Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

deutschepartsusa BAD, RIPOFF ARTIST

Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 AM

deutschepartsusa BAD, RIPOFF ARTIST

http://myworld.ebay.com/deutschepartsusa

Ebay purchase of 6 2000 nissan maxima ignition coils.
As soon as I get them and put them on, CEL. Had code read at advance it was complaining about ignition P1320 code.
Complained to deutsche about it and they did send me another set, after waiting a week for any kinda reply from them. I sent first set back to them.
Recieved second set and same CEL, had code read again P1320.
Complained yet again, another delayd reply on their part. Requested my money back, they asked for coils back. So I sent them back on the basis of getting my money back.
They got the coils back, but I sit here to this day with no refund. They wont return my emails, phone calls, and since its over 60 days since purchase paypal and ebay wont do anything. They wont respond to squaretrade either.

At one point on one of their auctions for these coils it stated no P1320 code.
They removed that though.

They are out of NY, so I sent a complaint to the Attorney General in NY, still waiting a reply from that.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

deutschepartsusa

Same thing although just got my coils today, I have a scanner and soon as they were installed checked and p1320 code without hesitation, cleared it three times after checking the connections etc... came right back. I installed my old ones took about an hour to get the code again so its their coils for sure. Took them straight out of the car, boxed and emailed asking for a refund we will see what happens after reading this I won't wait long to dispute with Paypal. Really poor quality, noticed that straight out of the box
Old 03-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought Ignition Coils from deutschepartsusa on Ebay Many times for my customers who have Nissan vehicles. The product & Service is absolutely great!

You have to be careful on the Production date of the 2000-2001(production date upto 5/2000) Maxima & infiniti i30 (07/99-5/2000) Part # 22448-2Y000 & 22448-2Y005
The ones after 2001 Maxima & i30 for a Year have the same Coils but different Module inside, which are # 22448-2Y001 & 22448-2Y007 (06/2000-06/2001 Prod. date)

Remember after this problem, you take it to the dealer, he thrives on it & says "dont use aftermarket Parts" thats bull****, they only want you to buy their stuff with those inflate Prices(over 2 times)!!!

I hope this Helps....
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Old 12-02-2008, 01:53 AM

Sorry to revive this thread.

Anyway, I have recently purchased a set of 00 Maxima Ignition Coils from eBay seller deutschepartsusa.

It all started when my car started misfiring and a P0303 code showed up. Subsequently the code P1320 also came up.

So I bought a set of ingition coils from deutschepartsusa.
The reason I bought them from this seller is because:
1. The eBay ad claims that the coils are made in Japan by HT (I assumed it was Hitatch).
2. The picture shown on its page are of the original parts with the grey dots.
3. I have emailed several buyers who had purchased the coils, the ones that replied me said they were working flawlessly.
4. The seller has a rating of 99.3%

I live in Canada and I had the coils shipped to the border to save $40 of Duties. Anyway, when the coils arrived, they were not Hitatchi (surprised?). And it was clearly made in China.

Went back home and installed the coils. The car ran excellent, but the SES, TCS OFF, and SLIP lights were all on. The underlying code was P1320. So I put my stock ones back on and purchased a Beck Arnley coil to replace the one that was broken; everything went back to normal.

Clearly, the coils were faulty.

I do not believe the seller was intentionally selling defective parts; its their supplier's fault. But the parts descriptions were misleading nonetheless.

UPDATE: The seller has received the coils and I have been issued a full refund, including shipping cost, upon request. This seller is very honest. deutschepartsusa is NOT a ripoff artist.

Although deutschpartsusa is selling some bad coils for the maxima, I believe it sells other quality parts of the same supplier. Give this seller a chance for other products; just stay way from their coils for the Maxima.

