Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

cattman performance has poor customer care

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 02:20 PM
KCTYPHOON

just wanted all the newcomers to know that your much better off ordering parts from Courtesy Nissan, Street Beat,Tire Rack, or any other website for that matter aside from cattman performance due to their low standards of customer care. not only are they giving me difficult times about making a return for a full refund, but when i called pertaining to missing hardware for my rear sway bar, all they did was give me the number for addco and told me to handle the problem on my own.. i still cant put my sway bar in because of the complications trying to reach anything other than an answering machine at addco.. thanks cattman.. after spending a few hundred dollars on your products you tell me to handle the problem on my own?? and then give me a song and dance about giving me my money back??!! i think you should stand behind your products and service a little more. i dont care if i threw your product off a cliff and wanted a refund, you should do it just to keep me on as a customer after spending a nice chunk of money on several products from you . thats called good customer service which i experienced from Sreet Beat, and Courtesy Nissan, both of which i highly recomend to all new comers looking to invest some money in their cars. BY THE WAY.. STEET BEAT has great deals on hyper white bulbs, tail lights, tail light paint, and strut bars! make sure you check em out!!!!! have a nice day

Old 03-28-2001, 02:23 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

What is actually wrong with your sway bar?
Old 03-28-2001, 02:35 PM
ajaffee

"but when i called pertaining to missing hardware for my rear sway bar, all they did was give me the number for addco and told me to handle the problem on my own.. i still cant put my sway bar in because of the complications trying to reach anything other than an answering machine at addco.. thanks cattman"

Why is it Cattman's fault that you can't get in touch with anyone at Addco? By the way, it is an Addco product.

"i dont care if i threw your product off a cliff and wanted a refund, you should do it just to keep me on as a customer after spending a nice chunk of money on several products from you"

Now let's see, buy a product, destroy it by some other means than normal use, then demand a refund because I'm the customer and you should give it to me...

Interesting philosophy.

Just for the record, when I've had questions regarding Cattman's products, Brian Catts has spoken to me and helped answer any questions I had.

Old 03-28-2001, 02:35 PM

I smell....

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
just wanted all the newcomers to know that your much better off ordering parts from Courtesy Nissan, Street Beat,Tire Rack, or any other website for that matter aside from cattman performance due to their low standards of customer care. not only are they giving me difficult times about making a return for a full refund, but when i called pertaining to missing hardware for my rear sway bar, all they did was give me the number for addco and told me to handle the problem on my own.. i still cant put my sway bar in because of the complications trying to reach anything other than an answering machine at addco.. thanks cattman.. after spending a few hundred dollars on your products you tell me to handle the problem on my own?? and then give me a song and dance about giving me my money back??!! i think you should stand behind your products and service a little more. i dont care if i threw your product off a cliff and wanted a refund, you should do it just to keep me on as a customer after spending a nice chunk of money on several products from you . thats called good customer service which i experienced from Sreet Beat, and Courtesy Nissan, both of which i highly recomend to all new comers looking to invest some money in their cars. BY THE WAY.. STEET BEAT has great deals on hyper white bulbs, tail lights, tail light paint, and strut bars! make sure you check em out!!!!! have a nice day
You want to warn newcomers.....hmm...seems to me that you are a "newcomer". This is one of your first posts. Now before you go a bash people, you should do some research, and you would find that Cattman actually has the some of the best customer service around, what other re-seller is COMPLETELY dedicated to the Maxima, and can you PERSONALLY e-mail the owner. I have PERSONALLY talked to Brian Catts, and I know for a fact that your little story would NEVER happen. He is dedicated to making you happy with your product any way he can. If you want to Advertise for Street Beat, do it without "falsly" bashing some other re-seller. Furthermore, in the event that someone tossed their sway-bar off a cliff....it's their own damn fault, no company in their right mind would let you return it for a full refund. Go somewhere else and advertise 'Street Beat"
Old 03-28-2001, 02:37 PM
KCTYPHOON

