Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

best quick job wash / clean

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 05:31 PM
My heroine

best quick job wash / clean

Hey all,

quick question.. what do you all do when your car needs cleaned, but you don't have time to fully wash / wax it.. ie you want the car clean for a weekend meet, but you don't have time to spend all day washing and waxing it.. I was thinking take it to a self wash car place, quick soap, rinse and some sort of wax as you dry stuff.. has anybody used any of those?? thanks for any suggestions...

wJ
Old 06-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If the car is just dusty and not really dirty with dried-on dirt and stuff, you can hit it with a California Car Duster and wipe the car down with some detailing spray and microfiber cloths. Just be sure to follow the duster's instructions/guidelines and don't try to "dry wash" the car. Any dirtier and you'll have to wash.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by Bman
If the car is just dusty and not really dirty with dried-on dirt and stuff, you can hit it with a California Car Duster and wipe the car down with some detailing spray and microfiber cloths. Just be sure to follow the duster's instructions/guidelines and don't try to "dry wash" the car. Any dirtier and you'll have to wash.
What he said.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:44 AM

I've never used a Car Wash place before, and I am not sure anyone here would recommend that.

I have done a "quickie" 5 minute wash down. Not great, but it certainly looked a lot better than before. Detailing is what takes so dam long. :
Old 06-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Car washes, where some machine or person washes your car for you aren't a very good idea (in fact they're usually a BAD idea). True touchless washes don't work so great but are safer. In any case, he said "self wash" which is the next best thing to doing it at home if you can't. The only problem with self wash places are the fact that sometimes you have to use their dirty water or filthy brushes that Joe Sixpack just used to scrub down his mud jumper. It depends on the place I think. Best thing to do is bring as much of your own supplies as they'll allow (like a good washmitt) and just use the bay.