Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

RockAuto sucks when it comes to customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 02:59 PM

RockAuto sucks when it comes to customer service

I would not do business with them anymore especially dealing with warranty and they give you a hard time trying to find a loophole when you have an issue with them. Save yourself with the time and money since they might be cheaper but the drawback is the returns or warranty. Customer Service is a joke, they do not care what you have to say or you make your case about the issue with the item.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Got Retrofit?

I had no issue when they sent me the wrong O2. They covered return shipping and sent out the proper one.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:13 PM
Administrator

You need to spill the beans/give details...what was the part? What was your problem? What was the loophole? etc etc
Old 10-28-2015, 03:59 PM

I too had no problems with RockAuto when I ordered suspension parts and the tie rod had a manufacture defect. They sent a new one and didn't require me to return the old one.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:42 PM

I had no problems getting a control arm under warranty couple weeks ago
Old 10-29-2015, 11:23 AM

I've had nothing but great experiences with them. I'll ordered probably 5-6 orders from them over the past year and the only time I called customer service, they were nice and friendly and helpful
Old 10-29-2015, 01:17 PM

I had got a new strut mount Moog and KYB struts for the front, once I got all installed, within a few weeks, there was a problem on the driver's side, making a clunking noise. So I had to check it out turned out the mount hole on the mount was twisting the strut rod, and I had to tear it apart, where the mount should have a D-shape, but it was rounded out, in effect, cause the strut rod thread stripped out. So I emailed Rockauto and they tell me they will warranty the mount but they will not warranty the KYB, that make so sense, it's like either THIS or THAT for warranty but they would not warranty both. After several email and asking for someone higher up and I keep getting the run around. They treated me very rudely and acted like I'm stupid that I don't even know what I am talking about. I spoke to KYB and they said they will warranty it, it never said anything about not warranty it unless in several scenario such as having an accident, stripped it yourself , Modified or altered your vechicle. which none of them applied to me. So basically RockAuto don't want to honor or stand by their parts. they tell me the claim for warranty is invalid and they can not "file" warranty with KYB. Which I know it's full of horsecrap. After so much frustration with them, I pretty much am done with them since their customer service is no help and a joke. So I had to file a dispute with my bank since they are refusing to honor warranty nor refund at all.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
I had got a new strut mount Moog and KYB struts for the front, once I got all installed, within a few weeks, there was a problem on the driver's side, making a clunking noise. So I had to check it out turned out the mount hole on the mount was twisting the strut rod, and I had to tear it apart, where the mount should have a D-shape, but it was rounded out, in effect, cause the strut rod thread stripped out. So I emailed Rockauto and they tell me they will warranty the mount but they will not warranty the KYB, that make so sense, it's like either THIS or THAT for warranty but they would not warranty both. After several email and asking for someone higher up and I keep getting the run around. They treated me very rudely and acted like I'm stupid that I don't even know what I am talking about. I spoke to KYB and they said they will warranty it, it never said anything about not warranty it unless in several scenario such as having an accident, stripped it yourself , Modified or altered your vechicle. which none of them applied to me. So basically RockAuto don't want to honor or stand by their parts. they tell me the claim for warranty is invalid and they can not "file" warranty with KYB. Which I know it's full of horsecrap. After so much frustration with them, I pretty much am done with them since their customer service is no help and a joke. So I had to file a dispute with my bank since they are refusing to honor warranty nor refund at all.
I had a clunking noise when I replaced the drive shaft on my 01 max. It's a popping clunk. I think it's got something with the strut because it just hangs there when you install the shaft.
Deebanks13 just had that issue and claims that replacing the struts solved the issue.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:05 AM

Monroe has excellent support for their valued clients.