Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Not happy AT ALL with Maximum Tuning, never dealing with them again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not happy AT ALL with Maximum Tuning, never dealing with them again.

So here's my dilemma.

I purchased a rebuilt semi-bulletproof trannsmission from Maximum Tuning. From the get-go I had an issue with them. The shifter linkage would not move, I contact Jeff and he ofcourse tells me to bring it in. After Tilley had to remove the new tranny, re-install the old one.

I then take it back to MT they fix it, and I ofcourse have to pay him again for the install and what not. After waiting nearly 6 hours to get it done, it's finally done, and I'm not ofcourse allowed to test drive my car unless I pay first which I do.

This was all a while ago... like around the summer. I was over it and didn't care.

I then start having issues AGAIN, the car stalls, hesitates in the morning when cold. I speak with Rob from NRH Transmission (A REAL TRANNY GUY THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING) he suggests, getting the VB changed. So I take it to MT leave it overnight... guess what? They aren't able to replicate the problem!!! I pick up the car and AM REPLICATING THE DAMN PROBLEM RIGHT IN FRONT OF DAN AND OFCOURSE HE DOESN'T LOOK AT IT. That leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and I leave. I don't even want to deal with their tranny parts after all the horror stories I've heard.

I take it over to NRH Transmission, keep in mind Jeff has given verbal authorization to drop the pan and take a look etc, NRH Transmission says their VB is all messed up, which I believed because of the way the car acted, and I get the VB replaced. There are CHUNKS of metal on the magnet, all from the TC. Guess what the TC is DAMAGED. I do not authorize anymore work than the VB since Jeff had initially given me verbal warning to drop the pan and take a look to make sure all was good. I did not want to go back to them to get work done since they didn't want to take a look at the problem when I was replicating it IN FRONT OF THEM.

Now Jeff doesn't want to warranty anything, and he goes off bad-mouthing me calling me a liar etc. I will NEVER deal with him or his company again. And I am NOT the only one that has had issues with him. I know atleast half a dozen people that have had first hand issues with their work.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:01 AM

No problems here..... for Jeff & Maximum Tuning.....

But didn't we get over bad mouthing Jeff?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
No problems here..... for Jeff & Maximum Tuning.....

But didn't we get over bad mouthing Jeff?
How am I bad mouthing him? I'm sharing MY story, this is my experience.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:39 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Wrong forum.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:33 PM

Careful, the ban hammer comes down on people that **** and moan too much about MT around these parts...

I understand what your saying though... Personally, I wouldn't see why in the first place I would trek all the way to NY to have anything done on my car. And even then, with everything I heard from them, and seeing his "professinalism" on this site, its my own final judgement to not even deal with him, hell, not even look at his direction if we were to meet face to face. He does not know how to run a business, and I refuse to talk to people that mislead their own customers in a fashion that he does.

I know that there are several people on here that has had good service with him, which strikes me as odd. I'm wondering if he's deliberately messing people's max's up that he doesn't like. But then again, such an accusation would cause him to start a flame war on this site, like he's pretty much started before.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JSClark
Careful, the ban hammer comes down on people that **** and moan too much about MT around these parts...

I understand what your saying though... Personally, I wouldn't see why in the first place I would trek all the way to NY to have anything done on my car. And even then, with everything I heard from them, and seeing his "professinalism" on this site, its my own final judgement to not even deal with him, hell, not even look at his direction if we were to meet face to face. He does not know how to run a business, and I refuse to talk to people that mislead their own customers in a fashion that he does.

