Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

people who back out of deals suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 07:58 AM
tofst4uvette

people who back out of deals suck

i just thought i closed a deal with njmaxseltd on aq set of b+g springs but at the last min. he backs out without even calling or e-mailing me just left me hanging. he is not a man of his word. i hope all of you arn`t like that. so if you see his user name watch what you buy or sell this guy.

Old 06-12-2002, 08:33 AM

sometimes its not the persons fault for not having a bottomless wallet.......i must admit - it is kinda fowl - but i'm sure someone will buy them- just post it up on the for sale forum
Old 06-12-2002, 08:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did you try emailing or calling him back?

Not everyone is free all the time 24/7.

njmaxseltd has been nothing short of helpful on this forum and has helped out several Org members in the past.

I'm giving him, a respected member of the forum, the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:49 AM

I've am in the process of getting ripped off by another .ORG member...sent him my money and no word for over a month after coutless emails etc. I sent him one more PM yesterday, and if he doesn't get back to me, I'm going to post his Name, UserName, Address, and phone number for others to watch out.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Str8ridin
I've am in the process of getting ripped off by another .ORG member...sent him my money and no word for over a month after coutless emails etc. I sent him one more PM yesterday, and if he doesn't get back to me, I'm going to post his Name, UserName, Address, and phone number for others to watch out.
Errr ... perhaps his name, username and city is enough information to give out.

As much as it sucks to be ripped off, we really frown upon giving out that much personal info on someone. No need for everyone to know exactly where he lives.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by clee130

Errr ... perhaps his name, username and city is enough information to give out.

As much as it sucks to be ripped off, we really frown upon giving out that much personal info on someone. No need for everyone to know exactly where he lives.
Your the moderator...

So no phone number, but Name, User Name and Adress ok? Or no Address? This has never happend to me before, so I don't know the protocol. He's no RoadBeast though...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Str8ridin
Your the moderator...

So no phone number, but Name, User Name and Adress ok? Or no Address? This has never happend to me before, so I don't know the protocol. He's no RoadBeast though...
Address meaning city and state.

So in the future, unless he moves, people will know not to deal with Joe Smith in Somewhere, SomeState. And that can be accomplished without revealing all his personal info.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:42 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

I've become wary of buying things from other Org members. I got ripped off $55 by Empz for buying a spare harness in the Canada Forum earlier this year. The other Toronto members say that he's dropped out of sight. The way I see it, even if that person is a frequent Org member there is no guarantee that you're dealing with an honest person.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by BlackCat
I've become wary of buying things from other Org members. I got ripped off $55 by Empz in the Canada Forum earlier this year. The other Toronto members say that he's dropped out of sight. The way I see it, even if you're a frequent Org member there is no guarantee that you're dealing with an honest person.
I hear alot of talk about bad experiences with buying from .Org members. Personally I've never had any problems with any of the guys I've bought from. Perhaps a list of these folks (Good and bad) should be posted inside a sticky in the for sale forum. Just a thought.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:06 AM

I got ripped off $325 by dirsmoothe. He sold me and someone else the same ZEX kit sent it to him and never sent my money back. But I still buy what I can from the org. Just becasue Micheal was an A$$hole doesn't mean everyone is.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:08 AM
I'm needing a caw

Good lord, he hasn't taken care of you yet? grrrrr.

Originally posted by 4thgenguy
I got ripped off $325 by dirsmoothe. He sold me and someone else the same ZEX kit sent it to him and never sent my money back. But I still buy what I can from the org. Just becasue Micheal was an A$$hole doesn't mean everyone is.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:12 AM

Re: people who back out of deals suck

Originally posted by tofst4uvette
i just thought i closed a deal with njmaxseltd on aq set of b+g springs but at the last min. he backs out without even calling or e-mailing me just left me hanging. he is not a man of his word. i hope all of you arn`t like that. so if you see his user name watch what you buy or sell this guy.
Before you pass judgement, I know njmaxseltd and met him once. He's not the type of guy that's looking to rip people off. I definately give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's been very helpful to a lot of the folks on the org (including myself) He's not a bad character at all.

