Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Great dealer experience in Montreal, Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 03:16 PM

Well, I think I have found my new dealer. Longueuil Nissan (450)-442-2000. They are right around Pratt & Whitney on the 132. (Between the L.H. tunnel and the J.C. bridge)

I brought my 2000 SE for the brake TSB (warped) and the bumper TSB (contact with trunk lid). I am also having them check some rattles, 2 in the cabin and one under the car at low RPM.

I bring the car in with the 2 TSB notes and the service person looks at me like I am some sort of fool. "We know about the problem. There will be no problem getting the fix." No questions about checking the rattles. The parts guys took 2 seconds to find the 20th AE stainless kickplates, which are on order.

They kept me updated throughout the day as to the status of my car and when some parts didn't make it (bumper clips) no questions about getting me a free loaner.

I will never go back to my original dealer, Auto Gouverneur in Laval. (bunch of !&^*^##$^&&*&*^*!&^&^)
Old 07-23-2001, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by bert
Well, I think I have found my new dealer. Longueuil Nissan (450)-442-2000. They are right around Pratt & Whitney on the 132. (Between the L.H. tunnel and the J.C. bridge)

I brought my 2000 SE for the brake TSB (warped) and the bumper TSB (contact with trunk lid). I am also having them check some rattles, 2 in the cabin and one under the car at low RPM.

I bring the car in with the 2 TSB notes and the service person looks at me like I am some sort of fool. "We know about the problem. There will be no problem getting the fix." No questions about checking the rattles. The parts guys took 2 seconds to find the 20th AE stainless kickplates, which are on order.

They kept me updated throughout the day as to the status of my car and when some parts didn't make it (bumper clips) no questions about getting me a free loaner.

I will never go back to my original dealer, Auto Gouverneur in Laval. (bunch of !&^*^##$^&&*&*^*!&^&^)
I'll keep it in mind, I heard a lot of people have had problems with Spinelli Nissan.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:25 PM

I went by Spinelli when I was looking for my car. I really hated the salesman evaluation card that they gave me. Not to mention that I knew more than the salesman. (which is not hard in these internet days) But above all they did not want to try to find the car I wanted, a manual non-black.

Gouverneur Botched the delivery, dirty car (demo), 2 days late, 1/8th a tank of gas, mispelled my name and got my address wrong (which they had photcopies of original records. Not to mention everything that I mentioned was wrong, and knew was covered under a TSB "Oh no, that's normal wear and tear."

For me it's simple, respect the warantee and keep me happy. That simple.

Where in Montreal are you? I am in Laval and work on the southshore.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:30 PM

I went by Spinelli when I was looking for my car. I really hated the salesman evaluation card that they gave me. Not to mention that I knew more than the salesman. (which is not hard in these internet days) But above all they did not want to try to find the car I wanted, a manual non-black.

Gouverneur Botched the delivery, dirty car (demo), 2 days late, 1/8th a tank of gas, mispelled my name and got my address wrong (which they had photcopies of original records. Not to mention everything that I mentioned was wrong, and knew was covered under a TSB "Oh no, that's normal wear and tear."

For me it's simple, respect the warantee and keep me happy. That simple.

Where in Montreal are you? I am in Laval and work on the southshore.
I live on the west island, about 5-10 minute drive from Spinelli. D.D.O.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:17 PM

Well, just to update everyone, and hopefully steer someone their way, everything wound up fine at Longueuil Nissan. There were a few things, a spot of dirt on the seat which was cleaned in 2 minutes and some dirt around the car (hand prints) which is understandable since I have a white car.

Never a question of charging me, no fast ones. Free rental due to back ordered parts.

To boot, (this is a surprise for Montreal) they are open Wednesday and Thursday nights 'till 9!!!!

Pure pleasure to work with! Any more and DaveB would be working there!

Go there.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:21 PM

Vive la Québec

Well, just to update everyone, and hopefully steer someone their way, everything wound up fine at Longueuil Nissan. There were a few things, a spot of dirt on the seat which was cleaned in 2 minutes and some dirt around the car (hand prints) which is understandable since I have a white car.

Never a question of charging me, no fast ones. Free rental due to back ordered parts.

To boot, (this is a surprise for Montreal) they are open Wednesday and Thursday nights 'till 9!!!!

Pure pleasure to work with! Any more and DaveB would be working there!

Go there.
Montreal makes you appreciate the Maxima. And though I have been around the world aye yigh yigh, I have never experienced more beautiful women anywhere else including Paris. Used to go with a fille in boisbriand but the customs was killing me each weekend.... :-)
Old 08-07-2001, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by mtl95se

I live on the west island, about 5-10 minute drive from Spinelli. D.D.O.
Same here...I'm in Pointe Claire.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:21 PM

hehe cool i work in a building practically next to the longeueil nissan

i went there to pick up an oil filter...
not to mention my first oil change when i got my 96 manual...

So far they seem pretty cool.