I know that there are several people on here that has had good service with him, which strikes me as odd. I'm wondering if he's deliberately messing people's max's up that he doesn't like. But then again, such an accusation would cause him to start a flame war on this site, like he's pretty much started before.
Thanks for the support. I didn't like the fact that he called me a "liar" bluntly on the phone when I'm politely speaking with him trying to reason. I don't know why I went to there to get it done either, I guess I was optimistic. I really don't know what work the people that praise him got done. But people that I have talked to that got big jobs done there, motor builds, trannys, S/C installs, motor swaps. Had multiple issues, and not even small issues, big issues. My boy John PASOK86, his car was at their shop for over 4 months, I think almost 5 months, for a VQ35 swap. AND IT STILL HAD ISSUES AND TILLEY FINALLY FIXED IT IN 2 DAYS.

To compare, I got my motor swapped in 2 DAYS!!! NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, asides from the transmission.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:07 PM

Taking this story into deep consideration if incase i had to ever deal with these people? Are you sure you didnt **** him off at first? Id make sure that if something like that were to happen to me if would be dealth with one way or another. I work to hard for my money to just give it away to someone else trying to make a living...
Old 04-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Likes them corn fed

where did you get the swap?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Z

There are two sides to every story, and you people should hold off on believing Harris' until you hear what Jeff has to say.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:11 PM

Listen I have no reason to lie here, everything that I said WAS what happened.

**** him off? No I was always polite with him. If you walk in a shop or chain store and **** off a manager or employee, they still have to provide you with service. Any good, reputable place will provide you with good service whether your happy, or angry. Regardless, I was polite with him.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
There are two sides to every story, and you people should hold off on believing Harris' until you hear what Jeff has to say.

Been there done that. Worst mechanic I ever deal with, he becomes very ignorant then starts to insult people for calling him out on his shotty work and that is all I can say for fear that I maybe banned by.....

Sorry to see that you got screw man just suck it up and move on.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by zack342
Been there done that. Worst mechanic I ever deal with, he becomes very ignorant then starts to insult people for calling him out on his shotty work and that is all I can say for fear that I maybe banned by.....

Sorry to see that you got screw man just suck it up and move on.
Check out the replies on this thread.

http://forums.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=10660
Old 04-02-2006, 08:09 PM

I've had nothing but GREAT experience from Jeff. I've been going to him for over 6yrs. And have NEVER had a problem once with any of my cars (besides Maxima).
And just like NYPD-Arnold said...there are two sides to all stories, especially this one.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Sports Button FTW

i had a clutch done by jeff and the bearing broke after a few months (less than 10k miles, maybe less than 5k), it was the exedy clutch and i was dissappointed that i had to come out of pocket for a new bearing to be put in, not only parts but labor...shop has to eat and i was happy problem was finally fixed (hard pedal + more) but thought i would get compensated some how...but he normally has a nice attitude, i dont have beef with him, but for the long trip and that one incident kind of pushed me towards tilley or atleast shops in NJ.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:32 AM

See I think you guys give too much credit to jeff and his shop. I think we can all agree that it is possible for alot of people to have great experiences with Jeff and his shop.
At the same time it is possible for people to be unsatisfied by the service they recieved from his shop. As customers who PAID for a service i believe we have the right to be heard all you Jeff/ Maximum tuning groupies freak out when someone comments on poor quality of work or service from Jeff.

I don't think harrish is unjust in his comments he is describing his experience and I don't see how anyone can say he is argue with him
Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Maxima.Org's Official Lurker

I've never been to Jeff's shop so I can't comment. I have read other people's stories on here that say Jeff is a good mechanic, but not the other guys (i.e. Dan IIRC). Maybe that's the problem?
Old 04-03-2006, 10:14 AM

Repost Repost Repost
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 AM

Believe it or not ONLY ONE bad experience from one customer will significantly hurt a company. I bet if someone infamous as Tilley, or Corey, or Rob from NRH provided bad service to someone and they voiced their opinion it would hurt them, BAD.

See the thing is, mistakes do happen, BUT how a shop rectifies a mistake is what really differentiates between a good shop and a bad one. For ANY shop to bluntly, and blatantly call me a "liar" when I am respecting them, and being a polite should within itself say a lot.

