Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

CustomMaxima.com License Plate is Crap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:52 AM

CustomMaxima.com License Plate is Crap!

I got some nissan licenses plates in a group deal from custom maxima a long while ago that were suppose to be stainless steel, and after 1 month they started to rust real bad. Now there completely rusted. CustomMaxima you guys sucks in my book for scamming.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Do I get a tax break?

Did you try to resolve this with them before chewing them out here them on the org...
Old 06-18-2005, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by njmodi
Did you try to resolve this with them before chewing them out here them on the org...
probably not
Old 06-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Sold

there is a place for this kinda hate. custommaxima has (in my book) very good customer service. If you had tried to resolve this matter and nothing happened, then I would maybe understand. Nothing was mentioned about that and if I was a customer service rep at custommaxima, I would be a lot more hesitant to help you now. Try "not burning your bridges".
Old 06-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I bought one else where that was supposed to be SS also and it rusted, although it was just on the surface and wiped off with soap. I sprayed it with one coat of clear and it has been fine ever since. I know you shouldn't have to do that for a product you thought wouldn't rust, but just offering a solution.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:44 PM

wrong forum.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:49 PM

I would have tried to resolve the issue with them first, but it still sucks.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I would have tried to resolve the issue with them first, but it still sucks.
Customaxima sucks and is overpriced
Old 06-18-2005, 11:54 PM

I dealt with them twice, this was a little while back. Once for my diamond cut clear corner lenses, and the other time for my Progress rear antisway bar ($110 dollars shipped at the time ). Both transactions were very smooth. I have heard people have had issues, not my experience with them though.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:30 AM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

thats what you get for dealing with custommaxima...in the furture, stay away from them.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I dealt with them twice, this was a little while back. Once for my diamond cut clear corner lenses, and the other time for my Progress rear antisway bar ($110 dollars shipped at the time ). Both transactions were very smooth. I have heard people have had issues, not my experience with them though.

hows the handling with your rear antisway bar??
Old 06-19-2005, 08:43 PM

Handling is good. The ride is a little more compliant without it. I took it off and put it back on a couple of times. This time I made the bar have less of an effect, thus giving me a little more compliance over uneven surfaces.

The other times the bushings on the trailing arms were about an 1" in on the bar towards the back of the car, this time I put them right on the end toward the front of the car.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:53 PM

I forgot to say when I originally bought this plate I called up and placed the group deal order through them. They said it went through and I would have it in 3 days. It never came so I called them up and they said their system went down and I had to place the order again. The next day I got the original order that they said they never sent. Then randomly I got another order for the exact same thing and they charged my debit card twice. I didn't have the fund to cover it at the time and it overdrew my account and I got charged 25.00. I called them up and complained that they had done this. They said its not their fault and they wouldn't cover the 25.00 overdraw fee because they said I called up twice and ordered the same exact thing. I did not, that would just be stupid and pointless. They also made made me pay the shipping charges to ship the second order back to them to get a refund. And then I found out a month later that these license plates were just regular old metal, not stainless steel as they advertised. The worst thing was that the guy was very very rude to me and I tryed to be as nice as I possible could considering the cercumstances. I would never order from them again and I would never suggest anyone else does but thats my opinion. For the first response to my post, don't try to blame me. If they hadn't sold a product that was not what they actually said it was, then all would be fine and I would have never had a reason to post anything. I t
Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 PM

I forgot to say when I originally bought this plate I called up and placed the group deal order through them. They said it went through and I would have it in 3 days. It never came so I called them up and they said their system went down and I had to place the order again. The next day I got the original order that they said they never sent. Then randomly I got another order for the exact same thing and they charged my debit card twice. I didn't have the fund to cover it at the time and it overdrew my account and I got charged 25.00. I called them up and complained that they had done this. They said its not their fault and they wouldn't cover the 25.00 overdraw fee because they said I called up twice and ordered the same exact thing. I did not, that would just be stupid and pointless. They also made made me pay the shipping charges to ship the second order back to them to get a refund. And then I found out a month later that these license plates were just regular old metal, not stainless steel as they advertised. The worst thing was that the guy was very very rude to me and I tryed to be as nice as I possible could considering the cercumstances. I would never order from them again and I would never suggest anyone else does but thats my opinion. For the first response to my post, don't try to blame me. If they hadn't sold a product that was not what they actually said it was, then all would be fine and I would have never had a reason to post anything. I to be nice and ask them for a reimbursement and it got me know place so theres no reason to do it again.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:30 PM

most people don't know this..... but stainless steel will rust if it has ever come into contact with other metals such as steel etc... or if the composition of the stainless isn't correct ( it does vary ) it will rust just from being in a wet or humid environment. keep it polished etc.... to help protect it.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Custommaxima.com

thanks for the support!

Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

I bought my tail light from them, first time i got them, they where broken, i called and they ship me another set, I think customer service is decent.