Everyone expects instantaneous answers these days, the fact is not everyone has the time sit and read the forums all day or answers emails everyday.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:19 AM

Your not the only one that had that problem, I drove to Atlanta with impact wrench and tools to buy some sprints and AGX off another member, the deal was to remove the suspension off the car, he calls me when I am 2hours prior to be getting to Atlanta talking about his friend wants them and turns out it was the guy that posted below me, so he backs away and sells to the other member. I hate dishonest azzholes like that if you see I came to you first, I will pay on the spot.. dont back away. When I sell stuff whom ever contacts me first and pays me I ship next day air but wont back away.
Now ripoffs I thought we only had two but turns out we got a more. Sad we got dirt bags like that, I thought they only had them on the clubSi Forums
Old 06-12-2002, 10:27 AM
tofst4uvette

if you respect a person that doesn`t keep his word then i have no respect for you i will put you in his (njmaxseltd) class.
Originally posted by JAY25
Your not the only one that had that problem, I drove to Atlanta with impact wrench and tools to buy some sprints and AGX off another member, the deal was to remove the suspension off the car, he calls me when I am 2hours prior to be getting to Atlanta talking about his friend wants them and turns out it was the guy that posted below me, so he backs away and sells to the other member. I hate dishonest azzholes like that if you see I came to you first, I will pay on the spot.. dont back away. When I sell stuff whom ever contacts me first and pays me I ship next day air but wont back away.
Now ripoffs I thought we only had two but turns out we got a more. Sad we got dirt bags like that, I thought they only had them on the clubSi Forums

Old 06-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: people who back out of deals suck

Originally posted by tofst4uvette
I guess I'll explain what happened and then perhaps a moderator can delete this useless thread after everybody has had a chance to read it.

I posted my B&G springs for sale about 2 weeks ago. In that post I also said I'd be interested in swapping for H&R springs if somebody was up for that. I had several responses and offers to buy my springs and I told each one of them I'd get back to them. As the seller and owner of these springs, I had a few decisions to make.

After a few weeks of driving around on these springs, they settled in quite nicely. I actually love the drop and the ride became very good too. This is a nice spring/strut combo. I went on vacation last week for a few days and when I came back I had decided to keep the springs. I tried to delete the thread but the system will not let me. I don't know if anybody else experiences that problem but I cannot delete threads I start so I just let it die.

I had told tofst4uvette I would get back to him on Monday - Well guess what. I totally forgot. Hey I'm human - give me a break.

Now this guy e-mails me today with shall I say not nice words. I didn't even bother to responde to him because of the launguage he used. Keep in mind no money was ever exchanged. No "deal" was ever made. I only said I'd get back to him.

Had he approached me on a more mature level, perhaps just asking what was up with the springs, I would have apologized to him for forgetting about his offer.

I had several offers for the springs and responded to everybody and explained the situation. I also told them I'd be back in touch with them if their offer was accepted. Most just said OK - Thanks

If a moderator would do me the favor of deleting this thread I'd appreciate it. Seems I cannot delete threads I have started for some reason or another.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=126019

Thanks to all who support my contributions to this community, and I apologize for this mishap.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:17 PM

Re: Re: people who back out of deals suck

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

I guess I'll explain what happened...
hey man, according to the law one could argue that by writing "$150 takes them" in your tread, it was a contract in which acceptance is by performance. Therefore whoever gives you the $150 first is legally entitled to the springs.

JT
Old 06-13-2002, 01:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: people who back out of deals suck

Originally posted by sharkyjay

hey man, according to the law one could argue that by writing "$150 takes them" in your tread, it was a contract in which acceptance is by performance. Therefore whoever gives you the $150 first is legally entitled to the springs.

JT
yeah but none gave him the money!!
Old 06-13-2002, 01:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: people who back out of deals suck

Originally posted by Kevin

yeah but none gave him the money!!
Well if someone came to his door and handed him the $150 and he still have the springs, he has to hand it over.

JT