Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Just got done with Klasse

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just got done with Klasse

Well I just got done waxing with Klasse Sealant Glaze and the Klasse All-In One...I have to say it worked pretty well...

I first put on the Sealant Glaze on the car, buffed...then Put on the All-In One and buffed (the AIO came off really easy .....first it didnt feel to good, then about half hour later after doing the inside, and the wheels, the paint felt alot better than before...

Im kinda dissapointed that it feels the same as when I use the Regular One coat Mequiers Show Shine Wax...maybe I am doing something wrong ??

I also bought some P21S that I applied to just the hood but NO difference than the rest of the car with the S.G and the AIO...Do I wait to put on the P21S or should I have applied right after ?? Or do I even need it ??

Any Comments ??

-matt
Old 06-20-2004, 03:54 AM
OG and counting...

When using Klasse (or any product mentioned in the detailing forum), paint preparation is always the key. With that said, I was wondering what paint preparation steps you took. If none, I'd advise removing the Klasse and doing the following:

a) Claying the surface with a clay bar. If you run your hand across the finish, you will notice it feels kind of rough. That rough feeling is embedded contamination in your paint. Clay bars are designed to remove that contamination. For OTC options in that regard, check out Mothers or Clay Magic.

b) Polish. Many people get waxing and polishing confused. However, they both are two different steps. Polishes (and some cleaners) have abrasives that are designed to remove paint imperfections. Many waxes do not have abrasives (with the exception of cleaner waxes that I tend to classify as borderline polishes). The key here is to evaluate your paint's condition. The reason for the evaluation is to determine the correct kind of polish for your situation. If your car has moderate swirling, you can use polishes like Einszett's Paint Polish or Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish (recommeded if you have a machine like a rotary or PC). Klasse All in One is also a polish but it has a side function. This product preps the surface for the application of the Sealant Glaze. From what I read, you may have had the order backwards. You apply the AIO before the SG.

c) If you apply one or more coats of SG, you can top it with a wax to add depth.

To remove Klasse, you will need to use PrepSol or alcohol.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:28 AM

Yea I definetly did them in the incorrect order...the reason I did was because that back of the S.G bottle is said if this doenst work for the imperfections, move and use the AIO on the rest ??

As for my paint condition, I dont think thats a problem...I wax every month or two and the last time I clayed barred was last year and saw minimal improvments when finished

-matt
Old 06-20-2004, 12:02 PM

Not real sure what the botttles say, but AIO is definitely before SG. AIO has protectant qualities, but SG is a last step product and meant to be applied after the AIO. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:46 PM
OG and counting...

Originally Posted by matty
Yea I definetly did them in the incorrect order...the reason I did was because that back of the S.G bottle is said if this doenst work for the imperfections, move and use the AIO on the rest ??

As for my paint condition, I dont think thats a problem...I wax every month or two and the last time I clayed barred was last year and saw minimal improvments when finished

-matt
However, you probably needed to clay again. Between this year and last, there were contaminants that got embedded in the paint since the last time you clayed. In a nutshell, you definitely need to do the following:

a) Clay the surface to remove any imperfections
b) Even though you wax, you may have light swirling. However, AIO is able to polish those light imperfections out.
c) After the AIO, apply the SG. After the first application, let the SG "cure" for 24 hours. After that, apply another coat of SG. Let that coat cure for 24 hrs. After the second coat, you can either add another coat or stop at 2 and top with a decent carnuba.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 PM

I guess Ill wait till this wears off of the car and Ill start fresh with a claying that I have, and then the next few steps with the AIO then the SG

Even though I did it the wrong way, It looks and feels really good

-matt