Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Kings Nissan Destroyed Today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:24 PM

Kings Nissan Destroyed Today!!

Oh boy!!! Well just like the title said, Kings Nissan was destroyed today by a swift fire that was started by two career degenerates that my managers tried to get away with hiring for cheap as prep guys for cars that are just sold. Wait until you hear this DUMB ****!.......these two idiots(one is a 24 hour drunk and the other is legally dumb) decided to put their wonderful minds together and ended up destroying the place......We have a gas station that is literally 10 steps from the dealership that they are supposed to use to fill up cars that are recently bought by customers..... so the legally dumb guy has a car that he is preping to go but the gas is low in the car....he has another car in the back that has a full tank of gas...now remember the gas station is TEN steps away....he decides that the station is too far for him right now so he and the other guy, the career drunk, decides to cypher(not sure if i spelled it correctly) gas from one gas tank to another with a hose..........with a CIGARETTE in his mouth!!!!......needless to say this was a bad idea....the freakin idiot accidently spills gas on the floor and as he is stepping back to avoid gas from getting on his shoes, the cigarette drops on the floor...........KABOOOM!!!.........the freakin garage engulfs in flames immediately, and i'm in the showroom and see this two freakin idiots come running in screaming "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, THE CARS ARE ON FIRE".....Now, by me knowing that these guys are jerks, i ignore them until i see our 70 year old manager running in saying the same thing only with a lot more expletives....so i run outside and, i kid you not, within a minute you just heard consecutives BOOM sounds which were the toxins and vehicles exploding in the back. i swear to ya'll it sounded like freakin air attack missiles hitting the freakin dealership...anyway the dealership is done for now. in total 14 cars were lost (6 burned, 8 filled with soot) we are working out of the jaguar dealership on ave y and coney island avenue for anyone on here that i was working on deals for. the cars that were outside were not affected so we still have vehicles available in all models and trims...whew!!.....just had to get this off my chest......WHAT A FREAKIN DAY!!!.....steve.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
VIP Maxima

Pics ?!?!?!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:48 PM
retired moderator

craziness.....

pics?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Link to news article? Can't seem to find it anywhere.....
Old 01-13-2006, 07:52 PM

I Saw A Daily News Guy Taking Some Snaps, So I Figure It Will Be In Tomorrow's Paper....
Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 PM

Dam Steve, and I tried calling today. Hopefully we can meet up after you are settled.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Administrator

i dunno.. mythbusters proved you can't light a fire with a ciggarette and gas on the ground
Old 01-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Driving is the next best thing

damn, when did it happen?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
No more Maximas...

I think the only myth they did like that was smoking around gas pumps, and using a cell phone.

Never seen a cig on the ground one...but I would imagine that would easily ignite it.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:44 PM

actually I saw with my own eyes my mechanic trow his ciggarette (still on) right to a puddle of pure gasoline and nothing happend. (and I did see the gasoline being pour into the floor from the cars' gas tank.

He was showing off to me....
Old 01-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sprint™
i dunno.. mythbusters proved you can't light a fire with a ciggarette and gas on the ground
i was thinkin the same thing when i first read this

Originally Posted by pmohr
I think the only myth they did like that was smoking around gas pumps, and using a cell phone.

Never seen a cig on the ground one...but I would imagine that would easily ignite it.
they did the cigarette/gas thing in another episode...it was one where they were trying to disprove things we see in movies all the time.

i guess tomorrow we will see what is in the news, this is crazyness if it really happened.....sad too, that a whole dealership could be wrecked by stupidity like that.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2kprlmax
Dam Steve, and I tried calling today. Hopefully we can meet up after you are settled.
No problem....i'll be at the jaguar dealership for now, its right by kings nissan service dept...when i figure out how everything is going to run for now, i'll p.m you with contact info. thanks.

as far as the legitimacy of the cigarette igniting the gas claim.......once again, let me stress this point .....we are dealing with Certified, Grade A degenerates so only god knows if they were telling the truth. the bottom line is they had to do some major goofing off to ignite a whole dealership.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:26 PM

so did you need to get insurance involed? will the dealership pay for a new max (4th gen)?

good luck.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:12 PM

Wow, i live like 5 blocks away from there. Im suprised that i didnt hear anything. Ill go check it out tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:15 PM

it seems to me from your story that the building was destroyed. do you still have keys to all the cars outside that werent damaged?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:50 AM

A Quick Thinking Employee Grabbed Some Files And The Bucket With All The Keys For The Outside Vehicles. Most Likely We Will Drive Those Cars Over To The Other Dealership Early In The Morning.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:07 AM

hahahahha i actually find this very hilarious!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Administrator

i don't disapprove of them starting a fire or the fire itself.. however... even on mythbusters.. they had the cigarette in the gas and they puffed on the cigg to ignite it and still nothing
Old 01-14-2006, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by MAX'D OUT CLUB
No problem....i'll be at the jaguar dealership for now, its right by kings nissan service dept...when i figure out how everything is going to run for now, i'll p.m you with contact info. thanks.

as far as the legitimacy of the cigarette igniting the gas claim.......once again, let me stress this point .....we are dealing with Certified, Grade A degenerates so only god knows if they were telling the truth. the bottom line is they had to do some major goofing off to ignite a whole dealership.

