Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Frankencar Feedback thread.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is Frankencar a reliable vendor?

I think I've decided on going with the frankencar catback, but I don't like to use paypal. Can I trust them?
Old 07-27-2004, 06:53 PM
retired moderator

I haven't had any problems with them, and used paypal to get my intake. They are honest, but supposedly the customer service is not great unless you have $$ in hand (which you do !)
Old 07-28-2004, 05:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've had a bad experience with them. I tried to order an intake from them a few months back and it never came after weeks and weeks of waiting and emails. Over 10 emails when unanswered so finally I had to get tough and report the transaaction to paypal who then were able to refund my money back. I will never deal with people like that again. I still don't have the intake yet any suggestions??
Old 07-28-2004, 09:46 AM

I ordered from them and it took about 2 months to get the intake. I havent heard many stories of people not getting the intake but it almost always takes a while
Old 07-28-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

yea it took me 2 months also to get my intake, kinda ****ed about it. i wouldnt order from them again. CS is really bad, i called every hour for one day. and i didnt get any body to talk to me about my intake.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:09 PM
JSMEXUSA

Frankencar the very worst.

I ordered a complete intake for my car about a month ago; I started calling them and emailing them a week later to check on the status as per they charged my credit card the very first day I ordered; never got an answer at all, I kept calling/emailing for 3 weeks almost every day and finally Steven told me his co-worker was shipping it that day; I waited another week making a total of about a month and nothing; started calling again with no answer, so got no choice that to call my credit card to start an investigation and get my money back as per they might be out of bussiness or who knows. I hope they don't play smart and try to charge me some money for cancellation or restaking fee as per never got anything. I hope Berktechnology starts making intakes for the 4th generation as per their quality is way better and better prices and great customer service. Actually he is asking if we want him to make intakes for 4th generation, so please reply to that thread wich is on the 4th gen classified. Frankencar is the worst place I ever try to buy from.

Old 10-10-2004, 02:59 PM

Waiting for it to arrive from them is definately a test of patience. I am pretty happy with it though when it did get to me.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:31 AM
vqman

they wouldn't return my emails...

Old 10-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

frankencar sucks, i would never order from them again. their quality and customer service suck
Old 10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
imported_JIC_A33

Originally Posted by ronin22357
frankencar sucks, i would never order from them again. their quality and customer service suck
quality no, customer service yes

Old 11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

Originally Posted by Slow Moe
Waiting for it to arrive from them is definately a test of patience. I am pretty happy with it though when it did get to me.
10 char
Old 11-19-2004, 07:14 PM

if you want to look for frankencar, look in the maximas for sale section, youll find him there, not concerned about the customers, but apparently more concerned in buying vehicles..o well, thats why i never bought, never replied back to me
Old 11-24-2004, 10:20 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

i got one of those first batches of the frankencar intake which was jb-welded or something and one of the peices came off.... i emailed steve and he replied saying tehy would send me a replacement. Well, that's the last email I got from him, despite 3 more emails I sent afterwards trying to follow up.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:51 PM

i went to scool with the kid who started it, he sat next to me in computer class, he was a good kid also i ordered an intake from them after he sold the company and i had no problems, and i even ordered a replacement filter and again no problems
Old 11-29-2004, 06:27 AM

Steve is a good kid but there response time has been lacking. I know him personally.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
"tse-tse fly"

They Took A Month To Get Me My Mid Pipe Always Call First To See What They Have In Stock B4 You Purchase Anything They Ship 2 Day Priorty Mail No Ups So U Dont Get A Tracking Number Which Sux Best Bet Is To Bite Your Lip And Wait It Out If U Want Their Products...
Old 01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
retired moderator

Just as background for everyone here....The guys who run frankencar do it as a "side-gig"...it's not a big-time shop or anything. They all have day jobs and apparently do the Frankencar stuff in the evenings and weekends. That is the reason why sometimes it's hard to contact them or it takes a while to get your parts......they are not scammers, nor are they dishonest. They're simply hard to get in touch with due to schedules, etc......
Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 AM
JSMEXUSA

