Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Maroone Nissan of Delray Beach, FL

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
wants an I35

Maroone Nissan of Delray Beach, FL

have had several interactions with them over the past few months but never purchased anything or any service through the front. ive always driven directly to the back and talked with a tech named EROL. he is a good guy, smart, helpful, honest.

today i called them about doing a couple of random things and first off, when i called and asked for someone in service, they transferred me to a voicemail system.....twice. i called back again, a third time, and said clearly that i did not want to be put through to voicemail. once again....transferred to a voicemail. its monday morning at 10 am and they couldnt get ahold of someone to give me a quote....wtf is that

once i finally got ahold of someone he quoted me 125 for replacing the serp belt (1 hour labor - which is BS, this job, with a lift and a tech and a torque wrench takes 35 mins tops). i called back again to ask a different question and happened to ask about the cost of this job again and a different person said 90 plus tax....

no organization, no professionalism. im gonna take my chances with a local mechanic. **** these snakes
Old 12-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Ridin' Spinnaz

I've had bad dealings with Maroone in the past (though it was the one on Northlake in Palm Beach Gardens, and then the one in Miami)... I'd never go back.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
wants an I35

so i went there just to buy the serpentine belt on wednesday. went to the parts desk, which was empty, and waited. and waited. i finally walked over to a salesman and said "can someone please help me?". he said "yea ill call someone over". meanwhile there are two or three salesmen on "break" watching me from about 10 feet away.

5 minutes go by. im still waiting. finally this lady comes around from the back and asks what she can do to help me. i said "I need a serpentine belt for my 97 maxima, the A/C/alternator belt, not the power steering". she says "ok", looks down at a computer, and says "we dont carry the alternator serpentine belt, all we have is the compressor belt and power steering belt".

now anyone with any sort of analytical thinking skills could have assumed that SINCE IT IS NOT THE POWER STEERING BELT THAT I REQUESTED, THE "compressor" BELT IS PROBABLY WHAT IM LOOKING FOR - ESPECIALLY SINCE I SAID THE "A/C" BELT IN MY ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION. this is a ****ing PARTS PERSON and she cant put it together.

STRIKE 1.

so while waiting there originally for her to show up, i was looking at this display case with all NISMO and Nissan gadgets and other random things. i saw a tumbler that looked good, a keychain, a knife and a hat. so after the belt issue was corrected, i started asking about prices for these things. "how much is the buck knife?" i said. she said, "hold on lemme look it up". so she goes to the case, gets a code off the knife, has to look the code up in a book to get a unit number, and then enter the unit number in the computer to get a price.........holy ****ing ****.

STRIKE 2.

i said forget it, just tell me how much the Maxima keychain is. so she goes through the process again, and says 10 dollars. i said fine, ill take that and the belt. $35.66 is my total.
so i pay my bill, put my keys on my new keychain and continue on to the supermarket.
i get to the checkout at the supermarket, reach into my pocket to get some exact change, and the ****ing keychain has come apart into three peices. IN MY POCKET no less than 25 minutes from purchasing it. i saw, when it was apart, that there was only one little plastic nubbin holding the two sides of it together. horrible craftsmanship.

the parts area had closed, so i had to wait until thursday to return.
i get there thursday after work, and ONCE AGAIN HAVE TO WAIT for someone to help me. its this same stupid *****. i explain to her that it just came apart, with no physical force whatsoever, in my pocket. she says, "do you want a new one?". i said "no, i just want my money back". she says "well, we dont do refunds here. you can just take a replacement or you can mail away to nissan or we can process a check once the quality control issue is resolved". all this for 10 dollars......i said fine. the 10 dollars dont even matter, its about professionalism at this point. standing behind your product, or employee or customer service. i just want the 10 dollars back so they dont get to keep it.

STRIKE ****ING 3.

oh yea while i was there i was listening to another tech talk to this 60 year old woman about "maintenance issues" and a clicking noise when she turns on her 98 altima. he was saying things like "timing belt replacement", "200 dollars for spark plugs" oh yea and my favorite "complete tire safety inspection and diagnostic" rofl. i think he was quoting her $1500 plus for getting rid of clicking when she turned..........

Last edited by ROCKART; 12-21-2007 at 08:16 AM.