Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

custom enterprise- why bother?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:50 AM

custom enterprise- why bother?

I ordered a set of red/clear tails for my '96 in October.
They're not in yet.
O.K. not CE's fault.
Don't tell me "next week, next week" every week!
My max got hit in Oct. and I was putting off getting it fixed because I was waiting on these tails. I sent CE an e-mail over 4 weeks ago and never got a response!
I really feel like a valued customer.
Maybe they'll send me one of those '05 calendars free with my order. (not that I plan on getting my tails by the end of '05)
Thanks guys
Old 12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It is really annoying when they tell you "next week, next week..."

They did the same thing to me with my clear side markers...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:07 PM
teddibear703

+1....

they like to sell products they dont stock....
Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Got Penguin?

Same here... Someone should take them off the Links page... they suck!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:28 AM
100 posts/7 years - woot!

I have dealt with CE in the past, and always gotten stuff right away. Right now, I'm in the same situation, having put an order in for red/clears and diamond corners.

I have called and PM'd, and to Roger's credit, he replies quickly. Unfortunately, it's the same message, few days/next week. I don't understand how a company can be so uninformed about their supply chain and delivery. I am on the verge of cancelling my order and going with another vendor. Unfortunate, but like jDouble said, it's not good business to sell what you don't stock. Especially when their website brags that they have hundreds in stock. Change that page to reflect current market conditions and problems.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:43 PM

So CE can't reply to this either?
No problem, I'll bump this ****ing thread every day
CE SUCKS!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Custommaxima.com

well first that I've seen of this....can you explain why you guys are so quick to bash, and take so long to praise....I never get that -Roger

Old 12-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Custommaxima.com

Originally Posted by Phaedrus220
I have dealt with CE in the past, and always gotten stuff right away. Right now, I'm in the same situation, having put an order in for red/clears and diamond corners.

I have called and PM'd, and to Roger's credit, he replies quickly. Unfortunately, it's the same message, few days/next week. I don't understand how a company can be so uninformed about their supply chain and delivery. I am on the verge of cancelling my order and going with another vendor. Unfortunate, but like jDouble said, it's not good business to sell what you don't stock. Especially when their website brags that they have hundreds in stock. Change that page to reflect current market conditions and problems.
thanks for the support, I can only tell you guys what Im told from my managers......so I know I NEVER lie.......i might be told the lie, but I persoanlly am all about customer satisfaction......now post on here to bash us, just put a VERY bad taste in my mouth.....there have been many others besides you mas that have waited for parts........we DO run out of stock sometimes you know.....and these things do come from CHINA....so there is a little bit of a wait.......and if there is we will compensate you for that....we always do.....but coming to the org to bash thats just not cool and imature .....if this may come off harsh....well I'm sorry you feel this way...but by all means bump this so everyone can read this.....now to those who have patiently waited....yes I and/or other salesmen can make up for your wait...just call and let us know -Roger

Old 12-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Old Maxima Legend

we all love a smooth transaction, but the reality is that sometimes things take time. i know how excited we all get to get a new mod and sometimes there are other circumstances that put even more stress on things, if something should not work out.

in time i know things will work out for you, I have ordered somethings from CM and was very happy with the service. But again, its just business, heck I have been to Mcdonalds when the ice machine was broke and thought hey what is going on , this stinks, lol !

this will work out will just take some time, man I recently moved to New Zealand from the states and boy have I had a rude awakening. Im certainly learning the art of patience to a higher degree than ever before.

There are no maxima aftermarket parts ? Not even simple things like an intake filter or fstb ? When I had my max shipped over most of my parts were stolen, so one item in particular i bought in the states to put on the car again was a FSTB. The NZ dollar is worth less than the US dollar which mean for example a 100 dollar item cost me 160 dollars. At any rate I bought a replacement FSTB, and then found out it would cost me 189 dollars to ship it here ? So I had to sale it , to ship one corbeau seat UPS cost 796 dollars US. So its been tough.

