Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Attn: All automatic max owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 02:17 PM

ok...I'm risking everything here...! but I'm really irritated with my business deal with Don and have to vent.
I know perhaps this is the wrong place to flame someone...but till I get my money back...

(august / september period) couple months ago...I posted that I paid Don money for a VB upgrade. This was sent before I even checked around my town with the tranny shops to see if they'd be willing to remove me VB and do the swap.
anyways, I finally found out that no-one in my town was willing to do the swap for me, and I ain't mechanically inclined to do it myself...so I wrote Don an e-mail to tell him that I'm out. He said fine...and that he'd return the $$ to me...!
Its been what 3 months already? I check my paypal account every 3 weeks, write e-mails to Don, send him reminders thru paypal...etc...NOTHING!

fine...perhaps he does the best VB upgrade around...but screw him....he SUCKS *** (pardon my language here).

like I said, I'm willing to get flamed, banned...whatsoever...but all I can say is Don is not a good guy to do business with...so until the day I see the refund in my paypal account...Don SUCKS ***!!!!!!!

ps, I've had several maxima members here ensure me that he'd refund my money...but when? 10 years from now? geez@!!!!

I've seen Don post here since september, like I've said, I've tried mailing him...but no reply! seems like this guy works like a vacuum, sucks your money, and doesn't return it.

ps, I never received any VB from him...sent him the $$, then found out that no-one was willing to do it, so I immediately mail Don about it and he says cool, "will refund you the money"

plus, say if he really did refund the money, how can it still be in paypal limbo for 3 months?
Old 11-30-2000, 03:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i don't believe your the 1st to have a hard time getting money back from don.. might wanna see how the others got their money back.. if they did okay that last part was too evil.. hahah good luck anyway
Old 11-30-2000, 03:08 PM

well, I know DavidL has a ton of woes trying to get his $$ back. but he finally did. anyways, I can't see how hard it is to simply go to paypal and click a couple buttons when Don writes long *** replies about VB upgrades...etc whenever someone posts here.

tell me he's busy...yeah sure...I'll accept, but how can someone be so gawd-damn busy? I mean if he can take the time to go to the toilet, or even log on and reply on this forums, how busy can the dude be?

oh well, guess he's just some jerk I'd have to repeat and warn all people who wanna do the VB upgrade to avoid or consider....cos Don SUCKS ***!!!!

Old 11-30-2000, 03:09 PM

sorry about that...

I have heard nothing but good things about Don. Hope things work out for you, the VB mod is not that hard to do. Where do you live that no one will put in a new VB? Just go to a tranny shop and tell them you want them to take out your VB and install a new one. No tranny shop will turn that down as long as you don't mention the upgrade. It shouldn't matter b/c all the modifying is internal. Doesn't affect the install process one bit. Good luck!

Old 11-30-2000, 03:31 PM

don

I have not bought the VB upgrade from Don but I bought a set of wheels from Don. He was very responsive and quick and respectable.

Maybe things are tight for him right now and he'll PayPal you the money when he has it.

Just offering the other side of the coin (or lack thereof ).

Later,
/aac

Old 11-30-2000, 03:53 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: don

Originally posted by acitrano

Maybe things are tight for him right now and he'll PayPal you the money when he has it.

[/I]
i know that is hypothetical and i dunno don and never dealt with him but if this is true that is truely f-d up....if money was tight...he still shouldn't be spending someone else's $$$...im not saying that is true and i hope it wouldn't be but that would be f-d up...
Old 11-30-2000, 06:12 PM

Re: Re: don

Originally posted by Chris91SE

i know that is hypothetical and i dunno don and never dealt with him but if this is true that is truely f-d up....if money was tight...he still shouldn't be spending someone else's $$$...im not saying that is true and i hope it wouldn't be but that would be f-d up... [/I]
don should of taken care of this payment a long time ago. even if your tight you shouldn't hold somebodys money for 3 months (thats not right).
Old 11-30-2000, 06:30 PM

i know that is hypothetical and i dunno don and never dealt with him but if this is true that is truely f-d up....if money was tight...he still shouldn't be spending someone else's $$$...im not saying that is true and i hope it wouldn't be but that would be f-d up... [/I]
don should of taken care of this payment a long time ago. even if your tight you shouldn't hold somebodys money for 3 months (thats not right).
Old 11-30-2000, 06:37 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i would have to agree here. if the product was not delivered then do not spend the $.
Dan

Old 11-30-2000, 06:45 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

When do we hear Don's side????

Old 11-30-2000, 06:46 PM

I hope Don clears this up soon,

because I had the VB mod planned for early next year. I guess I will wait and see what happens. Good Luck
Old 11-30-2000, 06:59 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: When do we hear Don's side????

yeah that's true..let's hear Don's side too.
Dan

Originally posted by mzmtg
Old 11-30-2000, 07:01 PM

ouch Kidddddo

Face it ... Ur moneys Beeen Taxxeedd.

And to Don : Thats tite.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:15 PM

Re: ouch Kidddddo

Originally posted by tunedup
Face it ... Ur moneys Beeen Taxxeedd.

And to Don : Thats tite.
i was also planning to get the vb , gonna have to stop by level10 in new jersey and get some prices.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:19 PM

Let me step in here and offer some advice....

First of all, you're right -- you shouldn't be flaming anyone at all on this board. Maxima.org isn't the Better Business Bureau and we're not in the position to take sides on the issue. You have a right to voice your opinion about the service you received. This is why we have the 'Dealership and Shop Experiences' forum -- to tell others of experiences that one has had with shops. Just keep in mind that none of us can do anything about Don's alleged lack of responsiveness to your inquiries.

