Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Do NOT buy from "motorblvd"

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Do NOT buy from "motorblvd"

(Cliff notes towards the bottom)

I purchased the ebay exhaust about a month ago from the ebay seller "motorblvd" and wasn't satisfied with the product (link to product below). I contacted the seller about how the exhaust didn't line up. Keep in mind, this is what is listed on their item description, "This is a direct bolt-on replacement, no modifications needed." Well that wasn't the case when I got mine installed. I had two exhaust leaks because everything didn't line up correctly. Midas (where I got it installed) tried to fix them but still isn't lined up 100%.

At first when I contacted them, they said to ship it back if i wasn't satisfied with the product for partial refund. Then they said or I have the option to resell it. (why the heck would anyone buy this if it doesn't fit correctly?) Then I got a message from a supervisor apologizing at the option I received earlier and asked for pictures. I sent them pictures and they said they'll get in touch with their technician about it and go from there. I waited a couple days and still no reply. I asked them what's going on and they said the technician left for the day so will check with him another day. I waited some more. Towards the end, they said they will check with a supervisor to see how much refund I will get. I waited some more. Yesterday I got a message saying he spoke with the supervisor and the partial refund request was not approved (why say that I will be getting a partial refund and then turn it down?) but will offer a full refund if I ship the exhaust back on my cost (they're located in Canada so I won't be doing that). I messaged them back yesterday asking what happens with the installation fee I had to pay to get it installed and mentioned that I welded on a dual tipped exhaust so that really wasn't an option. They said again that they will not pay for shipping but will give full refund if I returned the item.

To sum it up, the product wasn't as advertised. Communication wasn't great. And they wouldn't work with the customer.

I made a mistake buying from them because my brother (drives a 02 SE) bought an ebay exhaust about 2 months ago and didn't have ANY fitment issues. I should have just bought it from the same seller he did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...86485&viewitem=
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM

this whole fiasco that you're going through is pretty pointless. if you look at the listing, it has Ebay buyer protection. which means that if the situation is not made right, you get a FULL refund PLUS shipping costs from Ebay.

Last edited by 5 ltr. beater; 05-05-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
STFU n00b!

You get what you pay for. A good muffler ALONE is more than the price of that entire exhaust.
What did you expect to get? (.... There's reasons I don't buy cheap made in China sheit on ebay......)

Plus their ad specifically says if the thing doesn't fit, they will issue a return label at their cost. you should have sent it back instead of letting the local greasy monkey screw with it.