt to do so either...

and as for also telling me AFTER I got the warped pieces of plastic that ALL OF YOUR DC BUMPERS are defective...cmon now man...if they are all defective, why do you advertise them as new products? isn’t that false advertising?

You guys need to get your $hit straight, THEN try and tell me what’s up...until I see a check mailed from you guys with the digits "61.97" on it I will CONTINUE to talk MAD $hit about you guys...cause to be quite honest I don’t doubt that you have good products but its just the fact that you could screw up such an easy order, lie to not only a customer...but his mother as well...., and then tell me that they are all defective like that...that is sad....real sad...
Old 02-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Hella internets

act like adults? ... why dont you act like a business-MAN instead, and send me my check? you wana treat me like a valued customer? then do it...
Old 02-03-2004, 07:26 AM

I have no interest in lying to you or your Mother. And please, don't twist words around. I told you the DCBL were not an OEM part and never said they were defective, because quite frankly, they are not. I have no interest in lying to a customer about anything. That is why I get the same guys calling back looking to talk to me...they know they are going to get solid information with no b.s. because I tell people the straight truth. So your story doesn't fly with me and its too bad I have to waste my time letting the Maxima Community know oue companies side of the story.
Sincerely,
Steven MIchaels
Vice President
Custom Enterprise
203-730-0858 ext.102
Steve@CustomEnterprise.com
Old 02-03-2004, 09:04 AM

Well Xerox this will most likely be our last response. It seems nothing is getting accomplished here but I'll try again (repeat myself).
I'm not sure how you figure you or your mother were lied to. I cannot find anywhere on your account a charge for 61.97. I see that you were charge $39 for bumper lights. $8.50 for shipping. Thats all. If you have a a statement that claims otherwise, please contact me immediately so I can have our accounting department look into that.
Any charges to get those back to us (because you chose not to wait for a call tag as explained again below) I cannot account for.

you wrote:
".... and not only that but you had to lie about paying for shipping not only back to my house but the charge for shipping it out to you guys the first time "

I'm not even sure what your saying here. I certainly never lied to you. I offered to have the shipping paid for. but that was not going to be quick enough for you (understandably as it takes UPS several business days to process). So you decided to pay to ship them back. I explained that we are not able to refund that. We don't mind at all paying for the shipping to get it back to us, but we have to do it via our calltag procedure. I went over this when I posted yesterday and, as I recall, we went over this in detail when you and i spoke, and you were not upset at the time.
Steve spoke with your mother. He is, undoubtedly, the most brutally honest person I know. I've never known him to lie.

As for email responses, as Tyler stated, he and I check them ALL. If an email is not getting through (happens sometimes) it is due to filters used to maintain the integrity of our network. Things have been a little tighter lately with the mydoomsday worm going around.
We've said it a million times. I'll say it again. Please CALL US if you have problems/concerns/questions. If you can't get through via email (we answer ALL of them) we do have an 800 number (as listed in previous posts). Just call us.

Ed Dalton
Old 02-03-2004, 10:26 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

You must admit , your shipping costs are a bit high. I work for Fedex , and im familiar with shipping rates. Its your business, and you need to make money however you can. The only thing I have purchased from you guys was my triple guage pod. You guys shipped me the wrong color. I sent it back, and I received the right one now. It was a major inconvenience , since I had a project I was trying to complete that weekend, but I know people make mistakes......thats all I have to say about CM. I have had very positive experiences with Paradox, SW Autoworks, and Berk Tuning, as well as Frankencar.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Hella internets

If sending you the documentation will help i will be happy to send it to you guys...Im at werk right now but as soon as i am able to check my records i will send you the statements...

I appologize for sounding mad, im not really...its only 60 bucks but its just the fact that you actually told me you and the "manager" YOURSELVES were going to pick me out a fresh pair...i got back the same EXACT pair, everthing about them was the same, even the litlle rubber covers on the back of the housings, when i got the first pair one of the sides had a rubber thing missing...(i think its just for protection durring shipping, i wouldnt know since i have never installed bumper lights YET...)When you guys sent it back it was the same damn light!

That ****es me off... not the money, just the fact that you said you were going to do something and clearly did not (i call that lieing, wether or not you had best intentions, i really dont care)... the only way im sure of this is that i literally took a pic of the first pair to show happyricefob the defective lights, i thought it was wierd concidering i have only heard good things about your company...