Gasoline is 6 dollars a gallon, and a simple nissan oil filter is 30 dollars NZ. And any and everything I can afford to buy and have sent over, takes ages.

I know most of this has nothing to do with your present problem, but from time to time we all have to go through transactions that sometimes dont work out exactly how we would like.

Sorry to hear what you are going through, and I know CM will take care of you. If you want a 06 CM calendar when they come out, hey, you PM me and I will send you one.

hope the lights look great when they arrive !!

c
Old 12-10-2005, 09:21 AM

If you read my original post you would understand I'm not bashing you for being out of stock on a product (even though your website says its in stock). I realize that's not your fault. I've ordered from you before and had to wait for a back ordered item and never complained about it.

What pissed me off was that I sent you an e-mail about a week or so after placing my original order explaining that I was in an accident, my back end was hit and I was getting water in the trunk when it rained. All I asked for was an honest answer as to when you would be getting the tails in because if it would have been soon I would have waited for the new tails before repairing the damages to my car.

If you would have responded and said "we have no idea"-THAT is an honest answer.Not the one I would have wanted, but I would have appreciated it. Instead I got NO ANSWER.

2 weeks later I sent you another e-mail asking WTF, why don't you respond to a customer's inquiries- again , NO ANSWER.

I think you can see where someone in my position might start to get the feeling that you really don't give a ****e- that leaves a bad f***ing taste in my mouth.

You may not appreciate being bashed here but at least I got the satisfaction of finally getting a reply from you guys. And in case you don't read the forum, I'm far from the only one that's bashed you guys for the same type of thing.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:28 AM

And thank you Ceasar's Chariot for taking your time to reply. I hope you will enjoy NZ.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Custommaxima.com

Originally Posted by maxx2
If you read my original post you would understand I'm not bashing you for being out of stock on a product (even though your website says its in stock). I realize that's not your fault. I've ordered from you before and had to wait for a back ordered item and never complained about it.

What pissed me off was that I sent you an e-mail about a week or so after placing my original order explaining that I was in an accident, my back end was hit and I was getting water in the trunk when it rained. All I asked for was an honest answer as to when you would be getting the tails in because if it would have been soon I would have waited for the new tails before repairing the damages to my car.

If you would have responded and said "we have no idea"-THAT is an honest answer.Not the one I would have wanted, but I would have appreciated it. Instead I got NO ANSWER.

2 weeks later I sent you another e-mail asking WTF, why don't you respond to a customer's inquiries- again , NO ANSWER.

I think you can see where someone in my position might start to get the feeling that you really don't give a ****e- that leaves a bad f***ing taste in my mouth.

You may not appreciate being bashed here but at least I got the satisfaction of finally getting a reply from you guys. And in case you don't read the forum, I'm far from the only one that's bashed you guys for the same type of thing.

Well in your defense, next time please just PM me, and I will help you out....as for the emails to sales...I will be seeing as to why they werent followed up ~Roger

Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM

I think you have to look at it as an issue on both sides. While CE can't always have products in stock and not actually know when they are coming due to shipping overseas and customs issues I think it would benefit both the seller and the buyer if specific stocking numbers were kept up to date on a page. If a product is out of stock make sure the page says so and don't allow anyone to purchase the item until its back in stock. Over the years I've ordered several products from CE and I will say my experience was a good one, however I have had some orders that were not in stock when I ordered them (even though the page didn't say this) and had to wait several weeks for the part. I deal with customs and can understand that sometimes they take forever, but leading customers to believe items are in stock and then tell them "next week" all the time is no way to run a business.

There are other things that I don't agree with that CE does on some products, but they have no connection to this issue. I will say that some of the posts were uncalled for, but as I said i've been in situations where I was very angry, pissed off even about certain orders. So I know how you all feel.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:29 PM

O.K. Roger, we'll call it a truce.
Just understand that I didn't run to bash you on the org because you were out of stock on a product. I understand you would much rather be billing my charge card than responding to my *****ing (and I would rather be installing my tails than sitting here doing the *****ing!)
I'll call the 1-800 # in a couple days and see if you have any info.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by Custommaxima.com
I can only tell you guys what Im told from my managers.....

