Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

NIssan C/s is an Oxymoron

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 AM

NIssan C/s is an Oxymoron

I know this is a beaten-dead horse....but I have to vent.

I have been trying to get my engine replaced under the oil-loss diagnosis for over 6 months now.
Sparing you all the details, I am really mad about the lack of customer service response from Nissan's Consumer Affairs dept.

I have registered yet another service ticket for my issues, approx one month ago. At that time the c/s rep. promised me a 24-48 hr response from a REgional Service Advisor.
To date it has been 20 days with not even a response from Nissan.
I have called 6 times to complain, and each time they either stonewall me, or "accidentally" disconnect me.

I am SO MAD, and simply because I can't even get an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from the Reg. advisor at Nissan to tell me what to do next.

In my 36 years, I have NEVER had such terrible Custome Service....bar-NONE!

I can't get a name, a number, or even a SUPERVISOR to escalate my simple request to have someone CALL mE BACK....let alone advise me on my warranty claim.
Never again Nissan -- NEVER AGAIN!

**IF anyone knows the name of a regional service rep. or the email of a management or suprvisory figure in the company, please let me know.**

gr
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

every person you talk to ask for their superior's name and their name as well as employee ID #. this way they will no disconnect you and will be much more careful as you now have the proper info to complain with. ask for names and employee numbers always. good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Torgus
every person you talk to ask for their superior's name and their name as well as employee ID #. this way they will no disconnect you and will be much more careful as you now have the proper info to complain with. ask for names and employee numbers always. good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 AM

Ive done this EVERY time, except once.
It does NO GOOD.
They will not give out Supervisor's names or extensions, or the Reg. Advisors' names or ext's.
If you call back, you will NEVER get a live body - only VM.
I was told today, that they have the option to hang-up on me if they feel they cannot help me any further....which means, you accept the protocol, of internal email - or you get nothing.

It's a TOTAL conspiracy. They suck to the highest degree!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

give me the number. i'd like to call and i'm bored of doing school work.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Torgus
give me the number. i'd like to call and i'm bored of doing school work.
Not sure what good it will do you, but 1-800-647-7261, opt. 7, opt. 1 >> will get you to the c/s line.

The ONLY response you'll get is, "we'll start a file number, and a Reg. Advisor will call you back within 24-48 hours".

Again - I've been waiting over 20 days, and NOBODY from NNA has called me back. They have ALL of my contact info...I've verified it six times now!
gr

.....don't say it 'sooner'....don't say it!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider17
.....don't say it 'sooner'....don't say it!!!
lol

Originally Posted by torgus
every person you talk to ask for their superior's name and their name as well as employee ID #
theres no point.. i wouldnt give somebody any of that info if i planned on screwing them over.. i'd probably make up some bullsh*t about how im not allowed to do give out any of that info.. place them on hold, and "mistakingly" disconnect them
Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Follow every phone call with a letter to the Nissan USA President and cc the Better Business Bureau and the Iowa Department of Consumer Affairs. Make sure you detail dates and times as well as any juicy quotes from their staff. Make sure your letter is well written and not emotional, just the fact, as they say. They do respond to those..

I've been successful with letters in the past because there's trail you can use in court (you can tell them that you are consulting with an attorney - it may help). With voice mail, it's a you-said they-said thing.

Keep pushing, they don't want to spend a dime, but can't afford a bad reputation. You'll tell all your friends who will tell their friends how bad their service is. That will hurt them and they know it.

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:33 PM

I finally got a call from a Regional Svc. Advisor today.

Needless to say, the answer, was "Bend Over and take it".
They WILL NOT tell me what the Oil COnsumption Ratio SHOULD BE, and they will ONLY listen to what the DEALER is telling them.
THey will NOT look at the records at the dealership (which clearly state they are lying) and they are only offering me the opportunity to go thru the same utterly subjective process at another local dealer.

As if they won't KNOW I'm coming, and what to say to me.

I'm not giving-up yet -- but i have to say....I'm in SHOCK at how glib Nissan is being over this issue.

I think I'm going to PAY for a Crankcase manifold Pressure test and use it as evidence to further my cause. This is TOTAL highway robbery.

gr
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM

I know you're baked with Nissan right now, but I wanted to offer some insight for you. I thought Nissan was a rarety also, but they aren't. My husband had an 06 Tundra double cab. We discovered that with only 5300 on the odometer, that he had substantial rust under the truck. It was so bad that Toyota noticed it while changing his oil (under our purchasing contract), and called their regional rep. We were also promised a calll back whenever we asked about it. We finally sold the truck in July, ask if we have received a call yet?!?!?!

Moral of this story, no dealership wants to deal with a mess, and will do what they can to get out of it......

Good luck.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:20 AM

YEah - I have to admit....I'm just about done with this.
But I will still write letters and **** people off.
It's just AMAZING how bad this situation is.

I even considered buying an extended warrany - but guess what? That wouldn't be worth the paper is was written-on, b/c at the end of the day - the entire warranty process is TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE.

I'm still in awe of how badly they have treated me.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If there was any chance you could make it down to NY I know for SURE you would not have a problem getting a new engine...I got mine replaced with no hassle. Car was brought in and 2 hours later I got a call saying the new engine will be ordered. You shouldnt have to deal with their crap. Nissan doesnt want to be screwed out of $10k but you cannot let it go.

All I can say is go to a different dealer and if you actually end up getting a new engine, go to the other place that denied the new engine and stick it in their face. It will show them how incompetant and inefficient they were. I say consult with an attorney. Just show up there one say requesting copies of all the work done and if the service tech asks why tell him "Oh my attorney wanted me to have all copies of work performed here before he files a claim against Nissan"...hahaha

I may have missed it in your other posts but how bad is your consumption? Do you drive hard?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider17
Ive done this EVERY time, except once.
It does NO GOOD.
They will not give out Supervisor's names or extensions, or the Reg. Advisors' names or ext's.
If you call back, you will NEVER get a live body - only VM.
I was told today, that they have the option to hang-up on me if they feel they cannot help me any further....which means, you accept the protocol, of internal email - or you get nothing.

It's a TOTAL conspiracy. They suck to the highest degree!

You are so right. Their entire system from top to bottom is corrupt. And I believe it is their strategy to care less about their customers and thus cut costs and increase profit.

Moreover, the Nissan dealers know about this very well. So they too have the audacity to behave according to their own free will with their customers. I have already purchased my last Nissan.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by tonyw
Follow every phone call with a letter to the Nissan USA President and cc the Better Business Bureau and the Iowa Department of Consumer Affairs. Make sure you detail dates and times as well as any juicy quotes from their staff. Make sure your letter is well written and not emotional, just the fact, as they say. They do respond to those..

I've been successful with letters in the past because there's trail you can use in court (you can tell them that you are consulting with an attorney - it may help). With voice mail, it's a you-said they-said thing.

Keep pushing, they don't want to spend a dime, but can't afford a bad reputation. You'll tell all your friends who will tell their friends how bad their service is. That will hurt them and they know it.

Good luck.

Does sending letters to the president really help? Where can I get the address of the president's office?