Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Carpet Cleaning???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 12:19 PM

Carpet Cleaning???

Has anyone here took the entire carpet out of their car and cleaned them? I have the tan interior which is a pain to keep clean with the kids and all. I had it steam cleaned a couple of times but wasn't sastisfied at all.

Once the carpet was cleaned and it didn't dry properly and it had a stench. Another time the place I took the car didn't use any water but a cleaner solution. This got some of the dirt out but I prefer using a water solution to really get it clean. I also cleaned it several times myself with water and soap but could get it completely dry or the dirt I removed from one location just went to the next because I didn't have a wet/dry vacuum to take up the excess dirty water.

I would like to know how difficult it would be to remove the seats and take the carpet up, clean it completely, allow it to dry, then reinstall?

Thanx
Old 06-17-2003, 12:40 PM

I went to Discount Auto Parts (now known as Advanced Auto Parts), and bought two cans of this carpet cleaning can (had a yellow top). I used a little more than oen can and that worked wonders on myc arpet. I have teh same color carpet, and it really did the job. Just sprayed, let the foam sit, and used a brush to scrub the dirt. I have a pic on my homepage to show you how clean my car was after. The seats are easy to remove both front and rear, front just a couple of bolts and rear same thing. I also used it on teh door panels and it cleaned that too, as well as the seats (it was leather though).
Old 06-17-2003, 01:50 PM

I would imagine taking out the entire carpet, cleaing it, restreaching, re forming, re-gluing/tacking should be your last option. I would suggest getting a wet/dry vaccuum...it will make a world of difference with the cleaning you're doing.

Also, the mats themselves cover 90% of the interior carpet. Perhaps you should focus on those? One technique to cleaning those that I found works well is thoroughly vacuuming them and putting them in a washing machine. Let them air dry and they will be like new.

If that doesn't do it, spend $70 and get all new mats and put some stain gaurd on it so the kids don't mess it up al over again.

good luck!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

about once a month I take my mats the car wash, hang em up and blast em with the power washer, works real nice. Never tryed the washing machine tho...
Old 06-18-2003, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by Maxtank
about once a month I take my mats the car wash, hang em up and blast em with the power washer, works real nice. Never tryed the washing machine tho...
Yeah, give it a shot in the washing machine. I do mine every two months or so and they still look brand new. Just make sure to let them air dry because I'm not sure what the dryer will do to them..
Old 06-18-2003, 09:38 AM
OG and counting...

Well, taking out the carpet is a little more difficult than that. You also have to consider the adhesive that holds the carpet down and any other hidden wiring, etc.

What I might suggest is getting an effective spot remover and then shampooing the carpet. In fact, that is what I plan to do when I clean the interior of my '02.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Carpet Cleaning

Being annoyed whenever your carpet is messed up? Visit our website AJS Carpet Cleaning, Inc. West Jordan, UT and we will provide you with the most reliable carpet cleaning services you need in a low price.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:28 PM

Get a local detailer who has a Hot Water Extractor. If you need help finding someone in your area let me know.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Carpet Cleaning

Trying to find one of the best carpet cleaning services? Visit our web site for your needs AJS Carpet Cleaning, Inc. Salt Lake City 84199.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

You can use many methods for cleaning your carpets such as vacuuming, washing the carpets with detergents or soap and shampoos. Bicarbonate soda can also be used for stains. But since carpets are of different textures and materials therefore, it is advisable to take the help of professionals. They know the correct chemicals and methods to be used according to the material of your carpet.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ScottBernard08
Being annoyed whenever your carpet is messed up? Visit our website AJS Carpet Cleaning, Inc. West Jordan, UT and we will provide you with the most reliable carpet cleaning services you need in a low price.

Bumping a 9+ year old thread...

Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well ya it is somewhat difficult task to remove the carpets from seats as earlier i do it by myself as and i washed by my hands but the dirt cannot be easily removed from them as they are so much dirty and for every time purchasing new is not a good option so i hired a carpet cleaning service providers as they cleaned in such a professional way that they look new again i was astonished by their work.Well they they use such a new equipment and chemical that are non toxic and makes our carpet clean and fresh.