Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

1st warranty repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:30 PM

1st warranty repair

I posted on the fog lamp thread about my headlamp aiming, this morning I was goofing off outside the car and had the headlamps on, noticed the l/h low beam was not working. So I popped the hood thinking maybe a connection issue, instead I noticed that one of the retainers for the airbox was very loose and the 2 fasteners near the fender were not clamped down. I think looked down where the bulb goes into the headlamp body and saw a big round grey piece that appeared to have been broken off. I just bought this 06 SE last Sunday and here I was calling the dealer to see if they could get to me today. I loaded up the wife and kid and headed to the closest dealer (not the one where I bought it from). We arrive , they told me they would get to me shortly, which 1 hour and 40 minutes later the advisor came to us and told me something was broken on the headlamp and they were replacing it. 30 minutes later she told me they only had the HID style lamp in stock and had sent someone to get one elswhere, 1 hr roundtrip. finally hour and a half later we are on the road and I have a brand new headlamp on a brandnew car! I work as a service advisor for a Toyota dealer, so needless to say I was very disapointed in the timetable that we encountered, but at least my headlamp is fixed. Damn these new cars!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 03:52 AM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Should have bought a CAMRY........... J/K
Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
Should have bought a CAMRY........... J/K
I like the new Camry's but I don't fit well into them, legs are too long. Not to mention there is no comparison between the Max and the Camry, I love this car!! I am more pissed at the selling dealer than anything, this is something they should have caught before I took delivery.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Aren't the new Camrys supposed to be faster than our cars?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Aren't they about the same +/-, 268hp and weigh in at 3483lbs.. I could see them being a bit faster but they're not available in manuals, at least not the V6.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Apparition
Aren't they about the same +/-, 268hp and weigh in at 3483lbs.. I could see them being a bit faster but they're not available in manuals, at least not the V6.
neither is the new maxima...lolxz buh its all good...its still a toyota...
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
neither is the new maxima...lolxz buh its all good...its still a toyota...
true.. I wonder what the reasoning is behind not offering manuals, maybe less money cause they only have to make one type of tranny.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I don't think it was the camry, I heard that statement about the AVALON which if I am not mistaking its 300HP!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 PM

They aren't faster, I played with a salesman in a new Camry while going to lunch today, left him sitting. Avalons aren't faster either.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider
They aren't faster, I played with a salesman in a new Camry while going to lunch today, left him sitting. Avalons aren't faster either.
1) how do you know it wasn't the 4 cylinder you "played with?.." If it was the 6 you'd be neck and neck if you're an auto.

2) you're right avalons have the same engine and they're heavier.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:12 PM

1) how do you know it wasn't the 4 cylinder you "played with?.." If it was the 6 you'd be neck and neck if you're an auto.

2) you're right avalons have the same engine and they're heavier.
I know it was a 6 because I work at the dealership where the salesman works, I smoked him by about 2 car lengths, the Max was still pulling on him when we let out...
Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider
I know it was a 6 because I work at the dealership where the salesman works, I smoked him by about 2 car lengths, the Max was still pulling on him when we let out...
hmm well theres alot of factors but perhaps the camry doesnt make power until higher rpm, or maybe the gear ratios or shift points aren't as good.. who knows. Then theres driver error and it depends on what tranny you have, his only available tranny is an auto.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:04 PM

hmm well theres alot of factors but perhaps the camry doesnt make power until higher rpm, or maybe the gear ratios or shift points aren't as good.. who knows. Then theres driver error and it depends on what tranny you have, his only available tranny is an auto.
Mine is an auto. The salesman told me after lunch he knew the Maxima would smoke him, I was kinda surprised myself but not disapointed.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here's my first warranty repair and the ones soon to come.

I have an 06 Maxima SE that I got in Feb. I have the power sunroof and in May, I noticed my headliner was falling right behind the sunroof. There's not a dealership in my town so I had to drive 30 minutes. The car was ready the next day, I was out of town so my dad picked it up for me. Halfway home, the headliner fell. We were told they used double sided tape! I live in south Georgia, 100degree weather everyday, and my car is black. I couldn't believe they thought it would work! Well, my Dad didn't do anything until I returned. I called the dealership on the next Monday (one week from first trip) and told him it didn't work, and I was coming back. He called the next morning saying the adhesive wasn't holding and they would have to order a new headliner. Well, when that came in, I took the car back and left it for the week since I was gone once again. The headliner was replaced but something rattles and it has been getting worse.

About two weeks ago, I was cleaning my trunk. I have the lip spoiler on my Maxima and pinestraw had gotten stuck. When I was cleaning that out, I noticed that my spoiler wasn't attached very well. This too had adhesive that wasn't working. I've also begun to notice problems with the computer in the car. Numerous times, after cranking the car with the stereo completely off, a radio station will be on display but the system is off. Also, if I view TRIP or FUEL ECON, sometimes they will stay up for 10 seconds or so (long enough to read) and other times, they won't go away!

My car has 8,000 miles on it. The dealership that did the work is not the one I purchased from. I purchased at Troncalli Nissan in Atlanta since I will be attending Georgia Tech. Prestige Nissan of Thomasville, GA did the headliner repair. I'm holding off on the spoiler and computer until next week when I am in Atlanta and will take the car to Troncalli.

Has anyone else experienced problems of these sorts???

Thanks, KT