Looks like the problem starts w/ your managers...why aren't they keeping you abreast of what's in stock and what's not before customers start ordering products that you dont physically have?

Your higher-ups are making you and your company look like garbage...see how many fires you have to put out on the org?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Custommaxima.com

O.K. Roger, we'll call it a truce.
Just understand that I didn't run to bash you on the org because you were out of stock on a product. I understand you would much rather be billing my charge card than responding to my *****ing (and I would rather be installing my tails than sitting here doing the *****ing!)
I'll call the 1-800 # in a couple days and see if you have any info.
great PLEASE call me so I can make sure this gets resolved!

Old 12-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Blown

I agree that some people are too quick to bash companies on here. But at the same time it should be brought up in the public so other people will know about it. Yes it may hurt your business but at the same time you could possibly be hurting the well being of others. I am not trying to start an arguement I am just saying why not defend yourself on here so other members know whats going on in case they are considering buying a product. This guy has obviously been lied to a lot even if it is not Roger's (CE) fault.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 PM

Well the tails came this week before I had a chance to call Roger.

I can see why guys have issues with the fitment. They don't fit as well as the oems but then again they're not oems. You expect this from aftermarket parts. If you're going to put them under a microscope, even your oems aren't perfect, believe me.

They do look good. I'll throw up some pics in a day or so. My biggest complaint appearance wise is the thin strip of rubber weatherstripping that surrounds the sections. It sticks out a little where it shouldn't in a few spots.
I'll have to trim it. I suggest anybody else should take the time and remove it and apply it properly before installation. I should have done this but realized after I had 3 sections in already and it was effin cold out today.

And I got my free 2005 calendar.

Roger- no hard feelings and I would be curious to know if you discovered anything as to why e-mails from customers went unanswered.

Anthony
Old 12-17-2005, 08:58 PM

What ticks me off is how CE comes in here complaining how everyone is "quick" to bash. Yet, there are so many people with the SAME PROBLEM...

I dont care if you were "handed down the lie", it is a huge customer service problem. When I am told a week or a few days, I am planning an install... when they dont show up, my day is shot once again. I need to rely on my vendors, not think they are lying all the time. SCO has always delivered on time if not early. I would rather hear a honest long range estimation than another bs delivery date.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Custommaxima.com

Well the tails came this week before I had a chance to call Roger.

I can see why guys have issues with the fitment. They don't fit as well as the oems but then again they're not oems. You expect this from aftermarket parts. If you're going to put them under a microscope, even your oems aren't perfect, believe me.

They do look good. I'll throw up some pics in a day or so. My biggest complaint appearance wise is the thin strip of rubber weatherstripping that surrounds the sections. It sticks out a little where it shouldn't in a few spots.
I'll have to trim it. I suggest anybody else should take the time and remove it and apply it properly before installation. I should have done this but realized after I had 3 sections in already and it was effin cold out today.

And I got my free 2005 calendar.

Roger- no hard feelings and I would be curious to know if you discovered anything as to why e-mails from customers went unanswered.

Anthony
Glad to hear that you got them, as for the emails, the person handling them was jsut overwelmed, so I will now be assisting him to help these issues br resolved faster!

Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 AM

I really wish this wasn't the case, but it's 12/26, no message on my order, this was the pm from over a week ago:

...they are scheduled for delivery on the 22 then i can send them out that day so you can have them the 23 ok!...call me if you need anymore info!

So, what choice but to cancel the order...it's been this way for over a month, in fact the same day I ordered the Cattman y-pipe on Brian's GD.

Again, folks there are very nice, and respond quickly to pm's, and to posts on this site, but....
Old 12-26-2005, 01:52 PM

I placed an order for the Illumina Suspension kit in August and got the same thing, "next week, next week." I kept calling every couple of weeks trying to figure out what was going on. I repeatedly recieved emails from them saying "they will ship out Monday." still nothing. eventually I just called (about the 8 or 9th time) and found out they didn't know how long it was going to be and that I should cancel my order.

