Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Avoid Oceanside, CA Mossy Nissan!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 12:39 PM

My wife and I went to the Oceanside Mossy to look at the Maximas. The salesman was so unprofessional. He said he has been in the business for 15 years but you wouldn't know it from his tactics. He kept trying to "guilt" me into buying a car from him. He kept complaining about not having enough money and how he is always the victim. Then the General Manager totally insulted my wife. Of course he did it when I wasn't there. He told her she had no idea what she was talking about and what business did she have buying a $27K car? If I would have been there when he said that I probably would have punched him. I was out in the parking lot calling another dealer from my phone. My wife came out to tell me what happened. I just walked in and told him I was going to the dealer 20 minutes away to buy a brand new car for my wife.
We went to the Mossy Nissan of Escondido. After an hour I was driving away with a new 2001 Nissan Maxima for my wife. It told the General Manager of Escondido what happened in Oceanside. Two days later I get a letter of apology from the Manager and the crappy salesman called me to apologize. So either way avoid Avoid Oceanside, CA Mossy Nissan!!

Oceanside, CA Mossy Nissan = BAD
Escondido, CA Mossy Nissan = GOOD
Old 05-03-2001, 02:19 PM

Good for you

Hehehe, made them O-side salesmen look like punks. Does your wife plan on adding any mods?
Old 05-03-2001, 02:31 PM

Re: Good for you

Originally posted by vw1xvWL6
Hehehe, made them O-side salesmen look like punks. Does your wife plan on adding any mods?
My wife has given me full permission to do what I feel would make a better Maxima. So of course there will be mods! I am a bit worried that certain mods will void the warranty. I will have to look into it.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor

haha I went to Mossy in Encinitas... its service only, and they did a good job... even though it took them a really long time.
I had to get the car smogged, get an oil/filter change, brake wear check... blah blah...
at first they told me 3pm when we turned the car in at 8... but then they screwed up and made it 5... I wish i had my own garage and i coulda done all that in an hour!!! cept the damn smog check
oh yea... Discount Tires Encinitas well... hmmm they screwed up big time but they apologized about it... I ordered Yokohamas from them, they told me they would have them by the end of the day and i told em to reserve it for me then two days later i came in and they had the wrong damn tires... even after i called them in the morning to double check... they ended up giving me a discount on some ok BF Goodrich tires...
Old 07-20-2001, 01:31 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I went through the same problem at Mossy in Oceanside. Thats why I bought mine at Pacific Nissan since I like to negotiate on price and Mossy doesnt like to discount further on their prices. I know a few service techs at Mossy in Oceanside that take care of my car even though my car has been heavily modded.
Old 07-20-2001, 01:42 PM

Techs are good

Originally posted by maximadave
I went through the same problem at Mossy in Oceanside. Thats why I bought mine at Pacific Nissan since I like to negotiate on price and Mossy doesnt like to discount further on their prices. I know a few service techs at Mossy in Oceanside that take care of my car even though my car has been heavily modded.
I will admit that the tech guys are good there. But the sales people are so unprofessional. I brought in our car to them and they were suggesting a bunch of mods they could install.
Old 07-20-2001, 08:22 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I went there yesterday and they started carrying Jim Wolf Technology intakes, slotted rotors, etc. They are asking a whole lota money for it. I doubt they will sell much of it. Stillen is even cheaper if you can believe that.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:50 PM

I'm the General Manager Of Mossy Nissan Oceanside, and I have never made a comment to any of our clients(male or female)like the comment you stated that I made. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. I know the importance of positive referral business. I invite you and your wife to contact me and discuss any statements that may of offended either of you.

Gary Webb
General Manager
Mossy Nissan Oceanside
GaryW@mossy.com
760-720-9797

Originally posted by punkrawk2001
My wife and I went to the Oceanside Mossy to look at the Maximas. The salesman was so unprofessional. He said he has been in the business for 15 years but you wouldn't know it from his tactics. He kept trying to "guilt" me into buying a car from him. He kept complaining about not having enough money and how he is always the victim. Then the General Manager totally insulted my wife. Of course he did it when I wasn't there. He told her she had no idea what she was talking about and what business did she have buying a $27K car? If I would have been there when he said that I probably would have punched him. I was out in the parking lot calling another dealer from my phone. My wife came out to tell me what happened. I just walked in and told him I was going to the dealer 20 minutes away to buy a brand new car for my wife.
We went to the Mossy Nissan of Escondido. After an hour I was driving away with a new 2001 Nissan Maxima for my wife. It told the General Manager of Escondido what happened in Oceanside. Two days later I get a letter of apology from the Manager and the crappy salesman called me to apologize. So either way avoid Avoid Oceanside, CA Mossy Nissan!!

Oceanside, CA Mossy Nissan = BAD
Escondido, CA Mossy Nissan = GOOD
Old 10-13-2001, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by GregV
I'm the General Manager Of Mossy Nissan Oceanside, and I have never made a comment to any of our clients(male or female)like the comment you stated that I made. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. I know the importance of positive referral business. I invite you and your wife to contact me and discuss any statements that may of offended either of you.

Gary Webb
General Manager
Mossy Nissan Oceanside
GaryW@mossy.com
760-720-9797

Gary-
Why would I lie about such a horrendous experience? And yes, you did make the comment about my wife purchasing a 27K car. You and her were debating over the APR rates and you told her she did not know what she was talking about. That is when I stepped outside to speak to the Escondido Nissan to ask them what they had to offer. As I went in to join in on the coversation I could see that my wife was upset and that she needed to go to my car for a minute to get something. That is when you said the same comment to ME! You asked me why did my wife need a 27K car for just driving to work and back?
You were insistant that we could not get a good interest rate and that you would sarcastically write the contract up at her proposed rate but you were certain that a week later the bank wouldn't approve it and that we had two options. One, return the car or two, sign the loan at the higher interest rate.
Not only did ESCONDIDO approve us at a lower rate than you quoted, the ESCONDIDO salesman did some research on our bank and had the bank explained they would give us an even lower rate. ESCONDID tool an active role in making us happy and trying to please us rather than themselves.
So, from the whole experience I learned that OCEANSIDE is more concerned with making money rather than pleasing their customers. I could go on and on on the other things I really disapproved on from your employees but I would rather move on and warn others about you. And I know I am not the only one who feels this away about your employees.
Your service department on the oter hand have been quite helpful.
-David Raymond
Old 10-13-2001, 07:09 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Old 10-14-2001, 05:31 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Go to the service department, those guys are cool, but the Salesmen at Oceanside Mossy suck big time. I went there, and after telling the salesman 5 times that I wanted a used Maxima, a 4 door 6 cylinder family car, he still tried to talk me into buying a 4 cylinder ugly as sin Frontier. I went down to the Kearny Mesa Dealership and bought my Max from them the same day...