All i want to do is simply get this delt with...if sending you my documentation will help then that will happen, as soon as i get home i will send you a copy...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Custom_Maxima1
I have no interest in lying to you or your Mother. And please, don't twist words around. I told you the DCBL were not an OEM part and never said they were defective, because quite frankly, they are not. I have no interest in lying to a customer about anything. That is why I get the same guys calling back looking to talk to me...they know they are going to get solid information with no b.s. because I tell people the straight truth. So your story doesn't fly with me and its too bad I have to waste my time letting the Maxima Community know oue companies side of the story.
Sincerely,
Steven MIchaels
Vice President
Custom Enterprise
203-730-0858 ext.102
Steve@CustomEnterprise.com
as for this...i understand that they are not OEM parts, you have told me this ever since this became a problem, and i have been aware of this ever since i purchased them, after-all usually you have to go through the dealership or a representing site for a dealership to buy oem parts...your not a representative of nissan...i know that and HAVE known that...but it still doesnt change the fact that everysingle user on this site that has pics up of there car and has DC bumpers, they look VERY nice...not all warped like yours....and the sad thing is that most of them buy them for rediculously cheaper than your prices, ask anyone that has purchased them on ebay and been satisfied...then ask for pics...damn they do look nice....not all distorted...right?

and isnt it kind of funny how you not only told me that all of your dc bumpers are defective, but i thought it was wierd how someone else posted how they had the same response from you guys, "all of em are defective" read up there im to lazy to quote....
Old 02-03-2004, 12:08 PM

we've sold hundreds (maybe thousands) of these things to customers who who were perfectly happy with them. You are welcome to purchase parts wherever you want (as a matter of a fact as a consumer I recommend you shop around and purchase your parts wherever you are most comfortable).
As for the financial situation, we definately want to make sure you were charged properly. I mentioned the only charges I see on your account. I'm pretty sure we're still waiting on that part coming back to us, but we'll get you straightened out.
As for shipping (man you guys love to get off topic) $8 to ship a box the size of a huge VCR (weighing 5 lbs or so) from CT to NV aint too bad I wouldn't think. A ticket company wanted to charge me the same for ground ups shipping for two concert tickets! We do price matches from other websites, and I've personally gone ahead and placed "mock orders" and the shipping has come out to, literally, 4 and 5 times what we charge. That's how they make up the difference in product price, especially when that price seems unusually low. I'd argue with anyone that our shipping and handling prices are competetive.

Ed
Old 02-03-2004, 01:18 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

Funny thing about the email, sent one 5 days ago and have not heard a word yet, pathetic.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:34 PM

Gee that IS funny.

I repeat:

"As for email responses, as Tyler stated, he and I check them ALL. If an email is not getting through (happens sometimes) it is due to filters used to maintain the integrity of our network. Things have been a little tighter lately with the mydoomsday worm going around."

If it is SO important that you get in touch with us, then take 30 seconds out of your busy day to pick up the phone and call our toll free number. there's an idea. It's that simple. You can be in touch with a rep and solving any issue you may have in the time it takes to post a thread casting dispersions at us.

800-806-5798
Old 02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Banned

Gee that IS funny.

I repeat:

"As for email responses, as Tyler stated, he and I check them ALL. If an email is not getting through (happens sometimes) it is due to filters used to maintain the integrity of our network. Things have been a little tighter lately with the mydoomsday worm going around."

If it is SO important that you get in touch with us, then take 30 seconds out of your busy day to pick up the phone and call our toll free number. there's an idea. It's that simple. You can be in touch with a rep and solving any issue you may have in the time it takes to post a thread casting dispersions at us.

800-806-5798
so your saying youd like to rumble eh? have at it! heh guys, moneys only paper comon. hell, golds only a metal.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:09 PM

What's funny is how you so-called
"businessmen" talk to your "customers." I'm 16 and already I know I would never do business with you after reading this thread.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Hella internets

we've sold hundreds (maybe thousands) of these things to customers who who were perfectly happy with them. You are welcome to purchase parts wherever you want (as a matter of a fact as a consumer I recommend you shop around and purchase your parts wherever you are most comfortable).
As for the financial situation, we definately want to make sure you were charged properly. I mentioned the only charges I see on your account. I'm pretty sure we're still waiting on that part coming back to us, but we'll get you straightened out.
As for shipping (man you guys love to get off topic) $8 to ship a box the size of a huge VCR (weighing 5 lbs or so) from CT to NV aint too bad I wouldn't think. A ticket company wanted to charge me the same for ground ups shipping for two concert tickets! We do price matches from other websites, and I've personally gone ahead and placed "mock orders" and the shipping has come out to, literally, 4 and 5 times what we charge. That's how they make up the difference in product price, especially when that price seems unusually low. I'd argue with anyone that our shipping and handling prices are competetive.