Don also has the right to rebutt your claims on this forum, which I suspect he might do.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:20 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: ouch Kidddddo

Originally posted by 97GLES
i was also planning to get the vb , gonna have to stop by level10 in new jersey and get some prices. [/I]
you'll be spending 300 or more on top of don's price there....
Old 11-30-2000, 07:22 PM

Ask about a valve body and Don answers in hours......Where's the reply to this??? Was thinking of valve body for my car but wont be Don's after hearing this crap. I saw this posted before and its still not resolved. Thats BS.
Old 12-01-2000, 04:14 PM

Response from Me

As much as you might see my posts here on the board, I don't live here, so sometimes I might not be able to answer to posts very quickly. I also was told about this post thru someone else, I have never looked under "Dealership and shop Experiences". So I have not been aware of this post until 5 minutes ago.

I also received an email from the guy who failed to contact me before it went 3 months out. Unfortunately he tells me he used Paypal to pay, so I have no paperwork on him (This is why I do not recommend paypal for payment, its not very easy to work with in situations like this). In his email to me he Did NOT give me his full name, any car info, time of purchase, etc. So at this point I don't have a ton of info to go by. I use my CC processing people for 4 different entities, the VB modification charges only being ONE of those, and the other 3 have nothing to do with autombiles.

I have done literally 100+ of these modifications in the last 8 months or so, and have never had a problem with anyone to this day. My book-keeping is done thru an outside agency, so if I don't hear of an issue directly, I really won't know whats going on. Again, if you use the methods of payment that are recommended (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), You will be protected and will never have a problem.

I find it interesting to see so many people that are so quick to pass judgement on someone who (in the last three years) has done nothing but be an enthusiast on this board and help in situations when possible. I assume thse posts are made out of immaturity and with time, will pass. It looks like 2-3 people have made a decision about me and my business practices with all the knowledge of "one post" with no more details than I've been given. Kudos to you guys, you will make good Supreme court justices one day (making decisions before both sides are heard).

For those of you who haven't passed judgement, the VB mod will continue to be available.

For those of you who continue to post on things you have no direct knowledge of, or have made a decision without hearing both sides, this modification is probably not right for you.

Don in Texas
Old 12-01-2000, 04:47 PM

Glade you cleared that up!!!!!

However, the only people that are going to see this is the ones that have already made a reply and those few people that check this topic section. A lot more people saw the flame than that. Well, I still want the VB mod when I get my UPRD ECU and Y-pipe installed.
Old 12-01-2000, 04:51 PM

Re: Glade you cleared that up!!!!!

Never mind, I see you have fixed that problem......

Originally posted by Victim64
However, the only people that are going to see this is the ones that have already made a reply and those few people that check this topic section. A lot more people saw the flame than that. Well, I still want the VB mod when I get my UPRD ECU and Y-pipe installed.
Old 12-01-2000, 04:55 PM

whoa..

i didnt even know this forum exsisted until don in texas, posted a thread at the main forums...
Old 12-01-2000, 05:23 PM

Re: whoa..

Originally posted by buss95max
i didnt even know this forum exsisted until don in texas, posted a thread at the main forums...
Don just to clear things up you got a payment thru paypal with no info. on the person that sent you the money,but 3 months later u haven't tried to send the money back thru the same account it came in. something doesn't sound right. this has nothing to do with the vb modd or your work. i know that when you pay thru paypal you get a name and an email address from the person that sent you the money, that should of been enough info. to send the money back. i'm still waiting for the responce from the other ppl that gave you negative feed-back. some ppl say it's been cleared up, i think it's not.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:33 PM

Re: Re: whoa..

Originally posted by 97GLES
Originally posted by buss95max
Don just to clear things up you got a payment thru paypal with no info. on the person that sent you the money,but 3 months later u haven't tried to send the money back thru the same account it came in. something doesn't sound right. this has nothing to do with the vb modd or your work. i know that when you pay thru paypal you get a name and an email address from the person that sent you the money, that should of been enough info. to send the money back. i'm still waiting for the responce from the other ppl that gave you negative feed-back. some ppl say it's been cleared up, i think it's not.
tclee i think we want to hear what you think about Don's reply.please lets clear this up ASAP.
Old 12-01-2000, 08:55 PM

perhaps the main forum page would be a great place to go read whatever crap had just happened since I got home from school early this evening!

fun fun fun fun fun!!!! makes this forum look like a soap opera!!!muahaha!

seriously...mail me for specifics...if any of you want to...

thanks
Old 12-01-2000, 10:53 PM

Paypal

Maybe tclee didn't send it to the proper address. I run a sign shop and use paypal a lot. I had a customer once complain long and hard about waiting over two months to get his item and that he sent paypal and so on. When he sent me a copy of his confirmation email, turns out he sent it to the wrong address. I email him back about his mistake and never hear from him again, go figure.
Old 12-03-2000, 11:19 AM

Re: Paypal

Shadow...you need to shorten up your signature a little bit there.

Anyways...did anyone ever think of just Contacning the attourney general of whatever state that he's in ?? (I.E. TEXAS) You get thinks acomplished SO much faster when you get the government/law enforcement involved.......
Old 03-08-2001, 03:15 AM

DON's not the only one, MAXIMA NESS did the same

my friend sold some piaa plasma light set on Ebay a few months ago, and some member name MAXIMA-NESS, i think he is on here as well, i have seen him posting, but he won the auction, promised to pay with paypal, then credit card, its been half a year, no payment, i sent emails and kind reminders, still nothing. so do not sell to him on ebay, hes a bad bidder. plus my friend had to pay the listing fee and the ebay fees, around $5. not much money, but he's not trust worthy, jus full of false promises