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NickStam
[B]What is actually wrong with your sway bar? the sway bar didnt come with all the correct hardware. and instead of cattman taking it upon themselves to remedy the problem all the were willing to do was give me the phone number to addco. as a compnay i feel they should have handled the prolem for me, not make me make all the phone calls,do all the footwork, and deal with the hassles myslef after i just spent a few hundred bucks on their stuff. its been almost a month.. addco just called me back for the first time today while i was at work. when i return their call all i get is a machine again, and again i left another message. this is what ive been putting up with for the last month. cattman should be dealing with this.. not me.. i paid cattman performance for my stuff, not addco. i should have to even call addco..

Old 03-28-2001, 02:47 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: I smell....

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

You want to warn newcomers.....hmm...seems to me that you are a "newcomer". This is one of your first posts. Now before you go a bash people, you should do some research, and you would find that Cattman actually has the some of the best customer service around, what other re-seller is COMPLETELY dedicated to the Maxima, and can you PERSONALLY e-mail the owner. I have PERSONALLY talked to Brian Catts, and I know for a fact that your little story would NEVER happen. He is dedicated to making you happy with your product any way he can. If you want to Advertise for Street Beat, do it without "falsly" bashing some other re-seller. Furthermore, in the event that someone tossed their sway-bar off a cliff....it's their own damn fault, no company in their right mind would let you return it for a full refund. Go somewhere else and advertise 'Street Beat" first off.. just cause its one of my firsts posts doesnt make me a newcomer.. just the first time ive spoken out. secondly.. i paid cattman for a product, not addco.. they should have taken it upon themsleves to solve the probelm.. not send me off to deal with someone else... thats like buyin a cup of cold coffee from a deli and the guy behind the counter telling you to take it up with folgers. and third.. it did happen.. why the hell else would i write this..

Old 03-28-2001, 02:49 PM

He does have a point though, it is Cattman's responsibility to get him the part if they are the one's who sold it to him. It is an Addco product, but since Brian is the authorized dealer, he should be the one dealing with it. He should be the one calling Addco and getting the part for this guy. That's the way it is. If I sell someone a dash kit or accessory and there are parts missing, I have to take care of it. I can't just tell them to call the company who makes the part, that's not customer service. Cattman made the money on the part, they need to take responsibility for it. I've personally had my own problems with Cattman, but that's another story.

However, that crap about "i dont care if i threw your product off a cliff and wanted a refund, you should do it just to keep me on as a customer after spending a nice chunk of money on several products from you", that's just nonsense. So you've spent a little money with them, doesn't make you special. There are people that have probably spent 5 times what you have with Cattman. People like you are what keep prices high, trying to claim warranties on stuff that's your fault is just plain low. You are entitled to get a working part you can install, but you're not entitled to anything more than that. Just because you've ordered from him before doesn't give you privelege.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
[B]
Originally posted by NickStam
What is actually wrong with your sway bar? the sway bar didnt come with all the correct hardware. and instead of cattman taking it upon themselves to remedy the problem all the were willing to do was give me the phone number to addco. as a compnay i feel they should have handled the prolem for me, not make me make all the phone calls,do all the footwork, and deal with the hassles myslef after i just spent a few hundred bucks on their stuff. its been almost a month.. addco just called me back for the first time today while i was at work. when i return their call all i get is a machine again, and again i left another message. this is what ive been putting up with for the last month. cattman should be dealing with this.. not me.. i paid cattman performance for my stuff, not addco. i should have to even call addco..
Old 03-28-2001, 02:50 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Now there's a

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
[B]
What is actually wrong with your sway bar? the sway bar didnt come with all the correct hardware. and instead of cattman taking it upon themselves to remedy the problem all the were willing to do was give me the phone number to addco. as a compnay i feel they should have handled the prolem for me, not make me make all the phone calls,do all the footwork, and deal with the hassles myslef after i just spent a few hundred bucks on their stuff. its been almost a month.. addco just called me back for the first time today while i was at work. when i return their call all i get is a machine again, and again i left another message. this is what ive been putting up with for the last month. cattman should be dealing with this.. not me.. i paid cattman performance for my stuff, not addco. i should have to even call addco..
welfare attitude if I've ever seen one...