Ed
Yeah im looking at my credit card statement and the shipping back to you guys the first time was...14.47 cents...that should be added to the total of 47.50....as for the so called restock fee of i think it was 30%...dont you think i should be excluded from a restock fee concidering it was a defective product? i HOPE your not going to put those DC lights back on your shelves, if anything you should PAY ME for finding (Extremely) defective products in your stock...but i dont care i just want my money back...

I have the credit card statement, and will be happy to fax it to you to prove how much i was billed for...im not confortable posting my statement up on the forums.. no offense maxima guys

If you would like i can fax u the document tomarow b4 i go to school around noon (cali time)
Old 02-03-2004, 02:56 PM

Xerox you're gonna have to call me. Obviously you've not read what I posted AND about what we talked about orginally when you wanted to reutrn the item.
I C A N N O T refund the shipping you paid for. I offered to pay for it by setting up the calltag. You declined based on the time it was going to take (again, understandable cuz you want your parts asap just like I would...but the downfall is that you have to pay to get us the damaged part). Shipping is never refundable. Not here and no where I've ever shopped. I wish i was able to refund that for you (would certainly make you and I both alot happier) but I just cannot. I have to work within the return policy.

Give me a call tomorrow if you like or if you have a chance.

Ed
800-806-5798 ext: 101
Old 02-03-2004, 03:04 PM

DMAD....I just get frustrated. I try to explain things and it just seems that nobody listens. I've explained the calltag policy at least twice in this thread alone.
I post in these thread to try and get stuff straight for you guys and I just get flamed. It's always the same thing too. I'm only a phone call away. Simply call me for answers to questions, resolutions to problems etc. I'm not the owner. I don't have stock in the company. I'm not here to rip people off. i'm here to help YOU guys. Not the company. And I do not lie to people. I've got no use for lying. I have no problem being honest even if its news you don't want to hear. But I can't always do that by guessing from car color type, user name who's who. Thats' why I need people to call.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Hella internets

Thanks alot...and im sorry i had to go through this whole process, but to be honest no one on this planet ever really wants to do anything unless you complain in ways that they dont like...sadly...THEN they will try to please you...

Cause i did talk to you guys and so did my mom, concidering she can hold her cool a little better...i can just as well but she has a more "profesional" way of handling things lol, thats why she is my mom...

I am JUST as frustrated as you are....believe me!

and hopefully next time someone buys some DC bumpers you guys will actually part out the defective parts before you start shipping, because one thing is "minory mess ups imperfections" and another is "really screwed up and warped"...in wich both shipments were...(they were the same...if not they must me identicle twins from taiwan or something)...

I understand about the shipping charges and i will live with that...afterall i do remember agreeing to that, my fualt i forgot...but as for the restocking fee that only aplies for parts that can be re-inventoried for re-sale...am i wrong?

I will try to give you a call tomarow and get this delt with...and i hope that i didnt lower your reputation as a retailer...but it was coming...if not, you would have given me my 47$ back to begin with, not the 30 bucks or something...(thats with the 30% restock)

thank you and i hope that we will be able to work this out.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DMad8724
What's funny is how you so-called
"businessmen" talk to your "customers." I'm 16 and already I know I would never do business with you after reading this thread.

you got brains kid, brains i didn thave before i spent 4g flat at cusmax.. possibly more
Old 02-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by kloogy
You must admit , your shipping costs are a bit high. I work for Fedex , and im familiar with shipping rates. Its your business, and you need to make money however you can. The only thing I have purchased from you guys was my triple guage pod. You guys shipped me the wrong color. I sent it back, and I received the right one now. It was a major inconvenience , since I had a project I was trying to complete that weekend, but I know people make mistakes......thats all I have to say about CM. I have had very positive experiences with Paradox, SW Autoworks, and Berk Tuning, as well as Frankencar.

I agree about the shipping costs. They are outrageous. I bought the maxima emblem from custommaxima and it was 7.00?

