Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Why is RedlineMax a sponsor ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Why is RedlineMax a sponsor ?

Alright this is going to get quite lenghty..... ahmmmm.

Approx 9-10 weeks ago I have placed an order on "in stock"- per their website D2 Camber plates that someone from the 5th gen forum has linked me to. I needed the guts from those D2 plates to fix my JIC FLTA2 clunking pillow ball mounts, because JIC charges WAY too much for their parts and requires for me to purchase the WHOLE camber plate/upper strut mount.

So I paid for my order using PayPal- approx 190-200 dollars if I recall correctly. 2 weeks go by and I call them up, after getting ZERO reply other than "payment has been received" from PayPal. I dunno who I talk to but its always the same person, I was told that they are on order and I will see them soon. I wasn't in any BIG hurry at the time so I waited. 4th week has gone by and I'm starting to get a lil anxious to get my stuff, calls to RedlineMax where basically like this....
"we will call D2 and see if they where shipped out, give me your # and E-mail so I can contact you with the information I get"- I was assured a call back the same day. Week has gone by- no e-mail, no call.... I call again, took me approx 2 hours of trying to call till I finally got through and someone hung up on me right away- not cool.

I called back and I got the same person I always get, explain my situation- they asked me to mail them my information so they can investigate what is going on- now bare in mind this is 6th week now with no firm answer as to where are my D2 camber plates ! I tell them this is getting pathetic, I am a "1st time customer"- I reather give Ebay sellers the $$$ personally. I was assured a call back- once again, nothing came about.

On the 7th week I call up and I tell them, ok here is the deal I want my $$$ back because obviously I am not getting my stuff and I already purchased a set of these from a Ebay seller (which had them shipped to me in 4 days after I paid for em, hows that for customer service ?). They tell me IF the D2s have shipped out they can't give me my $$$ back and I will have to deal with it. I told them let me know, find out and call me back with the info. No call back.....

8th week now, I call up and I'm like where are my D2s ? Oooo you still havent gotten them ? Noooo I still have not. Person on the phone tells me to wait and he will call D2 now and see where my stuff is at. 5 min on hold he comes back on-line and asks me for my address.... I had to vent at that very moment, you mean to tell me after 8 weeks you still have NOT even placed an order for my stuff and now want my address to ship them out to me ? NO.

I explained to the guy quickly that he told me I won't get my $$$ back if D2 has already shipped these out. This basically shut him up for approx 2-3 seconds and he told me ok he can give me my $$ back. I asked for PayPal $$$ return, they tell me- PayPal is down. Someone "stole" their company credit card and racked up 6K dollars worth of charges on it, and at that time PayPal account was suspended for further investigation. I asked for a check, and I specifically said- I wanna see this check in *7* days or I will file a complaint with a appropriate buearu of investigation. Well its 14 days now and I am pissed.....

I'm not really pissed about anything bout not having my D2s, or my $$$ being stolen from me.... but that I ordered from these incompetent shmucks. To make things better I've started a thread bout this stuff with daily/weekly updates on the local Chicago Maxima forum. I don't think they will see any purchases from any of us Chicago folks in the very near future. I was very calm about everything for the whole time, but it looks like that hasn't gotten me anywhere.

RedlineMax- you got my phone #, you got my address and you have my E-mail.... have some dignity and send back my $$$.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM

just wow.....
Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 AM

Dosnt paypal refund you your money? file a complaint with paypal without contacting the seller. Paypal should take care of their problem and have your money sent back to you in like 30 days, its not your fault that they are having problems with their credit card. so file a complaint with paypal not the seller.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Banned

This seems like a trend with redline in the recent times with peoples orders. I think they should quit while they are ahead if they cant get things like this straight. Do not insist a call back if you obviously arent going to go forward with it, extremely bad business tactics if you ask me.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:55 AM

Posts like this make me not want to deal with Redlilnemax.

I contacted one of their reps through PM on here about a few of their "exclusive" products(ie CF 3.5L engine cover). My inquiry was simply if they had it in stock & what the .org discount would be. It's been 2 months now, still no reply.

IMO, not worth it!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:07 AM

I can't get anything done through PayPal- its been too long ago to file a claim with them. You only have a set amount of days to get your $$$ back.

I had a friend who got scammed in a similar way in the past, called the appropriate buearau inside the goverment and the company was under a few week long investigation. After a few weeks there was a check in the mail for the $$$ and the company seized to exist thanks to the feds.

I do not care about their " moving " situation they have been hiding behind for months.... I've seen shops move and they never had these problems. It makes me sick to my stomach looking at the .org banner with their name displayed in it, along with many people using their name in ther sig lines. How do you get sponsored by RedlineMax ? I now know how they can "sponsor" peoples cars- they take others $$$ and give away "freebies" to others. I mean sponsorship means you get to get stuff for free as long as you display company logo.... thats how every one of my sponsorships has worked in the past. Just cause you got hooked up on some brake pads for 10% less than some other place, and bought some bulbs from them- does not mean you are sponsored. It just means you are a f-kn moron for buying from them, waiting 4 weeks to get ur stuff for more $$$ than TireRack would charge you.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If your paypal account is tied to a credit card you could try a chargeback.

Paypal would most likely close your account though. Like thats a big loss.

Sorry to hear about your dilemna. I hope you get some satisfaction or a refund.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 PM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

ouch...out of courtesy, I will not jump on this one, but I understand your frustrations...i am dealing with another company (JRTsport.com) and the same scenario...my carbon fiber hood had some defects and I was promised a receive a $150 refund...that was in March!

please note. this is in no way associated with Redlinemax.com. I was posting because I can sympathize with the situation. I hope Corey makes things right. I know him and he is a good guy. The only thing he has against him is that he's bitten off more than he's been able to chew and I hope it doesn't ruin his business. He's put a lot of money and effort into bringing new parts to us. Unfortunately the service end has suffered and I think he's been making efforts to correct those issues. When I had issues with my original CF hood order, Corey bent over backwards to make things right, so I know he knows how to provide 1st class service...it just gets very hard when suppliers of suppliers promise parts and they fall through...and now your promises are no good either. It's like a snowball...it only takes a small ball before it becomes unmanagable. I hope for everyones sake, the issues get resolved and Redlinemax is able to get back on track. Blackbird...best of luck, and Corey, same to you. I hope that you are able to rectify the situation to both parties satisfaction.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM
大陆弟弟

They are still moving???? I luckily received a refund for a part ordered and didn't receive after a couple weeks, Chunie (spl?) took care of the situation.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Blackbird, I am taking care of this for you. You are correct My Identity was stolen, and therefore our paypal account was locked because the cards attached to our account were stolen. Chunie told me about sending a check but I have been working to get the paypal fixed so that I can send you the money instantly. I have been on the phone with the reps today and everything will be resolved today and you will have your refund by paypal today
Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by n3985
They are still moving???? I luckily received a refund for a part ordered and didn't receive after a couple weeks, Chunie (spl?) took care of the situation.

We just recently settled in to our new location. The move is finally complete. And yes, Irish took care of your issues and check. She is the one that handles those things.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Well I got my refund tonite, so its all said and done.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:18 AM

its funny how a post like this gets ur money back right away, you should have done this sooner