DO EVERYTHING FOR ME AND DO IT NOW!

Pathetic....

BTW, if you continue to spew this crap across each and every forum you will regret it. Leave it in the "Dealership and Shop Experiences" forum ONLY.

Here's a smiley so you'll feel better....

Old 03-28-2001, 02:52 PM
ajaffee

Originally posted by Shadow
He does have a point though, it is Cattman's responsibility to get him the part if they are the one's who sold it to him. It is an Addco product, but since Brian is the authorized dealer, he should be the one dealing with it. He should be the one calling Addco and getting the part for this guy. That's the way it is. If I sell someone a dash kit or accessory and there are parts missing, I have to take care of it. I can't just tell them to call the company who makes the part, that's not customer service. Cattman made the money on the part, they need to take responsibility for it. I've personally had my own problems with Cattman, but that's another story.

Yeah. I guess you're right about that. If that is what Cattman told him, then they should have been more helpful in obtaining the necessary parts. I have a hard tim Believing it was Brian Catts that he spoke to though.

Old 03-28-2001, 02:57 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by ajaffee
"but when i called pertaining to missing hardware for my rear sway bar, all they did was give me the number for addco and told me to handle the problem on my own.. i still cant put my sway bar in because of the complications trying to reach anything other than an answering machine at addco.. thanks cattman"

Why is it Cattman's fault that you can't get in touch with anyone at Addco? By the way, it is an Addco product.

"i dont care if i threw your product off a cliff and wanted a refund, you should do it just to keep me on as a customer after spending a nice chunk of money on several products from you"

Now let's see, buy a product, destroy it by some other means than normal use, then demand a refund because I'm the customer and you should give it to me...

Interesting philosophy.

Just for the record, when I've had questions regarding Cattman's products, Brian Catts has spoken to me and helped answer any questions I had.
ive spoken ot brian too.. of course hes gonna help you with questions moron. hes in the business of selling stuff.. he aint gonna get on the phone and say dont call here for advice on "what you should Buy" if youve never tried to return any of his products then i dont see how you can defend the situation. cause your ignorant to the fact...

Old 03-28-2001, 02:59 PM
ajaffee

ive spoken ot brian too.. of course hes gonna help you with questions moron. hes in the business of selling stuff.. he aint gonna get on the phone and say dont call here for advice on "what you should Buy" if youve never tried to return any of his products then i dont see how you can defend the situation. cause your ignorant to the fact...
See previous post.

Sincerly,
Moron.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:02 PM

Yeah, but

I have. I ordered a Y-pipe and then sent it back to get a refund. You shouldn't assume.
your letting the facts get in the way of a good story....

Face it, the rest of us are just morons AND ignorant.....
Old 03-28-2001, 03:04 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

For some reason I just think you are not being 100% truthful. If you didn't reaceive all of the parts necessary to install the parts, then I would side for you. What acutal parts are missing. That sway bar doesn't come with that many parts to begin with?
Old 03-28-2001, 03:04 PM
KCTYPHOON

I have. I ordered a Y-pipe and then sent it back to get a refund. You shouldn't assume.
ok assume this.. you buy a fstb from cattman.. while expanding the bar by hand one of the metal brackets on the strut tower bend.. by hand!!! you dont think i deserve my money back??!!!!! im not in here saying his products suck..im here sayin the ONE that i got bent.. while i tightened it by hand!!!! he didnt even offer me a new one!!!!!