I bought a couple things from custommaxima and although my red/clears took a while, it came in great condition. i thought the customer service was good too...but shipping rates suck..especially since im only a couple states away. I mean...7 bucks shipping for a maxima emblem...doesnt weigh near a vcr.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

Sending out a 1lb UPS package still costs me $6 something. I mail out many packages per month; sometimes small, sometimes big but still haven't seen rate under $6.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Guy with the Orange Max

Sometime in 2002 I ordered a set of eyelids through Custom Maxima. They two sides were completely different from each other. I sent them an email about it and what did I get in response? The contact information for the company that made them. Great customer service...

I've learned to never do any business with them. I now stick to the local shops or Southwest Autoworks. I've purchased several things through them and have had nothing but an enjoyable experience!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:00 AM

Xerox said it costs him $14.00 to ship his lights back to us. We charged him $8.50 to get them to him. I wouldn't say our shipping is a rip off. It cost time and money to process orders, print invoices, shipping slips, shipping labels, box that stuff up (boxes and materials cost money), and put it on the truck. Also cost money to pay people to do all of that. All in all our shipping prices are not bad at all. * See AMMI's post above*
Other companies (that I've price matched products on) sometimes charge more than double what we do.
Airmatdog: Those are a Sarona product that ships directly from them. The other option would have been to get those back to us. Then for us to contact Sarona to get credit on the product and send it back to them. then have a new one either sent to us (to send to you) or have it sent to you. we would have given you their direct contact information to speed up (by over a week) the process of getting you your part. It's just not a part that is stocked here. Do not think we are passing the buck, we do things for a reason and don't be afraid to ask what those reasons are.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Banned

forget www.custommaxipad.com,

www.redlinemax.com sells better quality stuff anyway with better priceing and there sites up again, plus the chics very easy to talk to.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:29 PM

It's UPS's fault on that one. A 1lb package (minimum weight) costs anywhere from $4.80-$7 and that's with my UPS account and pickup. It's even more normally if you use a UPS counter. The price doesn't go up all that much with weight though, ie a 2lb package is only like $.10 more.

For small things, the post office is much cheaper, but totally unreliable.

Originally Posted by chillinmax
I agree about the shipping costs. They are outrageous. I bought the maxima emblem from custommaxima and it was 7.00?

I bought a couple things from custommaxima and although my red/clears took a while, it came in great condition. i thought the customer service was good too...but shipping rates suck..especially since im only a couple states away. I mean...7 bucks shipping for a maxima emblem...doesnt weigh near a vcr.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:56 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

USPS never lost any of my packages
Old 02-04-2004, 11:00 PM

USPS doesn't lose a lot of our packages either, but they still do lose them. We have probably 30 packages a day with USPS and another 30-40 with UPS. USPS loses 1-2 packages a week. UPS has lost 2 packages total in the 8 months we've used them. And UPS tracking numbers actually work. USPS is good for small, cheaper things that need low cost shipping. For anything that needs timely delivery and is valuable, UPS and FedEx are the only ways to go.

Originally Posted by Ammi
USPS never lost any of my packages
Old 02-05-2004, 12:41 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Its not unusual for these threads about them to show up. Here is the last one that has a bunch of other ticked off people (including myself) complaining about CM.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....9&page=1&pp=30
Old 03-24-2005, 10:20 AM
CaLSoNiC

www.southwestautoworks.com now known as www.sportcompactonly.com > All

Old 03-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Wow!!! Very interesting thread.

To the Customer Enterprise people, I strongly recommend you to call Xerox (instead of waiting for him to call you) to get things sort out, if you still care about your reputation. If your ISP email isn't reliable, then use the PM feature of the forum. At least there is no SPAM. I work in the IT field, so, I will recommend you to add the spam-filtering feature onto your email account(s). Some people prefer email, some prefer phone (like you guys from what I read). Also, some people aren't convenient to use phone. For example, my work area is kind of open, and if I use the phone, a lot of people will hear my conversation; and if I have to call you guys, I have to do it in business hours. Email, on the other hand, won't have this problem.

So far I have read good/bad reviews, but I remember something like, "It takes a bad customer to ruin the business"? Interesting, I was browsing your site early this week, thinking about getting a pair a clear taillight because my stock one is crack now. After reading the story, I am holding it back.

I am sure you care about your business. So, it is time to sort things out and ask Xerox to post it here, especially you have competitors just a couple mouse clicks away.

Quick Reply: Irritating CustomMaxima experience...