Last edited by LoveSick; 12-08-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

This is a really late bump - but I'll just add to this that the knock sensor this guy sells are fake

I bought an "OEM" knock sensor from this guy earlier in the year. I installed the knock sensor along with a fresh engine/complete overhaul of the car and I could not for the life of me figure out why my car was barely driveable. It ran like absolute CRAP when it warmed up. I was digging into my fuel system, swapped fuel pumps several times, swapped out an endless array of ignition coils, messed around with my timing endlessly, and was nearly on the verge of pulling the engine back out and digging into it because I was resigned to thinking that the timing chain(s) was/were off a tooth or two.

It turns out it was this guy's POS knock sensor. I bypassed the knock sensor with a resistor and it instantly cured my problem.

Now, for whatever reason, it appears a ton of 4th and 5th gen guys here have used eBay/fake knock sensors with no issues at all. But deutschepartsusa's "OEM" knock sensor sure wreaked havoc on my VE and made me nearly pull my hair out over weeks of trying to diagnose it
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I know its very late for replying to this post as i am new on the forum & came across this topic. I purchased & installed Ignition coils set for my 2001maxima in june 2009. So far i dont have any issue with coils. My Friends having Maxima & Infinity also bought parts from deutschepartsusa for 3 years without any problem in parts, service or price.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Crooks

Those criminals at Deutschepartsusa.com are still at it. Here's how the scam worked on me:

I bought the "OEM quality" (pause ... not) coils for my wife's Honda minivan (sorry, I'm not a Maxima owner, but wanted to share the knowledge on these guys) on 5/7/11. The parts looked extremely cheap when I got them. I contacted them right away, and since they seemed willing to handle things well, I returned only 2 of the 6 coils for a partial refund, keeping the 4 better ones (yes, better, not good. All 6 were different! They looked hand made). They reassured me that the parts had a 1-year manufacturer's (Hamburg-Technic, which I think must be based in Hamburg, China) warranty which I could use by contacting them. I believe DP USA = Hamburg-Technic.

4 of the 6 original coils in this minivan lasted past 195k miles. After replacing two with OEM (Hitachi) ones after they failed, I figured I'd just replace all of them at this point. So I replaced the 4 originals (still working, and actually by now, back in the car and running fine) with the DP ones.

Two of the 4 DP coils failed in August and I contacted them to arrange warranty return. On 8/25/11 they emailed me with the warranty return info. I shipped them back, then contacted them in mid-Sept when I had not heard anything. I hoped for a refund, but they insisted on shipping me new parts, which I am convinced are defective and will fail.

In an email on 9/15/11, they promised to send me new coils. No info since then, despite dozens of voicemails I've left and emails sent. Their phone # is 917 539 3636. It goes straight to voicemail. They have a surpsisingly high feedback on ebay, 99+%, but if you just google for deutschepartsusa, you'll see plenty of people who have been ripped off by these guys.

These websites show some reviews and their address:

630 1st Ave Apt 31R, New York, NY 10016

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...36/review/list

http://www.yellowbot.com/reviews-deu...-york-ny.html#

Now that the paypal / ebay protection window has closed, they act as if they are free to do what they want.

Please save yourself a headache by not dealing with these guys.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Update - those crooks fought it hard, but finally lost and justice was served. Even though the eBay/payPal clock runs out after 45 days, the credit card (Discover, in my case here) clock lasts for 6 months. I disputed it through the credit card, DeutschePartsUSA lied - saying they never received the 4 coils I returned, I presented email evidence where they admitted they had them and were debating whether to refund vs. ship replacements, and it was finally resolved in my favor with a full refund (chargeback) for the 4 coils I returned.

So to summarize in case it can help anyone in the future:
1. stay away from those guys
2. if you bought with a credit card, you can probably have 6 months to file a dispute. I guess this is another reason to always use a credit card to fund your payPal purchase, rather than a direct bank account debit that payPal wants you to use. If I had done that, I'd be out of luck.
3. Save your emails - tougher for them to lie that way.

Last edited by deutschepartsUSAripoff; 01-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.