I cancelled the order at the end of November, and then they didn't want to give me a prompt refund for my $700. I waited about a week and after being : some more by them, I filed a dispute with my credit card company, because CE was paid, and no product ever sent. This way, I could get the money back on my card and order from someone else.

It's a shame, too. I sent many customers their way, all I can do is hope that they didn't treat any of them the way they did me. But at least I'm not the only one this happened to. I was very satisfied with them in the past, especially since I live in the 1 day ground shipping zone. However, this experience has put a very sour taste in my mouth.

Management should not lie to the representatives that keep the customers "in the know," if you can even call it that.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:12 AM

whirlwind, I didn't even think to check my cc, assuming only a hold was put on, not a charge. I assumed that cards are only charged once the order ships, but I'll have to check.

charging a card prior to shipping, in your case, caused months of interest. Did they reimburse? I'd be furious.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:32 AM

whirlwind, I didn't even think to check my cc, assuming only a hold was put on, not a charge. I assumed that cards are only charged once the order ships, but I'll have to check.

charging a card prior to shipping, in your case, caused months of interest. Did they reimburse? I'd be furious.
when I placed the order for the suspension kit, they said that they needed to charge me for it before they could place the order. I had no option but to say okay...of course assuming that at the time, it would be shipped out the following week. This was a different case than normal, I suppose.

However, they were not going to reimburse me for the interest. I didn't ask them to, and they didn't offer. Citibank, when you file a dispute with them, asks you a bunch of questions about the charge and stuff, and on the next statement you see a "conditional refund pending investigation." I assume that they then call the merchant and find out if you're telling the truth, etc. a few days later I got a letter from citibank asking me to fax all written correspondence between CE and myself, with notes on each page along the way. This took care of things (including the interest for that charge since placement), and I was able to place the order elsewhere (and save a couple hundred bucks) within just a couple days of filing the dispute. It was a couple more weeks before the permanent refund (not from CE) was posted to the card.

Jose was extremely helpful during the entire process, I just wish that he didn't need to pass on false information, and that he had more power. Such as the power to post a refund for a product not shipped with no intention to, while the customer is out a lot of money. I'm passive about a lot of stuff, and I just didn't see a reason to get angry with them, although I was waiting for the suspension to take care of my seized rear caliper and warped rotors, etc. There was a lot of stuff that I needed done, and I just had wished that CE would have been more direct with me along the way instead of just holding me at arm's length until the final couple of days. I would have definitely taken my business elsewhere earlier and had a safe vehicle to drive. That's my main issue, because everything's taken care of now and I love the way that the Illuminas and Tokico springs feel, and the Brembo rotors and just, there's no reason to be angry with them, cause everything's taken care of in the end...at least that's how I see it.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Mass_Media™

They charge you then. Thats what i like about some other companies (not going to name names) when I have ordered parts they charge me when it ships not right when I order. I have delt with CE many times, (intake y-pipe, cattback exhaust, springs, struts) and I have NEVER got any of those when they said they would be there. It has usually taken a month or two. As others have said it doesn't bother me that they don't have those things in stock its when you call or email or pm and they say "next week/end of the week/end of the month/monday/two weeks" is when it gets frustrating
Old 04-12-2006, 01:15 AM

ordered from them, no problems here
Old 04-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by pyroz
ordered from them, no problems here
What did you order and whom did you speak with? Hopefully, you spoke with Brad (the owner) and he gave you the .Org discount.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:11 PM

whats the internet dicount code?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:09 PM

Custom Enter**** is SHADY **** THEM
never buy from them
Old 04-19-2006, 04:12 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
What did you order and whom did you speak with? Hopefully, you spoke with Brad (the owner) and he gave you the .Org discount.

