Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

I really, really, really, fu#*ing really hate Nissan customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:15 PM

I really, really, really, fu#*ing really hate Nissan customer service

My left side speakers went out on my Max at 36,700 miles. I called Nissan and they told me to take it to the dealer. I did just that and they told me they would call me back within three days with an answer whether it would be covered or not. Two weeks later I had to call the dealer, because I have not heard from them, just to hear that they will not cover the cost of a new head unit.
I again called Nissan and I was told that they would again review the file with a regional director. Well today I spoke with the director and was told that I was out of warranty, and that is all there is to it. I told him this is a known issue and I have heard from several people on the org that they have had the same problem. His reply was that the internet was very unreliable and people could post that same problem under different names. I was furious. I told him that I bought Nissan's "flagship" with every available option except navi. I informed him that I did not buy a Sentra, but a Maxima with a supposedly "premium" sound system and that is what I expected, not a stereo that will fail within two years. I also told him that I am only 27 years old and that was my first brand new car and I had many new cars to come. If Nissan did not cover this I will never buy another Nissan again.
I explained to him that I understand there has to be a limit on what they will cover under good faith, but I expect this to be one that is. I was only 700 miles out of warranty and this is a known issue. Like I said I am not a 75 year old man who bought a base Sentra, I am a young professional with (hopefully) many new car purchases to come. I should be treated as if I will be a good repeat customer. If Nissan wants my business they will take care of me.
Sorry this is long, I just wanted to vent and hope somebody would agree with me.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:45 PM

I agree with you 100%. I am in the same shoes you're in except I bougth my '02 used and purchased the 100k warranty and I my bose is still broken. I don't think that Nissan realizes that music in the car is a huge issue. If so many people are having troubles with the head unit......do something about it. At least show us you care we just spent $xx,000 on one of your cars. The way we are being treated shows Nissan's attitude..."Oh your car is broken...sucks to be you"
Old 10-05-2004, 05:55 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I went thru the same BS with Nissan replacing my in dash 6-disc. I'm currently on my 5th one and so far so good. I finally talked to one of the service writers at the dealership I used to work for and did an exchange under "good will"

Nissans customer service does suck donkey *****.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:25 AM
Banned

yea but the easiest way to fix the problem is to not buy the bose piece of crap in the first place and then take the money you saved and invest it into a real system and head unit. like mine.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matt's00MAX
yea but the easiest way to fix the problem is to not buy the bose piece of crap in the first place and then take the money you saved and invest it into a real system and head unit. like mine.
I bought the GLE, I had no choice. There was no other stereo options other than the pos "premium" Bose. I now hate Bose. I did just find out today that they reviewd the case again and will not cover it. I will call them everyday untill this is fixed.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Buy an aftermarket head unit. Speakers are good and my car is 10 years old... I think the problem is just the head unit.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:34 PM

I hear ya boys, that's why my daily driver is a Honda now. Nissan makes great cars they just don't have good service....... I love my SER but I do all the work myself or have a trusted Mechanic do what I can't or don't have the facilities to do it at....
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Do I get a tax break?

The Bose systems have been problematic at least since the 4th Gen's first year (95) - and not only in maximas, but across the entire nissan line that offers them. It really does blow that we can't get the other options without the bose audio. Acoustic qualities aside, its the frequent failures/poor reliability that bothers me the most.

Like others have said - the best route is to get a nice aftermarket double-din unit, with any necessary adapters to drive the speakers.

Stay on Nissan's case... see if you can find another dealer who is willing to work with you on resolving this issue.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:21 AM

Nissan has the worst customer service apart form Ford that I have ever come across. I just wrote a letter to Nissan consumer Affairs about an extremely unpleasant experience I had at one of there dealers, I would recommend everyone do the same. I still like my car, but the terrible lack of Nissan service is pushing me in the direction of dislike for there products.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Qmax03

nissan service is just a BS, i found a dealer its called nissan of queens there pretty good about work on your car the past dealers ive delt with were jsut terrible

Old 10-15-2004, 04:30 PM

Funny, My Honda Civic 2001 EX Coupe @ 45K miles was able to get front sturts springs and labor covered around 600$ worth of work from my honda dealer , all i paid was for wheel alignment, given it took 2 weeks to call and harras the honda rep that was working and the honda dealer claiming something like this " his struts were looking bad prior to him hitting 36K" but never the less , my issue was resolved, and i will consider buying another honda as a commuter car.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM

Funk all dat. If my Bose dies on me, I'm heading to the nearest car audio store and swapping out the entire system. Not gonna deal with the many form of scum that work at Nissan.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:38 AM

I refuse to buy another nissan after i have delt with the cust service they have. this is my 5th, and last maxima. nothing could sway my mind. why should i buy a 30k car if they will not fix anything? i love my care, but hate nissan.