Originally Posted by irish44j
Just as background for everyone here....The guys who run frankencar do it as a "side-gig"...it's not a big-time shop or anything. They all have day jobs and apparently do the Frankencar stuff in the evenings and weekends. That is the reason why sometimes it's hard to contact them or it takes a while to get your parts......they are not scammers, nor are they dishonest. They're simply hard to get in touch with due to schedules, etc......
For me and many people these guys are just the most dishonest, irresponsible and scammers sellers. Why they do not post that in their website that will get you money right away and you will receive your product within a few months whenever they feel like shipping to you; what will you think if after a couple months you don't get you parts and can get in contact with them at all; I tought they ripped me off and went out of bussiness. Besides I am sure they have many complaints on the Better Bussines B. and maybe some persons sued them as well. They might have a good quality product but however is very expensive and will say overpriced. Hope they gave you a really good discount on your parts to defend them. Not a fair shop at all; we all work really hard for our money and expect a decent customer service and get your stuff in a reazonable time.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

it took months for me to get my order, no one ever responded to my emails and they never answered their phone any of the hundred times i called. i am not exagerating i called 4 times a day every day for months on all their numbers. i wouldnt do it again.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Bigger than Jesus

I ordered the rear section for my max on 12/21 via paypal. I ended up sending 3 total emails and made 2 phone calls to steve but only got voicemail, left messages both times. Finally responded to my 3rd email today to tell me it is shipping out tomorrow. This was very frustrating but I am glad I'm finally getting my stuff. I will not buy from them again though.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:24 AM

Frankencar Feedback thread.....

i know back in the day they had a real problem with getting there intakes shipped but i thought they were fine now... i was wrong. I ordered my intake last Wed's and have yet to find out anything about shipping or tracking or anything. Ive called them about 12 times left a few messages on the voicemails of the #'s on there website and sent about 10 differnt emails now about this... i got a fedex predelivery confermation wed's but appearently fedex never "picked up my box" for some reason. i found that out yesterday when somone finally answered the main phone there. He also proceeded to tell me he didnt know why fedex hasent picked my box up and that i should have gotten the emails but his internet doesnt work right and there not by the phones even though there cell phones... he said it was going out yesterday almost for sure but if not then absoutly today... but then again i heard that lastweek and nothing happened. so i checked my fedex number and it still has not been picked up. Im getting really tierd of all this and i dont think that it should take a whole week to get my intake shipped out especially the fact that i spent over $200 on somthing i could have gotten from ebay for $35. i ordered from them because i wanted a quality piece with a great filter but im really starting to regret this decision as it hasent even left there facility and they have some BS excuse everytime i talk to them. anyone else order from them in the last two months? how long did it take to get yours? also if i dont have any more info by 10pm tonight im going to be filing a dispute in paypal for all this trash and go from there. poor service period. -Ryan
Old 12-31-2005, 08:10 PM
retired moderator

Joos...judging by your sig, it looks like you've received the intake at some point....might want to post a follow-up!

Ordered intake from them 2 years ago...received it in less than a week.
Ordered b-pipe from them last summer...received it in less than a week.
Every time I've emailed them, I've received a reply in a day or two....

Sometimes they're hard to reach....just have some patience - their products are well worth the wait.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Need A Light?

josh, u might want to check this thread out...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....03#post4599103

i don't think hes coming back :\
Old 01-05-2006, 12:17 PM

I had a terrible experience with Frankencar. I got my car stolen two years ago and haven't been on the boards at all since then. But those rats just happen to cross my mind (I was going over people that had screwed me in the past).

They sent me a part 3 weeks after I cancelled my order since my car had been stolen. Steve @ Frankencar told me to send it back for a refund, fair enough, that's what I did. I never got a refund, after sending the part to them with Proof of delivery. I called them and left messages. I sent them emails. They never once picked up the phone, returned an email or made any attempt to contact me or give me my money back. I would have even taken the part so I could sell it myself. Basically they just stole $100 from me. I can't believe they are still around.

