Firestone Complete Auto Care-Dunedin FL - Maxima Forums

Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Firestone Complete Auto Care-Dunedin FL

Old 06-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #1  

Firestone Complete Auto Care-Dunedin FL-lousy

I had my 01 Maxima towed here back in 2014 after it just would start up then just die.
At the time I suspected the Alternator but I didn't have a jack to get the car up at the time. I did buy my 3.5 ton racing jack a year later but at the time I would've been getting it up with the emergency jack.
If you are using the emergency jack definitely break down and get the 3 1/2 ton jack you wont be sorry.

anyway I had it towed in and they said "no problem, alternator, no problem, Maxima no problem". we'll have it done in a few hours.
So I gave em the job. $80 for a tow that was about a block from my house too.

I got the car back after paying the $450.
I immediately realized they blew a fuse and some of the lights were out.
then I was getting a battery light and brake light too occationally at start up but assumed it was just from before.
Car ran fine so I just really trusted them because they have the ASE affiliation and the Motorist Assurance agency affiliation.

a few years later I was removing the compressor and alternator to get down to the water pump leak.
as I began removing the alternator I realized the upper bracket was not even attached to the place where its supposed to be bolted to. It was a headless bolt. then I began to remove the pivot bolt and the nut was way too tight. So tight I had to cut it off with a Dremel tool.
took me three days because it was in my driveway under the FL summer sun.
Almost two bottles of Sunblock 50 too.

make a long story short I got the bolt drilled out and installed a time sert I had left over from some stud holes I stripped out.

If you need your Maxima fixed I'd avoid Firestone Complete Auto Care in Dunedin FL.

Last edited by maximatech12; 06-18-2018 at 08:52 AM.
maximatech12 is offline   Reply With Quote