Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Stay away from KAUFFFMAN TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 06:39 PM

Stay away from KAUFFFMAN TIRES

Ok so i got my car lowered at kauffman here in duluth Ga. They put on Monroe Sensatrac Shocks and struts and Eibach springs. I kid you not with in 2 days the shocks in the front are completly blown, and the car is bouncing up and down like a basketball over bumps. So im like wtf and bring it back to them and they tell me its fine not to worry about it. I was like ok maybe im just missing something since its my first lowered car. So i bring it to another kauffman and say i think there is something wrong w/ my suspension in the front, so they go take a look at it and say "yea these shocks are blown" so i then proceed to tell them that they were bought at the Kauffman tire in duluth 2 weeks prior to this, they call the other kauffman that i got this done at and suddenly they come back to me with "these shocks are fine, dont worry about it". So im getting really pissed off at this point, i spent almost 900$ and my car bounces around everywhere bottoming out alot.About a month later after getting the run around from the guy at the store, I finally get on the phone with the corporate office and they send down their south east service manager. So im like cool someone who knows whats going on. So he says that hes gonna take a ride in the car to make sure, before he even gets in the car, he pushes down on the front fenders and it starts bouncing. Immediately he says its broken and pulls it into the garage to get fixed. I point out to him that they installed the spring upside down(i asked the installer about this at the time and he said it was fine) and he says it doesnt matter its only cosmetic. So he orders me a new set of front struts and says these are defects. I can live with that. I call up Eibach to ask them about it and they said it being installed upside down has effectively rendered the spring useless as its a progressive rate spring, so im really starting to get mad and scared that they have absolutely no idea whats going on. The new shocks for the front come in and they put them on and the service rep, Andrew says if there are any more problems to call him. Less than 4 days after the new struts are put on in the front they are blown AGAIN, time number 2. So i call up the Andrew and he tells me that there is a bulletin out not to install Monroe Sensatrac Shocks and Struts on 89-94 Nissan Maximas that are lowered. He explains to me that they will credit me back for the front struts and install any type i want for free, so im happy with this and have them order me some Tokico Hp series struts for the front of the car. They put them on and it fixes the problem. Every time I have brought it there they have realigned it for me because the shocks were blown and it would bounce around. About 2 weeks pass and the backs blow out, i call andrew and the same ordeal happens but this time it goes straight to Tokico shocks in the rear, not Monroes. It fixes the problem and im Fine and happy about the suspension. Mind you I have been paying for the upgraded shocks, so im now from a 900$ suspension job to a little over 1300$ dollars. In the 3 months it took them to fix the car CORRECTLY the inside of my front tires wore out due to a misalignment. So i call up Andrew the service rep again and he says he will work with the guy to get me a good deal on a new set of tires. The best they could do he said was knock 20$ off per tire, I figure its not worth it to put new tires on the wheels that were on it because i was getting new wheels and tires. I put the new wheels and tires on it with BRAND NEW front and rear tires, and today December 10 2004 I noticed while washing my car that the inside of my new tires are completly bald and have worn down to the belts in a few places. I Have no idea what to do, my car has been realigned almost 6 times and they can not get it right still. If anyone has any ideas or help please post something
Old 12-10-2004, 11:28 PM

1300 for a full suspension (springs, shocks, labor) install??!!!!!!
For that price you should've got coilovers and a hooker!