Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Banned

Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Well, I sent him a email explaining about my y pipe. He responded to me with a free flex and my warranty is well over. Just wanted everyone to know that he is a true bussinesman...... if that is a word

thanks a lot catts
Old 07-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I'm glad you finally figured out your problem and the fix won't cost you any $$.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Originally posted by bosco500
Well, I sent him a email explaining about my y pipe. He responded to me with a free flex and my warranty is well over. Just wanted everyone to know that he is a true bussinesman...... if that is a word

thanks a lot catts
Thats funny, because when my flex section went out he said he would fix my pipe for free. I was one month out of warrantee from the date of purchase but not from the date of receipt. He said he would still honor the warrantee. Two months later when it was finally fixed, I had to pay $50 to get the pipe back (this is a small sample of all th crap I went through with that thing)
Originally posted by bosco500
Just wanted everyone to know that he is a true bussinesman......
Old 07-06-2002, 09:22 PM

Seems that he is really hit or miss with most people.

SuDZ
Old 07-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Re: Re: Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

When I realized who this was (see copied text below) and what he's trying to blame me for, I just couldn't let it slide, too outrageous. The writer doesn't mention the fact that his circumstances were "most unusual".

1) he had purchased a last remaining JETHOT y-pipe for way under $300 from year-end bonepile sale long after the the stainless ones were available (it and another were the only jethot pipes we'd sold that entire year). When he mentioned his flex issue I agreed to fix it free with the assumption that it was one of the stainless pipes because I had a way to fix those. He never mentioned it was a jethot pipe, I found out when it arrived, and I hadn't had warranty support for those for over a year.

2) I found was almost impossible to fix his JETHOT pipe since that manufacturer was out of the picture, there was no manufacturing fixture to mount it to, and it is almost impossible to weld to JetHot coating. I spent well over $100 getting it fixed on a custom basis and back to him, yet charged him less than half that amount.

3) it was a worn out flex, not a failed liner and it fell under my standard repair policies, which were expired at that point.

4) Most other shops would have told this guy to take a leap -- belive me, I had to deal with him -- but I fixed his pipe as a favor, and invested a fair amount of my own money to do so.

And yet, despite all of the effort and expense we took to take care of this guy, he will go out of his way to unfairly criticize my business, acting as if we just cavalierly blew off a typical customer service issue. Well, I assure everyone that neither the issue or the customer were typical in this case.

No, we're not spotty about our customer service, we don't arbitrarily take good care of one customer and abuse the next. We're pretty damned consistent about providing reliable and personal service in the middle of a very inconsistent, unreliable and impersonal industry. Human nature being what it is, we'll never satisfy everybody, but we do our best and have many positive testimonials to that effect.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally posted by MAXINXS

Thats funny, because when my flex section went out he said he would fix my pipe for free. I was one month out of warrantee from the date of purchase but not from the date of receipt. He said he would still honor the warrantee. Two months later when it was finally fixed, I had to pay $50 to get the pipe back (this is a small sample of all th crap I went through with that thing)
Old 07-08-2002, 06:13 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Originally posted by MAXINXS

What's even better is Brian's statements above that makes you look real credible.

Please grow up and take this crap out of a forum I moderate.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

well IMO it looks like a issue of miscommunication.
Brian you should've asked if it was jethot or SS...you failed to asked that (or you did and didn't get a straight answer?)...and agreeded to repair the pipe under warranty...assuming it was a SS piece.

the owner of the pipe sent u the pipe under the impression that he's going to get a free fix. you realized it was the wrong pipe and said you're going to charge him on it.

now the owner is upset that he had to pay for a repair when he thought it was a free/warranty/good will fix.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:59 AM
//M5'ver

Ok i see two people in the wrong here: and this is just my humble opinion..

MAXINXS: when the whole flex section / fix it for free issue was brought up.. every knew it was for the Latest Gen Cattman SS pipe.. because thats the problems everyone was having with.. and suposedly a new pipe shouldn't have problems.. Eric and BriGuy posted on this kind of pipe and thats the pipe Cattman said he would fix for free. you know you had a Jet Hot Pipe and Cattman hasn't sold one of those in over a year so you would not fall into this category.

Cattman: you should not have assumed that the pipe was a SS pipe as DanNY stated above, due to the fact that everyone knows this was the pipe everyone had a flex problem with. DanNY already explained yoru break down in communication so i am not going to get back on that..

MAXINXS you are my boy and Cattman you are my vendor i trust and will always purchase from (even though my current SS y pipe has the same issues as all the others before.. but i am not even going to waste my time trying to get it fixed.. i will just deal with it on my end... i understand you are a busy man and i am not going to put more stress on you.. some of us can afford to let things like that go so i am not stressing the free flex section fix, i will get it done myself)

but in any light, i like both of you guys.. but you are both wrong.. i hope others reading this thread can learn from this and try to keep the communication flowing.. and less flames..

Old 07-08-2002, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
Seems that he is really hit or miss with most people.

SuDZ

Yeah that seems to be the sum of it......

I hope I don't have any problems, becuase I planned on buying my Y pipe from them in the next couple of months, maybe?
Old 07-08-2002, 12:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Originally posted by Cattman
When I realized who this was (see copied text below) and what he's trying to blame me for, I just couldn't let it slide, too outrageous. The writer doesn't mention the fact that his circumstances were "most unusual".

1) he had purchased a last remaining JETHOT y-pipe for way under $300 from year-end bonepile sale long after the the stainless ones were available (it and another were the only jethot pipes we'd sold that entire year). When he mentioned his flex issue I agreed to fix it free with the assumption that it was one of the stainless pipes because I had a way to fix those. He never mentioned it was a jethot pipe, I found out when it arrived, and I hadn't had warranty support for those for over a year.

2) I found was almost impossible to fix his JETHOT pipe since that manufacturer was out of the picture, there was no manufacturing fixture to mount it to, and it is almost impossible to weld to JetHot coating. I spent well over $100 getting it fixed on a custom basis and back to him, yet charged him less than half that amount.

3) it was a worn out flex, not a failed liner and it fell under my standard repair policies, which were expired at that point.

4) Most other shops would have told this guy to take a leap -- belive me, I had to deal with him -- but I fixed his pipe as a favor, and invested a fair amount of my own money to do so.

And yet, despite all of the effort and expense we took to take care of this guy, he will go out of his way to unfairly criticize my business, acting as if we just cavalierly blew off a typical customer service issue. Well, I assure everyone that neither the issue or the customer were typical in this case.

No, we're not spotty about our customer service, we don't arbitrarily take good care of one customer and abuse the next. We're pretty damned consistent about providing reliable and personal service in the middle of a very inconsistent, unreliable and impersonal industry. Human nature being what it is, we'll never satisfy everybody, but we do our best and have many positive testimonials to that effect.

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance

I am not going to say anymore than this, because I am far better than demeaning ones services. I was more than nice to you about my whole problem with your pipe. I have saved every rude email you sent me and still have the disturbing message you left on my answering machine. I will leave it at that! Whatever you have to tell people to make your business sound so good! Whatever.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Brian Catts holped out with my y pipe :)

Originally posted by bill99gxe

What's even better is Brian's statements above that makes you look real credible.

Please grow up and take this crap out of a forum I moderate.
All you know is what Cattman has replied with which means NOTHING!
FYI I am grown up and I don't consider being poorly treated "crap" by any means. You know nothing about the situation. Btw what are you moderating? Sounds like taking sides to me. I'm done.