Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Crutchfield question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 08:18 PM

Crutchfield question

Is crutchfield a good place to buy stereo equipment. I was thinking about a new head unit for my 98 se. A plus for me is the easy installion instruction and techinal support offered since I'm such as idiot when it comes to installing electronics. Please reply. thanks
Old 01-17-2002, 08:20 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Good customer service, good warrantys, but you pay for it. Expensive place.

If you are poor ebay is your friend.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:28 PM

I heard that they are expensive. Ebay is a good place but you never know with some of the stuff that you get. In other words, I had several bad experiences. They are selling me with the easy installions aspect.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:49 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Crutchfield question

from my experiences with them(4 speakers, two amps and a couple wiring kits)....the service and tech support is on point, BUT like someone already said.....you pay for it in the price, but I must admit I've sound SOME okay deals with them...not too many though! but yeah, I reccomend them 100%!

Originally posted by mikese
Is crutchfield a good place to buy stereo equipment. I was thinking about a new head unit for my 98 se. A plus for me is the easy installion instruction and techinal support offered since I'm such as idiot when it comes to installing electronics. Please reply. thanks
Old 01-18-2002, 06:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just to 2nd (3rd, 4th?) what others have said, prices are a little high, but the technical support and customer service are excelent. I bought my car alarm from them and they were able to tell me exactly what I needed for my car. On the other hand, if I was going to buy something very basic, like an amplifier, I would look for the best price.

For a head unit, their install kit, instructions and customer support are probably worth a paying a little extra for, particularly if you are not an expert at stereo installation.

BTW with a head unit crutchfield incudes an install kit that would cost about $30 (depending on car) and wiring harness (about $10-15) that you would have to buy separatly if you went elsewhere. I have never changed a radio on a Maxima, so I am not sure what install kit is required. If you bought a single din unit, you would probably get a small pocket to go below the radio.

*cough* wrong forum *cough*
Old 01-18-2002, 06:21 AM

Yes

They have quick delivery and good customer service but I just use them for their catalog to get my stuff from SBHcorp.com or smilephotovideo.com.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:36 AM
Very sound, Mike

I'd agree with what everyone says here, HOWEVER, i don't mind the higher prices. Why?

Coz i have the Blue from Amex Low-Price-Guarantee protection from Amex themselves.

If i see, say, an HU at Crutchfield for $299 and see it in some shady site online for $149 all i have to do is call up Amex and file for a refund and send them the links to both sites + the receipt from Crutchfield.

A couple of weeks later i get the difference back. All is good
Old 01-18-2002, 06:38 AM

i bought equipment for my home theater through them and was happy with the experience. Also when i ordered online in the additional comment box i wrote in that i had gotten an offer for 10% my first order (I never actually received an offer of that kinda but i figured it wouldnt hurt to try) and like a day or two later i received a call saying that they were going to take 10% off my full order. You cant beat customer service like that.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:49 AM

Another thumbs up for Crutchfield. You get what you pay for in terms of product and service.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:04 AM

Several orders with crutchfield. Best Customer service & support!!
Old 01-18-2002, 09:33 AM

I agree...they're a reliable company.

I bought my Kenwood Z828 MP3/CD/CDR/CDRW deck from them...it cost more, but at least I know if it breaks I won't get sh*t from them, they'll just replace it.

And you DO need a wiring harness, which comes with it.

(You may want to take a look at the deck on their site, I LOVE it.)
Old 01-18-2002, 09:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I bought my home theater and car speakers from them. Great service and fast shipping. Overall I'm very satisfied.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:40 AM

I agree with everybody else on Crutchfield. Their customer service is very good and informative. Have order many things from them without any problems. I am a happy customer.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:45 AM

I'm sorry about putting this post at the general discussion. I just thought that more people go to this thread. sorry. anyaway, thanks for the reply. I know that I will pay more but if there are general instructions for installion then it's worth it. thanks
Old 01-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Larrfry

Cruthfield

I've bought from them for years. Very good customer service. If you are buying high end car stereo - you might want to shop elsewhere because the savings add up. I WOULD NOT BUY HIGH END CAR OR HOME STEREO BECAUSE OF THE RELATIVELY HIGH PRICES. ALSO - THE HOME VIDEO SELECTION IS LIMITED.