Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Stay Away From Bay Ridge Nissan!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 01:06 PM

Try to stay away from them for any kind of work at all!
It took them over 2 hours to do my last oil change and it always takes at least 1.5 hours... They have a sign saying 30 mins or less or you next oil change is free. Guess what, when asked about that policy, they say 30 mins form the time the mechanic gets your car!! Ha ha, so wait for 2 hours and get the oil change in 20 mins is fine!!

Besides, they lie about everything and try to rip you off on their prices... When I had my rotors warped and didn't know about the XXXX they charged me to change my pads and cut my rotors! When I bought the car, they promised life time free oil change, and guess what!? That is only if you follow their "maintenance schedule". Which is $100-$300 every 4K miles. I will have to scan the list for you guys to see how ridiculous their $hit is!

STAY AWAY FROM BAY RIDGE NISSAN!!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:15 PM
I'm needing a caw

Bastards! That crap is just too much. I feel for you.

Originally posted by Chuvak
Try to stay away from them for any kind of work at all!
It took them over 2 hours to do my last oil change and it always takes at least 1.5 hours... They have a sign saying 30 mins or less or you next oil change is free. Guess what, when asked about that policy, they say 30 mins form the time the mechanic gets your car!! Ha ha, so wait for 2 hours and get the oil change in 20 mins is fine!!

Besides, they lie about everything and try to rip you off on their prices... When I had my rotors warped and didn't know about the XXXX they charged me to change my pads and cut my rotors! When I bought the car, they promised life time free oil change, and guess what!? That is only if you follow their "maintenance schedule". Which is $100-$300 every 4K miles. I will have to scan the list for you guys to see how ridiculous their $hit is!

STAY AWAY FROM BAY RIDGE NISSAN!!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:18 PM

XXXX => I meant to say TSB. Sorry about that.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:41 PM

nissan dealers

this is pretty much all nissan dealers they try to rip you off i took my 18" rims off and forgot to remove the concentric plastic rings that supposed to help center the rims so i put my stocks back on in the winter then all of a sudden wobble,wobble car was shaking like son of a ***** so i took it to the nissan dealer here in nj route 440 jersey city they told me i needed 4 new rims that they were bent i laughed at this wasnt actually there i had my girl friend bring it for me i was at work. there was no way they were bent. so i took it to an STS and they removed the plastic rings that i foolishly left in good as new stupid me oh well. Nissan will rip you off especially if you know nothing about cars..
Old 08-11-2001, 05:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hmm, yeah i wasn't too happy with their service either...

I went to Bay Ridge Nissan to get a diagnostic check up for my old 3rd gen. So they said come early in the mourning and we'll be done in 1 hour. I came before they even opened and gave my car in, describing the problems etc... I won't get into details much but I got the car back at around 5 in the afternoon. They found some problems and I agreed on having them do them. First they quoted me around 1,400$ to replace an injector, clean injectors, do lower control arm bushings and cv joints I had them replace the injector and run the diagnosis. It took them half a day and they assured me the problem with my gas milage would be solved, but what do you know.. it wasn't. I can't trust Nissan dealers to do any service on this car. They overcharge yet their service is no better then a local mechanic.

What's messed up is they treated you like **** even though you bought the car there. I thought they treat the people with vehicles under warranty and brand new ones very well.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:48 AM

Re: hmm, yeah i wasn't too happy with their service either...

hey,if i were actually there i would have made a fool out of them with that story.when im there i can say they treat me well i have no complaints also ive grown to know some of the guys there now so that also helps.the more you get understand about cars the less the chance of you being ripped of..