Greg is the owner.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by ramberg
Greg is the owner.
I know, I was fishing to get more BS info from the
Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Adrian

I owe nothing to CE for saying this, but they have been very helpful to me. I had ordered the first set of Red/ Clears over a year ago when they came out, had them around 8 mos., they started to fog and never really fit right. I didn't say anything because of the time that had passed, and figured they wouldn't help. I took a chance, called and they were more than glad to replace them for me. Of course they were in stock at the time and all I had to do was get and RA and send mine back first. They shipped them Immediately. I was very happy with them and remember always thinking... I wish other companies were as responsive as them. I guess I would be upset in this situation too though. But at least they are willing to do something about it. Be patient and give them some time, I'll bet they make up for your dissatisfaction.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 PM

i ordered clear corners (front and back) for my '02, and got them in less than a week. greg was the one that helped me. sometimes they can be slow at returning phone calls.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 PM

I just did my money order 2 days ago and i am ordering some clear corners and i was wondering what is there correct mail in money order address is because i all ready mailed it in. and i am hoping that i did not mail it to the wrong address if any one can show the address i will really apprecate it and i did try to call and talk to some one for the past 2 days now and so but theres this guy's busy voice mail .
Old 05-17-2006, 08:49 PM

CE is a horrible company in terms of cust. serv. Asside from shipping issues, they sent me a defective product and never fixed my problem and kept giving me the run around. Why do people still shop from them? They are over priced to begin with, aside from these other issues.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Nick@CE.COM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
I just did my money order 2 days ago and i am ordering some clear corners and i was wondering what is there correct mail in money order address is because i all ready mailed it in. and i am hoping that i did not mail it to the wrong address if any one can show the address i will really apprecate it and i did try to call and talk to some one for the past 2 days now and so but theres this guy's busy voice mail .
I am not sure what you mean by the busy number... The address is also listed on our website.
Our addy is:
Custom Enterprise.com
2 Lee Mac Ave
Danbury,CT,06810

03maxima1 CE is a horrible company in terms of cust. serv. Asside from shipping issues, they sent me a defective product and never fixed my problem and kept giving me the run around. Why do people still shop from them? They are over priced to begin with, aside from these other issues.
If you want to PM your info I will be happy to see what we can do for you. If we sent you a defective item we have no problem helping you out. Please contact me ASAP. Thank you.

~Nick

Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 AM

my only complaint with them is the group deal with the 6th gen y-pipe
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=464716

the deal started on may 30 - i was the 5th person on may 31

they still haven't shipped out....my car was finally charged last week - but no tracking #
Old 05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Nick@CE.COM

Originally Posted by OmarBadu
my only complaint with them is the group deal with the 6th gen y-pipe
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=464716

the deal started on may 30 - i was the 5th person on may 31

they still haven't shipped out....my car was finally charged last week - but no tracking #
The '05 Group deal took a longer then we expected. These pipes should be shipping out early next week. I will provide a tracking number for you as soon as they ship. Once again I am very sorry for the delay.

~Nick

Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nick@CE.COM
I am not sure what you mean by the busy number... The address is also listed on our website.
Our addy is:
Custom Enterprise.com
2 Lee Mac Ave
Danbury,CT,06810

If you want to PM your info I will be happy to see what we can do for you. If we sent you a defective item we have no problem helping you out. Please contact me ASAP. Thank you.

~Nick
It is too late. Extensive emails and phone calls went back and fourth between me, greg, jose, and anthony. Nothing was solved. So nothing personal toward you or Anthony but your company drasticly needs to improve how it deals with it's customers if it plans to keep them coming back. I sent Greg a few emails of how upset I was and asked him to solve the issue. He did not. If the owner does not care to keep his customers then what does that say?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:52 AM

i think that its great that there is a site that is just for Maxima's.

but i did have problems with them. i ordered and intake like a week ago and by now i would think they would send me an email saying that they shipped the intake, but i havent recieved any replyes to my email and i was told that i would get it by this wensday. someone from CE told me today that i would get it Monday. it seems to me that it keeps getting pushed back and back.

if there is anything you guys can do to make this process go faster i would like to know.

thanks

Quick Reply: custom enterprise- why bother?