Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Any GOOD dealership stories?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Any GOOD dealership stories?

Just wanted to chime in that my Max was at 7500 mile checkup (fluids, oil, tire rotation...) and the dealership (Peruzzi) was shockingly, efficient.

They inspected the tires (per my request of the RSA issue) and found no problems (air pressures were inconsistent so they they corrected this).
No vibrations or shimmy when driving.

They flushed out my washer fluid (that froze below 30 degrees) and put in winter-blend. No charge.

And put my Mobil-One provided oil in after drain and new filter.

If only they would have washed the car on return (spoiled by Audi/VW/Porsche dealership prior to Nissan purchase).
Old 02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

After watching how they washed the cars at the dealership today I requested that they not wash my car. They clean the wheel wells with the same brush they use to clean the rest of the car...BTW they don't dunk in for more soapy water in between. Never again...I don't want swirls on my car...BTW this post is off topic...it's gonna get moved...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Old 02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm surprised this hasn't been closed and moved yet....
Old 02-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by msoemax
After watching how they washed the cars at the dealership today I requested that they not wash my car. They clean the wheel wells with the same brush they use to clean the rest of the car...BTW they don't dunk in for more soapy water in between. Never again...I don't want swirls on my car...BTW this post is off topic...it's gonna get moved...

yeah as a porter........that is exactly what happens....if you want a free car wash, that is exactly what you get. I can honestly say that all car delearships ,if not most,have this same method.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by maximage
Just wanted to chime in that my Max was at 7500 mile checkup (fluids, oil, tire rotation...) and the dealership (Peruzzi) was shockingly, efficient.

They inspected the tires (per my request of the RSA issue) and found no problems (air pressures were inconsistent so they they corrected this).
No vibrations or shimmy when driving.

They flushed out my washer fluid (that froze below 30 degrees) and put in winter-blend. No charge.

And put my Mobil-One provided oil in after drain and new filter.

If only they would have washed the car on return (spoiled by Audi/VW/Porsche dealership prior to Nissan purchase).
Nope...sorry I do not have any....got some good personal Nissan dealer horror stories though. Wait until you have a problem that really needs a fix. Than, tell me your feelings. Granted, most dealers are like this. Former BMW and Mercedes dealer....they are no better.

Point is, once you buy the car, they are done with the pomp and circumstance.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM

I have had nothing but EXCELLENT service and kind understanding service people at my dealership (Byerly Nissan in Louisville KY). After dealing with Ford and CHrysler for the past number of years, Nissan is great!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

oil

my first experience was with my 3,000 mile oil change...
i got home and the next morning noticed oil on my garage floor... turns out .. after i looked all under the car... i popped the hood.. and the freaks never put my filler cap back on !! thank God it was sitting there on the fender well.... i was JACKED ! ! ! ! ! !
Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Moderator GT-R

I have no complaints about my dealer's service department. The '04 hasn't needed much but they were great with my 2k1 AE.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:40 AM
wsu

rotating and balancing

Yesterday I took my 05 SL in for an oil change (2nd one) and a rotate and balance (1st one) - have just over 6200 miles on it. After the rotate and balance the car rode much more smoothly than before. I hadn't noticed tire/wheel vibration that much before, but now that it is gone I'm sure glad I had the rotating and balancing done. My point is that just off of the lot, the tires were not optimally balanced, and without something ready to compare it to, it would be easy to miss.