I read about a guy who had a lot of power that he was putting down, and he had NRH build him a transmission, the transmission failed, NRH warrantied it no ifs ands or buts abouts about it 2+ years after it was purchased. That should say something.

If I saw any defects in the paint that I was not happy with? Guess what Tilley automatically said he would repaint, no questions asked AT all.

That's the type of service that makes me happy. When I had the VB done at Rob from NRH, in MD. Guess what? He didn't charge me for the install because I drove from NJ. Guess what? He gave me BRAND NEW synthetic fluid. He gave me BRAND NEW SOLENOIDS. He inspected EVERYTHING. And he more importantly kept me up to date, walking in the waiting room, telling me exactly what was going on. I really could not have been happier. Same goes with Tilley, countless stories where he went completely out of his way to make me happy. That's why I keep going back to them and praise them because we need more shops out there like that.

Maximum Tuning DID NOT WAIVE my install fee for something that THEY screwed up. At a MINIMUM they could have done that. That shop ONLY CARES about money, as Dan said to me "MONEY TALKS". They wouldn't let me test drive my friggin' car after the tranny was done UNLESS I PAID first. Their response to that was "We don't trust you" and that was noted in Zacks old thread. I should've said something to the effect of F$*$ you. But no I was nice and bit the bullet.

Everytime I have a issue with them, all they tell me to do is "BRING IT IN." "BRING IT IN." Well when I bring it in, and leave my car overnight they mysteriously are not able to replicate the problem. But I must be a magician, as I WAS REPLICATING THE FRIGGIN PROBLEM IN FRONT OF THEM. Dan does not EVEN GLANCE at the car and tells me to leave it again. Get the hell out of here, I wouldn't leave my car there again if my life depended on it.

They consistently IGNORE MY calls, Dan says "Jeff is not in he's out for thed day". But when my buddy calls 10 minutes later he mysteriously shows up. I mean story after story with them and I've realized that they do not care about "us" (guys with issues) as car enthusiasts, they look at us as customers and simply want the $.

I couldn't believe the way he responded to Zack in his thread, cursing at him etc. What "professianal" speaks to customers like that, PUBLICLY??? I mean c'mon give me a break.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 AM

Man oh Man are you bringing up some bad memories. There is alot of love for maximum tuning on this forum. From certain people who tend to have certain powers over others. I got banned quite a bit from just sharing my experience. I was blantly treatened by that guy in an open forum and nothing was done. All I have to say is i got screwed and will never do something like that again.
In my car i was right he did install the seal wrong and it leaked. I replaced the seal and low and behold it stopped leaking. This is after he kept telling me that my tranny was messed up and he is such an expert. He also craked my passenger side axle support but whatever.
What goes around comes around.

Harris if i were you i would try taking him to court, you have nothing to lose. Your not going to get any support on here, his groupies will just flame you and rave about how good he is....All I know is EVERYONE makes mistakes. No one is PERFECT. The key is when you make a mistake, how you handle it and when you deal with customers. You should know the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT.

I may not be some two bit mechanic who runs a shop but even I can tell you that and i have no customers.
This is not good customer service...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=426694
Move on harris, take him to court, see if the judge agrees if not just accept that You got screwed deal with it.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I can't believe this thread is still open...

Regardless though, it's gonna turn into a "I got screwed" vs. "I had good service" thread (as always)... I've taken my car out there 3 times and never had any issues. Granted, I haven't had anything "that" major done other than the y-pipe, but to each their own.

Sorry you had problems with them... just do what I did when I ran into issues with other mechanics -- cut your losses and don't let them touch your car. I drive like 40 miles from CT via the Throgs Neck (ugh), and the Cross Island/LIE traffic/construction mess to Jeff's, just because the last mechanic that touched my car messed it up. Hopefully you have better luck elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Z

Folks...there's a lot of crap that Harris is leaving out. I've got a plethora of details I will post later on. But take Harris' words with a grain of salt.

