Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

I need your opinion on a email I recieved from Mobiletek..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:16 PM

I need your opinion on a email I recieved from Mobiletek..

I got my VBmod on Wednesday of last week, installed it on thrusday night, and I clean out the original VB, so it would be ready to ship. My only problem was that I was busy working odd hours, so I was never able to go the my local post office/UPS/Fedex to send back the VBmod on time, I would always get out late!! Anyhow I got a email from them today, I got two emails yesterday, but only was able to glance at them yesterday before I went to work. But this is what he sent me today, what do you all think? I am sorry tha tI havent sent it, It will be sent tomorrow, but is this professional???:

Today is Tuesday, still no VB. we shipped UPS ground and it took 24 hours to arrive, its taken 5 days, still no VB, whats the joke?

We have someone waiting. If you prefer, you can keep the original VB and paypal us an additional $250. If you don't have the $10 to ship it, please let us know, we have a few people in Harlingen that won't mind coming to pick it up at 441Jose Marti apt#106 in Brownsville.

We did everything we promised, you need to hold up your end of the deal as well. You're not making the .org look very good right now.

A simple response will suffice.

Thanks,

Ryan

In a way I took it as a threat, but then I just took it as unbusiness like. Oh and get this, every time I emailed them asking for there # so I could ask questions over the phone, they just replied with emails.. Until today when Ryan decided to call me (281) ***-6185), and tell me this over the phone. I'm sorry, but isnt givin my address against the law? I will send out the dam VBmod, I just dont think it was appropriate for an emai like that, What do you guys think? Thanks
Old 03-16-2004, 09:18 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yea....definately not professional. send it over to them like you did indeed promise but, still
Old 03-16-2004, 09:41 PM

no dude, i would have to agree with ryan on that one. you knew what the deal is with the vb mod upgrade (he sends you the mod and you send him back your stock core same day or the next day). he has a business to run and he cant run it if people take a very long time to send their cores back or not even send the core at all. then he get angry customers (such as myself) as to why he hasnt shipped out the mod yet. he was suppose to ship out my mod on fri 3/12/04 and now its tues night almost weds and he still hasnt shipped me my mod cause people are takin a long time to ship back their cores. here is an e-mail i got from ryan today.........
"we are expecting 2 back tomorrow (the guys aren't as quick to get them out as we are), but I'll let you know when it ships. I'm hoping tomorrow.

I will keep you informed."
Old 03-16-2004, 10:13 PM
G

i understand them wanting the core back, but that does sound a little threatening. i talked to ryan on saturday and told him i would ship mine out on monday. then monday he emailed me and he was asking why the VB didnt arrive on monday and i was like uh, sir, i shipped it as soon as i could. so anywho, they are a little pesky. i wouldnt worry about it too much. they will get over it.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:34 PM
living out of a maxima...

I agree he's just trying to run his business. It wouldn't take much to send him an email saying "I've been real busy, I'll send it out today.", but I'm sure he just got frustrated after 5 days of waiting and no word from you. On the flip side, if you had to send the core first, and you waited 5 days with no word from them, wouldn't you get a little edgy?
Old 03-17-2004, 01:48 AM

a deal is a deal, a promise is a promise, he did his part.

please let us know, we have a few people in Harlingen that won't mind coming to pick it up at 441Jose Marti apt#106 in Brownsville.
maybe hes serious(non threatening way) and doesnt mind having someone personally pick it up and wrote the address so you can confirm its your residence where the vb is located at and not an address that you used to recieve packages.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:00 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

like i said, you did promise it to him...he is running a buisness, but was this whole letter necessary and profesional, no.
Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
IToday is Tuesday, still no VB. we shipped UPS ground and it took 24 hours to arrive, its taken 5 days, still no VB, whats the joke?
what was the purpose of calling it a joke. he made your actions seem like a farce JUST to bug him. i think that could have been phrased better.

If you don't have the $10 to ship it...
ok, that sounds a little demeaning, but sticking your adress in there isnt illegal (or do you mean the action of coming to your house to get it?). its nice the offered to pick it up, but once again...bad way of putting it.

You're not making the .org look very good right now.
yea...why do you reflect the actions of every single member on the org? what if one person from here rips them off, they will never do buisness with us again?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:52 AM

Is this the same Mobiletek that kept people's money for like a year and they never got their VB's? I remember those threads some months back. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black? Or is Don no longer there and it's under new management?
Old 04-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Shadow
Is this the same Mobiletek that kept people's money for like a year and they never got their VB's? I remember those threads some months back. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black? Or is Don no longer there and it's under new management?
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 05-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Jer

I would suggest avoiding Mobiletek like the plague. Granted, they had success in the beginning, but they have a rep. around here now for having shady things happen.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Sleeps with his maxima!

Oh man, I bought a set of wheels and tires a while back from that don guy, never sent them for like a half a year. Fortunetly my bank was able to get my money back, apperently his bank was pretty ****ed for having to get in the mess since it was a federal crime or whatever. Mobletek is a crook, Id watch out.