Old 03-28-2001, 03:05 PM
ajaffee

Re: Yeah, but

Originally posted by bill99gxe

your letting the facts get in the way of a good story....

Face it, the rest of us are just morons AND ignorant.....
Silly me

Old 03-28-2001, 03:07 PM
ajaffee

ok assume this.. you buy a fstb from cattman.. while expanding the bar by hand one of the metal brackets on the strut tower bend.. by hand!!! you dont think i deserve my money back??!!!!! im not in here saying his products suck..im here sayin the ONE that i got bent.. while i tightened it by hand!!!! he didnt even offer me a new one!!!!!

Hmmmm. I thought it was a sway bar missing the parts.

Didn't Brian post something a few days back about a guy who wanted to return a FSTB because the bracket bent. How do you bend a metal bracket by hand?

Old 03-28-2001, 03:11 PM

I thought we were talking about your sway bar here? BTW, I find it hard to believe that you bent a bracket by hand, are you superman? Those things are tough. It's starting to sound like you're just making up stories. I can believe you were missing parts, but I don't think you bent a bracket by hand. And if you went to him with the attitude you're bringing now, I don't blame him if he told you to f*ck off.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:12 PM

Now the story has

Hmmmm. I thought it was a sway bar missing the parts.

Didn't Brian post something a few days back about a guy who wanted to return a FSTB because the bracket bent. How do you bend a metal bracket by hand?
evolved to an FSTB from a sway bar.....

Now I'm confused, a moron, AND ignorant.

I'm not having a very good day.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:13 PM
KCTYPHOON

For some reason I just think you are not being 100% truthful. If you didn't reaceive all of the parts necessary to install the parts, then I would side for you. What acutal parts are missing. That sway bar doesn't come with that many parts to begin with?
ok.. listen to me.. the hardware kit comes with 4 sets of hardware,,, 2 sets of 2 like kinds... in those sets is a metal braket that physically hugs the bushing.. there are 2 different sizes of that peice.. 2 long ones, and 2 shorter ones. thats what theres suppose to be.. i have 3 short ones, and 3 longs... its not like they sent me all the wrong hardware.. its only one peice missing. but what difference does it make if its only one peice or 10 peices.. i still cant put the thing on without it! fact of the matter is.. cattman should have taken care of the problem.. i bought it from them..its their responibility. it shouldnt be mine

Old 03-28-2001, 03:15 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: I smell....

You want to warn newcomers.....hmm...seems to me that you are a "newcomer". This is one of your first posts. Now before you go a bash people, you should do some research, and you would find that Cattman actually has the some of the best customer service around, what other re-seller is COMPLETELY dedicated to the Maxima, and can you PERSONALLY e-mail the owner. I have PERSONALLY talked to Brian Catts, and I know for a fact that your little story would NEVER happen. He is dedicated to making you happy with your product any way he can. If you want to Advertise for Street Beat, do it without "falsly" bashing some other re-seller. Furthermore, in the event that someone tossed their sway-bar off a cliff....it's their own damn fault, no company in their right mind would let you return it for a full refund. Go somewhere else and advertise 'Street Beat"
get back to me when you put some tint on those windows

Old 03-28-2001, 03:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

What swaybar parts are you missing exactly?? I just installed mine and there is only two items that aren't pretty generic(the bar itself and the l-brackets) The rest is pretty generic and probably could be found fairly easy from Energy suspensions and the hardware store. If you are 4-gen, even the U-bolts are generic?? Life isn't always perfect. Sometimes it's just easier to buck up and get the parts yourself. Then you can email Cattman and work out a deal(ie..refund you X% or give you a nice discount on a future product)

I'm not supporting Cattman over any other supplier here but honestly your starting to sound like a green-horn newbie mechanic who has never touched a socket wrench in your entire life.
Old 03-28-2001, 03:21 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Re: Yeah, but

Silly me
all the cattman groupies in here can blow brian all u like... fact remains... he should have taken better care of a paying customer when he encountered complications. thats the piont...