Or two.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Folks...there's a lot of crap that Harris is leaving out. I've got a plethora of details I will post later on. But take Harris' words with a grain of salt.

Or two.

Arnold and myself were at Jeff's shop. I was gettin work done. Arnold will share many things that have been left out of the story.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Maxima.Org's Official Lurker

Old 04-04-2006, 08:17 AM

I wouldn't touch maximum tuning with a 10 foot stick

those that have had good service........what did you have jeff do to your car? Y-pipe, oil change?

Given HarrisH and Zack's experiences, DON'T GO TO MAX TUNING IF YOU WANT TRANNY WORK DONE
Old 04-04-2006, 08:25 AM

obviously the people protecting him are his friends and i bet you all the glory they give him for his work are for oil changes and tune ups. i know personally of 2 people with s/c's that got screwed by him and he didnt honor his work. mechanics make mistakes but when you dont own up to it thats a different story.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by A Flood99

those that have had good service........what did you have jeff do to your car? Y-pipe, oil change?

Given HarrisH and Zack's experiences, DON'T GO TO MAX TUNING IF YOU WANT TRANNY WORK DONE
If you wanna see whats been done to my car take a look at my sig...not just oil changes...
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by max_speed97
If you wanna see whats been done to my car take a look at my sig...not just oil changes...
my point is..........have YOU had any transmission work done to your maxima by MT?
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 AM

my point is..........have YOU had any transmission work done to your maxima by MT?
Yes I have with my manual.
It dont look like you ever had any work done by MT period and making statements...kinda hard to do dont you think...?
I'm not saying that others do not have some kind of issues with MT. I"m sure they do but they are not telling the ENTIRE story. So I think kinda hard to make comments like you did by only listening to one side. And I believe Arnold is taking care of MT side of story either here or on nycmaximas.org
Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Z

Listen, you know nothing. MT just did a 5spd swap w/ LSD for an NYC Maximas member without a single complication. Max_Speed97 was there yesterday and Jeff was tuning up something with his SC -- no questions asked. He's a done bit more than just "oil changes" for me or a y-pipe, as well. Keep your opinions to shops in Georgia, when you actually deal with Jeff you'll know that he is the best guy you can possibly deal with.

I've got a magnitude of details I'll post when I'm back home after work. Jeff has a clientle of 700 car enthusiasts from various car forums, out of 1250 in total. He's had problems with no more than 5 people of us enthusiasts. That's a satisfaction rating of over 99.3%. In a business like that, it's downright incredible.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Do you have documentation of only 5 people being unhappy? When it comes to $1000's of work and it turns out this way, I'd be inclined to look else where. Now had he made some of the situations right by honoring the work that his shop had done, then I'd be more than happy to take my car there.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:53 AM

I really don't think they know what they're doing at all.

Countless people atleast 10-12 have had MAJOR issues with them. "sum1punjabi" had a defective VB, I had a defective VB. CMAX's motor blew, meccanobles car had isssues. Pasok86s car was there for over 4+ months, they put a tranny in his car 5 speed... guess what it was leaking. Zacks tranny had issues. Now TJ is telling me he is having issues with his TC that was built by MT, I'm having issues with their TC. I really don't think they know what they're doing at all. They didn't even know if the tranny cooler they sold me had a bypass valve or not, not referring to Jeff, referring to Dan.

How come you don't hear bad stories about other shops? There are many shops here that have been around for a long time, how come people trust them? His satisfaction rating or whatever is nowhere near 99.3% because if it was WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING ISSUES.

You all saw how he replied to Zack, "Say it to my face, a$$hole, moron, etc". Did Zack curse at him once? No. That's a real "prefessioanal" there for you. I should've known to stopped dealing from him from that point on. Instead I actually stood up for him and defended him, how stupid of me.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by HarrisH

Countless people atleast 10-12 have had MAJOR issues with them. "sum1punjabi" had a defective VB, I had a defective VB. CMAX's motor blew, meccanobles car had isssues. Pasok86s car was there for over 4+ months, they put a tranny in his car 5 speed... guess what it was leaking. Zacks tranny had issues. Now TJ is telling me he is having issues with his TC that was built by MT, I'm having issues with their TC. I really don't think they know what they're doing at all. They didn't even know if the tranny cooler they sold me had a bypass valve or not, not referring to Jeff, referring to Dan.

