Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Dallas County Auto Salvage

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dallas County Auto Salvage

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! DALLAS COUNTY AUTO SALVAGE GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS

If you're trying to source used parts from a salvage yard, DO NOT USE DALLAS COUNTY AUTO SALVAGE!! They have sent me the wrong transmission twice now. I've been expecting Chris Owens(who is the owner of this company) to return my phone calls and give me resolution for over a week now. Everyone there has been rude and short with me over the phone on a # of different occasions. Their customer service is beyond horrible!! I mean we're not talking about a $30 starter here. I paid them $1,000 a month ago, I still have no transmission, I have no answer on WTF is going on and my daily driver has been down the whole time. This place sucks ***** to the fullest extent so I thouhgt I'd give the Maxima community some feedback on this slack jawed yokel salvage yard.

End rant
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM

yeah, they blow a$$, I've heard horror stories of people getting ripped from their. they got me once with a rear axle-beam for my old r/t neon... it was bent and wouldn't even mount! no refund, no nothing... they suck! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Unfortunately, most junkyards are full of a bunch of retards. I've always just used Al's (either on 2nd Ave. or on 310), but now they're both LKQ. LKQ promptly came in and removed all of the posted prices, and they try to charge you outrageous prices unannounced when you're ready to pay. The majority of the time they try to charge you for the wrong part (which of course is always a higher price). Not to mention if you're white they think they can take advantage of you with the price

Worst of all, there's a moron loudmouth at the entrance gate (can't remember which location) and he without fail manages to drop/scatter my tools all over the counter