Old 03-28-2001, 03:21 PM

I thought we were talking about a Addco REAR SWAY BAR...not a Front strut tower brace.....I smell some serious BS here. This thread should be deleated because it is in the wrong place number one, and becuase of it's seemingly false acusations.

Does anyone else think that this is just some Street Beat guy trying to advertise his company...or am I alone in that realization
Old 03-28-2001, 03:25 PM

Re: Re: I smell....

get back to me when you put some tint on those windows
oh so now you attack me personally, and about something as dumb as tint. Hey at least I have a picture of my car...do you even have a Maxima...or are you some Civic driving jerk who works for Street Beat. Just because everyone caught your bluff about the RSB...or FSTB or whatever doesn't mean you have to start "TRYING" to make fun of ME. BTW, I'll take you anytime anywhere with my max.....without tint.
Old 03-28-2001, 03:26 PM
ajaffee

I thought we were talking about a Addco REAR SWAY BAR...not a Front strut tower brace.....I smell some serious BS here. This thread should be deleated because it is in the wrong place number one, and becuase of it's seemingly false acusations.

Does anyone else think that this is just some Street Beat guy trying to advertise his company...or am I alone in that realization
Interesting theory. But what do I know? I'm just a moronic, ignorant Cattman groupie.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:26 PM

hehe....

all the cattman groupies in here can blow brian all u like... fact remains... he should have taken better care of a paying customer when he encountered complications. thats the piont...
The maturity level keeps getting higher and higher with each post....

First Shing Lover, now Cattman Groupie!

I'm just a complete ***-kisser!

Old 03-28-2001, 03:29 PM
ajaffee

KCTYPHOON

I will say this, KCTYPHOON has gone from a Lurker to a Newbie all in a few minutes, that's pretty efficient.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:36 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Now there's a

welfare attitude if I've ever seen one...

DO EVERYTHING FOR ME AND DO IT NOW!

Pathetic....

BTW, if you continue to spew this crap across each and every forum you will regret it. Leave it in the "Dealership and Shop Experiences" forum ONLY.

Here's a smiley so you'll feel better.... bro.. its been a friggin month.. im not on here causin chaos cause im bored

Old 03-28-2001, 03:38 PM
ajaffee

Now in General forum

Go check out the General forum. He's spewing his BS there now. Same story.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:39 PM

Look guys, he learned how to quote....but somehow didn't learn how to type his message after the quote....oh and BTW now you don't have to look at my UGLY un-tinted windows.....if it makes you feel any better....
Old 03-28-2001, 03:48 PM
ajaffee

Actually, he's on all year formums now. Oh well, he's just an angry young man.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:49 PM

It was

Go check out the General forum. He's spewing his BS there now. Same story.
already deleted the first time....

He shouldn't have tested my patience....a simple keep it in the Dealer and Shop Experiences forum would have been a fine place to keep the complaints instead of spamming every forum in a sad attempt at attention.

Oh well...
Old 03-28-2001, 03:51 PM

Actually, he's on all year formums now. Oh well, he's just an angry young man.
he's beyond help......I'm gonna go get dinner
Old 03-28-2001, 03:52 PM
ajaffee

Re: It was

already deleted the first time....

He shouldn't have tested my patience....a simple keep it in the Dealer and Shop Experiences forum would have been a fine place to keep the complaints instead of spamming every forum in a sad attempt at attention.