How come you don't hear bad stories about other shops? There are many shops here that have been around for a long time, how come people trust them? His satisfaction rating or whatever is nowhere near 99.3% because if it was WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING ISSUES.

You all saw how he replied to Zack, "Say it to my face, a$$hole, moron, etc". Did Zack curse at him once? No. That's a real "prefessioanal" there for you. I should've known to stopped dealing from him from that point on. Instead I actually stood up for him and defended him, how stupid of me.
But see once again only part of story. I also heard how Zack was commenting on his wife, etc. So Jeff is suppose to be "professional" about that...? I wouldnt either if anyone was talking about my family.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 AM

But see once again only part of story. I also heard how Zack was commenting on his wife, etc. So Jeff is suppose to be "professional" about that...? I wouldnt either if anyone was talking about my family.

LOL WTF??????????? Do you want to read the thread man???

Zacks "comments" were ... "I understand the wife and baby situation and I would not hold you accountable if something were to happen and would not expect you to finish my car". Jeff replied "SICK WIFE AND BABY ROUTINE HUH COME TO MY FACE AND TALK SH8 YOU A$$HOLE".

I can post that thread here as well.

It's not a part of ANY story, I'm the customer, HE's supposed to appease me NO MATTER WHAT. I don't care if I'm the biggest A$$hole around, as a GOOD BUSINESSMAN he should regardless treat me with the utmost respect and courtesy no matter what!

Call T-Mobile curse out their rep, tell me if they curse back at you. THEY DON'T. WHY? Because they are individuals who have to uphold a image, a statue of professionalism no matter how happy or angry a customer is.

Jeff blatantly called me a liar, I did not appreciate that one bit, he called Zack a liar too. What professional does that?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:55 PM

When people post on the internet they always seem to change their words. I have spoken to Jeff IN PERSON about Zacks issue. What Zack has been saying are partial stories. Why don't you ask where he got his tranny from. Ohh, he was *****ing about breaking ratchets taking the wheels off....I have removed my lugs about 3-4 times AFTER Jeff worked on my car.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MacAlert
When people post on the internet they always seem to change their words. I have spoken to Jeff IN PERSON about Zacks issue. What Zack has been saying are partial stories. Why don't you ask where he got his tranny from. Ohh, he was *****ing about breaking ratchets taking the wheels off....I have removed my lugs about 3-4 times AFTER Jeff worked on my car.
I really don't understand what you're saying here?

Here's the deal WITH ME and ME ONLY.

I gave Jeff a tranny to build, he built it, I'm not happy. Bottem line.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Z

Originally Posted by HarrisH

You need to stop making stuff up. I will disprove you in a little bit about all of these people you claim had work done at MT.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM

You need to stop making stuff up. I will disprove you in a little bit about all of these people you claim had work done at MT.

Go ahead and disprove me... all of these people chimed in themselves. Except my boy John whom I will ask to chime in later on today.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:15 PM

SonicDust187

Send a message via AIM to SonicDust187

Re: Not happy AT ALL with Maximum Tuning, never dealing with them again.
Hey guys, I will like to chime in just a tad. Jeff knows his stuff and is a good mechanic. However the problem is not Jeff, it’s the other 2 or 3 guys that started to work for him after he moved to the new shop. Those two guys are the ones that cause problems when they touch a car. I seen them do work for a few of my friends and mess up two blowers along with installing gauges into the a pillar with all the lines and hook ups for the gauges run on the outside of the pillar, WTF is up with that. That’s why if I ever go back there ONLY JEFF himself will touch my car. I have been happy with my service over at Jeff’s shop, but the last time I was there maybe two years ago when he installed my nitrous kit. I don't come back because I do not want those two to be next to my car.

qnzMax

Send a message via AIM to qnzMax

..i went there and I think some guy named Dan put my intake in and he kind of messed up. I went back and Jeff fixed it in like 2 minutes. From now on if I go there, only Jeff touches my car.

