Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

www.autolumination.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:16 PM

www.autolumination.com

www.autolumination.com

also known as www.discountleds.com

i would recommend not to purchase from this company for the fact that they are slow with their exchanges and have bad communication. I ordered 3156 bulbs and the guy sent me 3157. So i sent them back to get the exchange and i havent heard from him since. I also ordered 6 hyper white festoom bulbs and he only sent 4 hyper whites and 2 regular whites. On top of it all 2 of the festoom bulbs are defective.

Once again do not purchase from this company, stick with the superbrightled people.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Thanks for the info.

Post feedback threads in this area for everyone to see.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Banned

Word...I used

www.superlumination.com

(there seems to be a trillion different sites out there) and recieved what i ordered, no problems, fast email response.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:42 AM

im with blackmaxx.. i bought em, cept off ebay.. no problems here..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've been looking through all of these threads and cannot understand the infatuation with LEDs. I was at first intrigued and read all threads on replacing stock lights due to the smoke / fog / haze issues due the overheating and low quality bulb coatings. I was sold on the concept that this was a better solution, so emailed Autolumination on what my best option was for a 2003 Escalade. My reply was “We have had good results with the 3157 20 led Tower II, 30 led SMT, 7 watt and 5 watt Cree bulbs” so I ordered the Tower II LEDs both the white and amber. They were very cheaply made and two were not even glued well enough to survive insertion. One of the other two had a line of LEDs that did not work, so I basically only got 1 working bulb of the 4. I replied back to Autolumination where the quickly replied with a several page email (apparently they get this a lot) stating that it was clearly my fault and suggested that I should be an electrical engineer to diagnose and fix them myself…no offer to return their faulty equiptment…out $80. They also said that I should have bought the additional components to deal with the electrical spikes so I would have been out even more cash. I then decided to do what others have done and order the 4114LLs and Sylvania 3157A/4157A ST BP SilverStar 27-Watt High Performance Signal Lights which are super sweet…look awesome. I also replaced the blinker lights while I was at it. In total, I think it cost me less than $30 to replace all bulbs and it looks awesome. No burnouts and no more smoke. By the way, I also read all the posts on the smoke / haze / fog headlight issues and cleaned them first with some purified water and a dash of soap rinsed with purified water and then tried again with half and half purified water and alcohol which seemed to do a slightly better job. Hope this helps anyone considering cleaning their lenses, changing their bulbs or considering LEDs. I’d suggest going the simple route; much cheaper and better results. BTW anyone looking for the stock bulb specs:

2003 CADILLAC Escalade

Low beam headlamp
HID-D1R

High beam headlamp
9005SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
9005ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
9005EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
9005XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
9005CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

Parking light
3157A
3157NALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front turn signal
3157A
3157NALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear turn signal
3157ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
3157LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Tail light
3157ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
3157LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Stop light

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light
880ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.

License plate
194ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
194LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Back up light

Front sidemarker
194ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
194LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Glove box

Map light
211-2
211-2LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
578LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Dome light
211-2
211-2LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
578LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Step/Courtesy light
168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Trunk/Cargo area

Daytime running light
4114LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM

damn spammer.

Back on topic. i have not heard any great reviews recently about autolumination. Luckily they were always out of my budget, or I felt they cost too much. Of the LED bulbs I have gotten from e-bay(probably the same as the ones autolumination sells for more), most went bad after a few years. I heard it is better to go with vleds if you are going for higher end bulbs.