Oh well...
I see

Time to go home.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:57 PM
KCTYPHOON

ok .. heres the deal for all the forum goupies.. i ordered a rear sway bar... which is missing a a peice from the hardware kit... and a fstb.. that the bracket bent on while i was expanding it by hand... whats so hard to understand in here...??? piont still reamins.. cattman should have better customer care.. he should have gotten addco to ship me the missing peice, not given me their number to call them myslef.. AND... he should have in the least offered to exchange the fstb for me if he wanted to avoid a refund.. but instead he say's "send me a picture of it" .. lmao... sure ill send u picture... a life sized one.. the fstb will be at your door.. you can look at it as much as you like... i really dont care that all the groupies are bashin on me cause ya wanna stick together.. thats cool.. i can respect that.. but the fact that almost 130 people read this one alone in like 2hrs since i posted it is gratification enough.. if i persuaded only one person from buyin something from him im happy. cause as of rite now i have a rsb i cant install, and i spent $88 on a fstb ($18 for shipping which is a mad rip off cause is only gonna cost me like $4 to send it back)that i cant use cause the peice bent.. its not like i didnt want the damn thing!! i bought it for christ sake!! he didnt even offer me an exchange..you people can say all you like about how i dont know what im talkin about.. but what he did was bad business.. even some of you guys admitted that.. thats the hole purpose of this

Old 03-28-2001, 04:01 PM

thats the hole purpose of this
which is why it should have gone in the "DEALER AND SHOP EXPERIENCES" forum to begin with.

Now, you've lost all credibility with everyone here so whatever you say at this point will not be taken at face value.

Your mistake.

Again, sorry.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:07 PM

WAIT...bill....before you delete this.

*I have no reason to defend this guy*(thats my little claim there )

BUT, I DO se his point. He clear has had 2 different problems....one with a FSTB and one with the rsb. Cattman SHOULD stand behind the products since he's selling them.

My quickie story. I bought a Jet Hot y pipe last year at christmas. It was installed right after the first of the year. By the time I meet up with coolmax down in Cleveland it was flaking off. Now that was during the month of Feb, so less than 2 months and it started to peel. When I contacted cattman(btw, he was always nice and polite/as well as promt) I was told that I had to contact Jet hot(a sperate company) and ship my pipe to them. I other words, I could'nt swap pipes with cattman while he dealt with the warranty work. I paid the 325 bucks to cattman, NOT jet hot. He should do the warranty BS, not me.

Another example: I work(while full time in college) at a florist. We sell flowers. Sometimes they can die quickly. It happens. We buy from wholesalers. When/if a customer comes in and says that X X and X died the next day....should I send her to the rose growers? the wholesale place?, or do I refund/exchange the goods and deal with it. The answer is 3, I deal with it.

Say you buy a computer at compusa and its broken when you get home. If you brought it back and the kid told you "Oh..gee...here is IBM'S number....you'll have to call em up and get an exchange through them....we just sell em." You guys would probably take a dump right in your pants

Just some thoughts....sorry its so long.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:37 PM
KCTYPHOON

FINALLY.. someone sees my point.. all you people think im bashing at this guy on a personal level.. im not.. im sayin hes not conducting his business in the best intrest of his customers.. and finally someone had the ***** to step foward and say that they'll also had a problem.. whoever you are.. thank you.. in the meantime.. if all you other guys love brian so much why dont you contact him and let him know that theres some loudmouth on here from new york on here tellin eveyone how he doesnt do the rite thing for his customers, and that his thread has only been up for about 3 hrs and has had well over 200 views in that time between all the different forums i posted it on and he might stand to loose some future customers if i keep this up... and believe me i will.mabye that will change his mind.. im tired of these business takin my money and then forgetin who gave it to them.. thanks guys.. keep on reading..thats what i want.. and dont buy from cattman.

Old 03-28-2001, 05:21 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

If you don't cattman, wait until you deal with STILLEN. LOL
Old 03-28-2001, 06:15 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
If you don't cattman, wait until you deal with STILLEN. LOL
ya think stillen could be worse?? i dont know about that.. but at least stillen is a major company that has some kind of direction and not just a guy in a little room handing a phone back and forth to people.. by the way.. nice pic.. and thanks from reading my post.. take my advice DONT BUY FROM CATTMAN

Quick Reply: cattman performance has poor customer care