Sum1punjabi
Org's First Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sum1punjabi

Re: Not happy AT ALL with Maximum Tuning, never dealing with them again.
The whole problem is the Valve bodies they sell. I learned that after multiple tranny rebuilds. Whoever manufactures them, doesnt know what they are doing. There was another thread about this a while back. Ever since i took out there vb, i've stopped having problems with my transmission. I got it rebuilt a total of 6 times. I would have a case against them and the place making them. and i have written statements from other technicians stating the valve body was the cause. but i dont have the time to deal with it. I spoke to harrish a while back on this subject. Goodluck on your case.

We all know TJ Max's S/C Install Failure, and I'll ask my boy John to chime in, and we all read Meccanobles experience. So please go ahead and disprove me when I'm reiterating peoples experiences as a whole.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:20 PM

Yes I have with my manual.
It dont look like you ever had any work done by MT period and making statements...kinda hard to do dont you think...?
I'm not saying that others do not have some kind of issues with MT. I"m sure they do but they are not telling the ENTIRE story. So I think kinda hard to make comments like you did by only listening to one side. And I believe Arnold is taking care of MT side of story either here or on nycmaximas.org

Exactly but yet your quick to dismiss their side of the story and favor jeff's story. Read my old thread that i posted about my dealings with jeff. Read his replies is that the kind of person you want working on your can know that IF there is a problem you will be insulted and turned away.

Jeff NICKED MY SEAL and didn't own up to it so my tranny leaked all the way from NY to mass. He also did a poor job on my rear main seal because it also now leaks. When i called him on my axle seal he started saying that it was my tranny and how its messed up. Guess what i did. i replaced the axle seal MYSELF and no more leak. i guess that makes me a better mechanic than JEFF. As we all know there isn't much to turning a wrench. I know if i wanted to i could be a mechanic, its not rocket science.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS LIKE ALL OTHER MECHANICS YOU TAKE A CHANCE THAT THEY MAY NOT DO THE JOB CORRECTLY ITS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE. THE REAL SKILL COMES WHEN THEY ARE CONFORNTED ABOUT A MISTAKE, HOW THEY REACT AND HOW YOU ARE TREATED AS A CUSTOMER.

I drove 600 miles round trip to have jeff do my clutch and rear main seal because i thought he would do it right. After all repetition is the mother of skill. If he specializes in maxima's he should be very skilled correct?
Old 04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Z

It needs to be stated that the first person to damage the transmission was Harris himself. He put the transmission in the trunk of his car and drove it back home for a couple hundred

miles and what happened? A shift linkage ended up getting bent. But, despite that...guessed who fixed the transmission without any qualms or issues? Jeff. And not only that, but he fixed

it...for free. Harris claims he called the shop numerous times, but not once did he leave a message for Jeff to listen to. And Jeff emphasized it greatly, NOT ONCE.

Jeff authorized Tilley and [b]only[/b Tilley] to drop the pan and only once -- no more. He never authorized for anyone else to do it. Harris is also making up stories about customers and issues with customers that Jeff never had.

Jeff never had a customer named John with a 3.5L swap and a car that sat there for 4 months. The only person he could think of was a kid named Tino (I think was the name) and he said that that guy had no qualms with him and was very happy. So that's not it.

Because you brought up Sum1Punjabi -- we looked up his record and noted that he never returned back to Jeff for complications with his VB install after it was done in 2004. He did, however, return 8 months later in April of 2005 but for a completely different issue. If Punjabi had an issue with Jeff he should've visited him instantly. It's entirely possible that the guys who took apart his transmission probably never took apart his valve body to rebuild it and clean it out. Then when the MT VB was removed, the problem went away. But Jeff had no idea that there was a problem with Punjabi in the first place, otherwise he'd have rectified the situation.