Steve are you out there? Crook.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by steven88
josh, u might want to check this thread out...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....03#post4599103

i don't think hes coming back :\
seems that that situation was resolved in the end. I'm sure Joos will still be around.

btw, Steven...."Nissan Cefiro GT-R" ?? comeon, don't be "that guy" j.k.

IMO "maxima" is a much cooler name for a car than "cefiro" anyhow
Old 01-10-2006, 07:53 PM

Ordered a backpipe Dec 5 waited untill the 22nd havn't seen anything or heard anything. Called the company and left messages with no replies. Checked my paypal account Jan 6th and was going to fight for my money back and saw that 2 days earlier it had been refunded.

Not very happy with the service, I never heard from them or got confirmation of a sale even. Couldn't reach them when I tried and never ended up with the product I origionally ordered.

2 thumbs down for frankencar!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by irish44j
seems that that situation was resolved in the end. I'm sure Joos will still be around.

btw, Steven...."Nissan Cefiro GT-R" ?? comeon, don't be "that guy" j.k.

IMO "maxima" is a much cooler name for a car than "cefiro" anyhow
Are you referring to me?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by MaxBoost925
Are you referring to me?

no, I was talking to steven88......you hadn't even posted in this thread when I wrote that...

why, are you a steven also?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Need A Light?

naw...hes my apprentice...I teach him the way of the maxima
Old 01-11-2006, 07:01 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by steven88
naw...hes my apprentice...I teach him the way of the maxima

Igor911 has an apprentice like that in this area... They both have the same car in the same color and truck around together....and argue like a married couple.,
Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Need A Light?

lol...i think i know who u r referring too....lemme guess...

:

yes? no? maybe?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:14 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

I ordered my catback and arrived in about a week
Old 01-12-2006, 06:12 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i wrote steve a few days ago about ordering a b pipe. he wrote back the next day and stated the exhaust pieces were out of stock at the moment but they were planning on replenishing the stock but no definite date.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:23 AM

First time I ordered an intake from them which was almost 2 years ago, the service was terrible, took forever to recieve the intake. Recently I sent them an email because I needed a MAF adapter. I was surprised to receive an email back right away and he replied to my other messages the same day or early the next day. I recieved the item in a week and I would have to say that there customer service is much better now.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by JeEvE
First time I ordered an intake from them which was almost 2 years ago, the service was terrible, took forever to recieve the intake. Recently I sent them an email because I needed a MAF adapter. I was surprised to receive an email back right away and he replied to my other messages the same day or early the next day. I recieved the item in a week and I would have to say that there customer service is much better now.
It had only one way to go!
Old 03-13-2006, 12:53 PM

yes, their customer service is pretty good now. i had no poblem getting many responses from them.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:10 PM

I ordered and paid for an intake, but have not received any sort of confirmation. I have called them, Office: 413-289-2136 was disconected (scary) and I left messages on Steve and Scott's cells but no one has called back. My emails have not been replied to either. I am concerned, do I have reason? This my first experience with FrankenCar and it has not been good so far.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:29 PM

How much time should I give Frankencar?

I ordered an intake from Frankencar on March 20, they have accepted my on March 20. I have not received any order confirmation and they do not return my calls or emails. It is troubling that their office phone is disconnected.

Should I just be patient or should I file a dispute for an unshipped item.

I wish they would just take a minute to let me know what is going on.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:36 PM

Finally I heard from Steve today. Apparently they are moving and quite disorganized. A simple email would have been nice.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
10 psi

Originally Posted by RLW001
Finally I heard from Steve today. Apparently they are moving and quite disorganized. A simple email would have been nice.

way nice guys, VERY disorganized, took me almost 10 months to recieve a flippin intake

Quick Reply: Frankencar Feedback thread.....