Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Gold Class vs Nano Wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:03 AM

Gold Class vs Nano Wax

i got some eagle one nano wax for frre for my sister. i decided to test it. last weekend i had polished and waxed my car. so i just washed it again and didn't do anymore prep work. i waxed half the car with meguiars gold class adn the other with eagle one nano wax. i left a thin strip in the middle just to see the differance from last week to then. both made the car darker eagle one won by a little. but this morning i went out there the side with the gold class has blended back in and you can nolonger see the stripe in the middle where the eagle one side still has its darker edge. i found that very interesting. i am sure they both will bead up but the deep color is still there with the eagle one.

the downside is the eagle one is a pain in the **** to get back off. it says let dry to a haze i think next time i will take it off befor it dries. definatly need to do a section at a time. i am interested to see if the meguiars ntx is simmilar product. i heard it was very easy to remove.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by thekenone
i got some eagle one nano wax for frre for my sister. i decided to test it. last weekend i had polished and waxed my car. so i just washed it again and didn't do anymore prep work. i waxed half the car with meguiars gold class adn the other with eagle one nano wax. i left a thin strip in the middle just to see the differance from last week to then. both made the car darker eagle one won by a little. but this morning i went out there the side with the gold class has blended back in and you can nolonger see the stripe in the middle where the eagle one side still has its darker edge. i found that very interesting. i am sure they both will bead up but the deep color is still there with the eagle one.

the downside is the eagle one is a pain in the **** to get back off. it says let dry to a haze i think next time i will take it off befor it dries. definatly need to do a section at a time. i am interested to see if the meguiars ntx is simmilar product. i heard it was very easy to remove.
NXT is VERY EASY to remove. You can do the whole car. let it dry and it just buffs right off.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:17 AM

just to update this a lil the eagle one takes a lot of product to get it applied evenly. it rained and the bead action is pretty good. now we'll see how long it last. i plan to get nxt to compare it also.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nano Wax......

I detailed my car on Memorial day. Washed it , Clay bar then Nano wax two coates on Hood , Roof & Trunk & I would agree it is fairly difficult to take off. But I found that the problem lies in the towel you use to remove it. Have several thin terry cloth towels on hand not that crap microfiber towel they supply use one side for first wipe off then the other side to get the remaining wax off. The cleaner the towel the easier it is to remove. It poured rain today and the beading is great I will keep all updated on my opionions on this product.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 AM

yeah the beading is really great. After my first wash and a few drizzles the swirl marks are back. i am begining to wonder if i am doing something wrong. the whole car is covered. but they were gone and now there back.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:01 PM

hmm i'm curious on the results too. i've been using gold class for quite some time now.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:32 AM

well i reapplied. this wax is more for hand application and at dusk. it dries very fast. on the buffer you can even finish the hood. i also hate how it clogs the towels up. after a wipe i have a clump of hard wax left. but man oh man doest this stuff shine. i will get ntx friday and do a comparison on the hood.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:28 AM

I have got to say that the Eagle One Nano Wax was VERY easy to take off. I don't know if you guys are laying down too much or what? The Meguires Gold Class that I usually use is much harder to remove in comparison.

I definately like the Nano wax. It comes out like hand lotion almost. Great dispensor, easy to apply, removes easily too.

In terms of appearance. I'd have to say it looks a bit better than the gold class. Not much of a difference, but a slightly deeper shine. Combined with the ease of use I'd say its a superior product.

CM.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:58 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

nano wax was easy to take off. i was not the thrilled with it though. i used teh cloth that came with it, and i got it free becuase of a rebate. but i was not that thrilled with the stuff.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:54 AM

well after using it somemore on mine and differant cars i have concluded i like the effect. it outshines and out lasts gold class. but you cannot let this stuff dry. and it dries quickly. when it does it doesn't wanna come off. maybe i am not waxing my car correctly. with gold class i can buff in on the whole car then come back and take it off. with the nano i can't even finish the hood. so i am really gonna look into the nxt. i would not recommend switching to this product.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:35 PM

Well it has been...........

Well it has been like 25 days since my detailing frenzy. Any way I am more impressed today then I was 25 days ago with the Nano Wax. Yes it was difficult to remove . But the shine a protection the last 25 days have been amazing. I live in NewYork and the car gets pretty filthy . I also have to deal with the trains over head while driving under the elevated subway & on occasion I guess tar drips down on to cars from over head & this has always been a problem. I got a tar spot on the roof of the car the other day dont know how long it was there but I noticed it. I took out a citrus cleaner gave it one little squirt and whalla it just came off . It refused to stick on to the surface it came off in a chunk. Never has this happened. Long story short .........I wash the car it looks like I just waxed it . It rains and the beading is superb . Protection is phenominal. Cant speak highly enough about this product. Yes there are easier waxes to remove then this one & I have used probably all of them. But if you want shine & protection it is well worth the elbow grease. Damn if you want easy buy a spray on hose off wax there pretty good