CMax's engine wasn't rebuilt by MT -- another shop (in Queens, I believe) did that. In fact, when CMax began having issues with his new motor, it was Jeff who informed CMax that the motor he had installed was a junked motor. And Jeff helped CMax out. Once again, Jeff is the good guy here.

Doug's issues were never about his valve body and Jeff ALWAYS attempted to fix the issue and not once charged Doug for anything, aside from the install and purchase of the VB. The VB was NOT at fault, rather there was a faulty wire tapped into Doug's TCM. Issue fixed at no expense to Doug. Jeff's once again the good guy.

TJ's issues didn't have much to do with Jeff either. TJ brought Jeff an incomplete and used supercharger kit, and Jeff custom fabricated TJ the parts that were missing. After the install, Jeff had NO idea that TJ had a minor quip with the SC. Had TJ informed Jeff, he'd have gladly taken a look at it (just like Jeff was taking a look at Max_speed97's SC yesterday). If TJ had transmission work done by Jeff and is having an issue with it now, he needs to go and take it back to Jeff and tell him the issue and not skirt it and talk about it on the forum. Don't make Jeff sound like he won't fix a problem when it's reported to him.

Harris claims he never wants to deal with MT again...yet he runs back to them demanding they fix his torque converter...after he voided the warranty of the transmission? If he doesn't want to deal with MT anymore, why come back to fix the TC? Seems a little arbitrary to me. Especially since now that we know the transmission got a little banged up when it was in Harris' trunk for a few hundred miles.

Now the whole issue with Harris replicating the problem in front of Dan is a sore spot. The first time Harris showed up, he test drove the car with Jeff and neither of them felt an issue -- to
which Harris said it only happened on occassion. Harris later came back another day when Jeff was out sick and Dan was working on 4 cars all by himself. Harris tried to demonstrate the issue again, but to no avail. So Dan claims Harris left and then came back again after 30 minutes and began to tell him to take a look at the car again -- but with 3 cars in the bay and one outside, Dan claims Harris had began to get a little too talkative when Dan was trying to get work done. Dan told Harris that if he wanted to get the car looked at again, he'd have to leave it overnight. For the record...I know two other ORG members who test drove Harris' car twice and also felt no quirks with his transmission.

Harris claims that because Jeff authorized Tilley to drop the pan, he was under the "impression" it'd be ok to change the VB. No. Removing a part and then putting it back in, is completely different than replacing a part altogether.

Why is that when Harris needed something prior, Jeff would pick up the phone, he would talk to Harris, etc etc. Why would Jeff ignore Harris when Jeff had a brand new valve body waiting for Harris for nearly 3 months? A valve body that Jeff paid for out of his own pocket. Where is that logic in that, folks? Harris spoke to Jeff, and told Jeff that once his car was out of the body shop that he'd come to pick up the new VB. And he never did.

Harris also has a little qualm with another Org member whose name I will not mention. But let's just say that there was a good deal of constant nagging and harrassing as Harris tried to press this member for info about MT -- to the point where the member got very agitated, because despite complications he couldn't say anything terrible about MT.

Jeff has a database of 1250 customers -- 700 of those are us enthusiasts from car forums. Out of 700, Jeff says that he's only had problems with about 5 -- two of which being Harris and Zack. Now, however it may seem on these forums, a lot of these people who complain about Jeff never complain to him personally and they end up bashing him instead of trying to settle it with him. Harris...you voided the warranty of your transmission, which is why Jeff wouldn't work with you anymore. On top of that, it seems like you're fabricating stories about Jeff's shop that never happened. That's the simple matter of things.

Quick Reply: Not happy AT ALL with Maximum Tuning, never dealing with them again.