Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Mossy Nissan at Kearny Mesa, San Diego test drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Went to Mossy today. I was looking for a 2k AE 5sp. While browsing, a sales guy comes over. Name is Paul, looks nicely aged, friendly, but doesn't know much about Maximas.

Showed me the showroom car, which was nice and fully loaded. He had trouble recalling the features/options.

I told him my dad is buying me a car cuz I got good grades...I choose the car and he'll pay. Told him I wanted an AE 5sp. He looked in his computer and said there's only 1 in the area and they have it. I said Great! Let's see it. He said "we'll look at the demo, which's exactly the same but auto..." Was he BS'ing me? Cuz I kept on saying I wanna see the car before I commit but he wouldn't show it to me.

Anyways, testdrive of the auto was really nice...but prefer 5sp. Needs mods to give it attitude, but it's got the luxury covered. I love the new leather with the breathing holes...feels like it wraps your body better than the 2k leather.

Anyways, he gives me a printout of the options and final price...$28,865 or something like that. No options, just AE. Kinda high.

Anyways, this guy wasn't pushy...maybe cuz I told him my dad was paying. He didn't know much. The other asian guy didn't know much either cuz I was listening to him talk to a mom/dad/lil kid.

I'd say if you know what you're looking for, you can actually push these guys around. But if you're pretty new, I'd say stay away.

Jay
________
*** vid

Last edited by ThurzNite; 03-21-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2001, 11:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok..the sales guy did lie. According to this http://nissan.mossy.com/displayNew.asp?Item=0D11124 the car is located at another dealership....which would explain why he wouldn't let me see it. Jerk.
Jay
________
Ultimate fighters

Last edited by ThurzNite; 03-21-2011 at 05:08 PM.