Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Disappointing Service - Miller Nissan (Van Nuys, CA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:00 PM

Disappointing Service - Miller Nissan (Van Nuys, CA)

Well, I gave them another shot and the service was disappointing.

Has anyone else experienced disappointing customer service at Miller Nissan in Van Nuys, California?

Back in 2005, I brought my car in for an oil change with the standard 27 point inspection. I could tell from the Service Writer's body language that he was not happy that I did not agree to buy one of their Yellow, Green, etc. service packages. Nevertheless, he took my car and the work was done. However, when I returned to pickup my car, the Service Writer did not even grant me the courtesy of saying hello and giving me a brief recap of what happened. Instead, I was sent to the cashier, paid, and was given my paperwork by the cashier. I left there feeling like a 2nd class citizen -- though I did pay good money for the oil change and more than I would have paid elsewhere.

For the last 3 years, I have been getting my service and parts from Keyes Nissan in Woodland Hills. A nicer experience with better customer service. Plus, their parts prices are more reasonable.

Today, I was in a pinch for time and took my car to Miller Nissan for an oil change. They are closer geographically than Keyes. The Service Writer remarked that an oil change automatically comes with a multi-point inspection. In fact, the mailer they sent out promised a 100-point (??) inspection with every service order. The Service Writer was nice enough and did not prod for upgrades. They did the work. However, when I picked up the car the Service Writer had left for the day and there was absolutely no checklist showing what was checked and confirmed OK -- 27 points or 100 points; just notes on my service ticket on a few items needing attn. That left me stuck wondering if I myself needed to now check the AT fluid, check the brake fluid, check the tire pressure, check the power steering fluid, etc. Ugh. I guess I will just have to trust that they followed a std routine, were thorough, and topped off the fluids where necessary.

Sorry all. The experience is fresh. I am venting. All will be well. I am sure there is a logical explanation. A simple mistake of some sort. They forgot to use the inspection form or forgot to submit it with the paperwork or don't use a form or ...

I was honestly looking forward to reviewing the form and seeing what is included in their advertised 100-point inspection. Oh well.