They are most likly lying about something... Another thing, why the hell were they smoking in the dealership's garage? My brother is a mechanic and he cannot smoke in the garage because of fire hazards, not to mention NYS law that forbids you to smoke in a work area. If they were smoking the Ins company might throw a fit because it is illegal to even smoke in the garage.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:11 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

dibs on a slighty charred VQ35....lol

hope everyone made it out ok, and if no one was hurt, the ones who did it should be beaten. Bring back public lashings!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:51 AM

**** any 03 6 speed maximas slightly damaged?
50% off?

dibs!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Chassis Freak

Someone post a link to a news article.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:04 AM

Is this a true story? Where are the pics?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
suicidalspd99

Gasoline fumes ingnite, not the liquid itself. Diesel is very hard to ignite. Well that is what insurance is for. Sucks. But best wishes to all the employees over there.

Bill

Old 01-14-2006, 11:55 AM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by KCMC582
i was thinkin the same thing when i first read this
they did the cigarette/gas thing in another episode...it was one where they were trying to disprove things we see in movies all the time.
I know for a fact that you can't light a pool of gas with a cig, but spilled gas you probably can.
Actually you can't light a pool of jet fuel with a cig either, the old russian migs had to have special fuel filters put in them because the cigarettes that the mechanics were throwing into the open tanks of jet fuel would clog the fuel lines and the planes were crashing. So in true Russian form, they don't stop the mechanics, they put fuel filters on the planes.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:15 PM
vsamoylov

thats has got to suck. idiots these days.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:14 PM

this is crazy..... i bet they were messing around and doing something stupid.. good thing an employee got the keys for the other cars... good thing no one got hurt!!! do you feel like getting me a free navigation system out of a fried maxima?????? ha ha
Old 01-14-2006, 05:14 PM

Is the showroom totally destroy?? I went there before. It's kinda big.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Not for rookies!!

Does Kings have their service department in a different building?
Old 01-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Well, there you go; going cheap where it counts, hurts in the long run.

It seems that the management could have hired some local university students to do this work in part time shifts, why these two idiots?

I would say that a fire extinguisher may have been able to keep this under control before it got out of control, but I don't think idiots like these two would think about that.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:20 PM

Beavis & Butthead
Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by cph81
Is the showroom totally destroy?? I went there before. It's kinda big.

ALL THE WINDOWS ARE KNOCKED OUT AND THE ROOF COLLAPSED.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by wesallenjr
Does Kings have their service department in a different building?

Yes we do....on coney island avenue and avenue y.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 PM

you know, you would think that a roof collapsing and cars exploding would be news worthy but i checked both major newspapers and i have seen absolutely nothing.....maybe it will be in the local area newspaper? i don't know......the more important thing is that no one was hurt.......and that includes the idiots who started it.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 AM

A Quick Thinking Employee Grabbed Some Files And The Bucket With All The Keys For The Outside Vehicles. Most Likely We Will Drive Those Cars Over To The Other Dealership Early In The Morning.
we have a machine that has all the keys. keeps track of who has what key becas you hafta put in your personal code to get it. i guess that wouldnt be good in a fire. unless its fireproof
Old 01-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by upstatemax
They are most likly lying about something... Another thing, why the hell were they smoking in the dealership's garage? My brother is a mechanic and he cannot smoke in the garage because of fire hazards, not to mention NYS law that forbids you to smoke in a work area. If they were smoking the Ins company might throw a fit because it is illegal to even smoke in the garage.
Mr. Career Drunk and Mrs. Legally Dumb probably can't read warning signs, or comprehend safety information...
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 AM

When are the pics coming???
Old 01-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Not for rookies!!

Yes we do....on coney island avenue and avenue y.
I am waiting for them to get a part in to complete some warranty work, glad to hear that they are still around...sorry about the showroom though.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Mr. Career Drunk and Mrs. Legally Dumb probably can't read warning signs, or comprehend safety information...

I agree, but you might think that management might stop them from smoking since it is illegal in NY... They are to blame as much as the two morons who set the place up.

I have seen quite a few guys get fired over smoking in customers cars or smoking in the garage. Somehow it is the one thing my brother has not been fired over...
Old 01-17-2006, 09:32 AM

I'm gonna check this out on the way home from work. Hope everyone is okay.

Quick Reply: Kings Nissan Destroyed Today!!