Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Crown Nissan - St. Petersburg, FL

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Incognito

Crown Nissan - St. Petersburg, FL

So heres the story. Last week before installing my HID Kit I realized I have fog lights (lol) the tiny 2nd projector housing in the headlight. Anyways Ive had the car for about 4 weeks now and I never attempted to use them. So I try to turn them on... Nothing. They don't work. Both bulbs are either burned out or a fuse/short is causing them to not turn on. So I dropped my car off Wednesday at the stealership to get my "Shimmy" fixed again and told them about the fogs not working. After work I go to pick up the car and talk to the Shop Manager. I asked him about the fogs and he said the used car manager told him he wasn't allowed to replace the bulbs because I installed an aftermarket HID kit... I almost slapped him. I didnt realize a plug and play HEADLIGHT kit would cause my Fog lights that never worked to break.

Managers name is Ted Parks
Service Manager is Stan Williams (hes cool Ted is a ****)

FYI Stay away from Crown Nissan in St. Pete, FL
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Aftermarket Fog Lights

My technicians are not going to spend hours trying to diagnose which wires some other individual spliced together with an aftermarket kit. It most certainly DID make the factory ones inoperative. It is not the dealerships responsibility after the factory connections were tampered with, so yes we will stand behind our decision of not fixing your aftermarket fog lights.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by tedp2001
My technicians are not going to spend hours trying to diagnose which wires some other individual spliced together with an aftermarket kit. It most certainly DID make the factory ones inoperative. It is not the dealerships responsibility after the factory connections were tampered with, so yes we will stand behind our decision of not fixing your aftermarket fog lights.
He never said he made the fogs HIDs.... He said the stock bulbs were burned out, maybe you should suck it up and pay the 90 cents a bulb and put em in for free for being so dumb Ted
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Have bought 3-4 cars from Crown and the service has always been good! The sales manager is cool too and we get most of our parts there. Since my buddy owns a few dealerships back home I have some insite, when you alter stock wiring, you can't expect the dealer to pay for the other things that go wrong. That being said I have put HIDS on both headlights and both sets of fogs on both our cars....I just dont expect the dealership to fix the problems that arise from it...

G/L
Old 05-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well 95maxed, speaking of being dumb, maybe you should go back to elementary school and learn how to read basic English and read the entire blog. The wires leading to the fog lights were spliced into from the HID kit that he installed, which in turn made the fog lights inoperative. How is that my fault? So genius, it was NOT a 90 cent bulb... if it was that simple I would have replaced them.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you for the support burgy, you are obviously a good down to earth customer and we appreciate customers like you. We can do without those customers who have some back yard hack do their wiring and screw it up, then bring it in to us and expect us to diagnose and repair it for free. Of course when we don't do it, then they want to try to bash us online to make us look bad. We are a very honest dealership and next time you are in, come see me and I'll get you a discount on your parts. Thanks again!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 AM

Strangely he stated the hid.kit was PLUG N PLAY which all ive ever seen are... connect the harness to the ballast and then to bulb...then.the connection from ballast ugs into factory wiring...so theres really no reason for "splicing" to the OP can we see pictures of your HID kit wiring...if its all plug an play as stated no warantee should he voided due to that....that would be just another example of a dealership selling a car and not standing behind it like most do cause theyre cheap. HOWEVER if indeed you did cut and splice wiring...that would void any warantee due to altered oem components...so lets see some pics to prove whether or not this dealer is being cheap an shady....
Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM

Oh and correct me if im wong but. SERVICE manager has the authority to fix whatever needs to be fixed whereas a sales manager used car manager doesnt...they are there to SELL cars not fix them...whens the last time you seen a sales manager turn a wrench...half the time theyre selling a car they know nothing about.... but again you could have worded that wrong...is he sales manager or the main manager from dealership??