Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Question regarding hazy & uneven gloss from Klasse AIO

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Question regarding hazy & uneven gloss from Klasse AIO

I recently polished my 02 Max with a PC and Menzenra IP & FP. I then moved on and used a standard white foam pad to apply Klasse AIO. I changed the pad after doing half the car. I also would mist the buffing pad with a QD for better application. I've done all the work in the shade while the car was cool.

I let the car sit overnight in the garage and today when I went to apply some Klasse SG I noticed a very faint haze or almost film on some areas of the car. It's not everywhere on the car and is only really seen upon close inspection. It is very hard to see at some angles but doesn't really seem to wipe off with a dry mf towel. What can I do about this haze? Is it normal (I know I 've heard of the dreaded Klasse haze)?

I was thinking about using my red finishing pad and either applying more AIO. Or just misting the pad with a QD and use the pad to work the QD and try to buff the haze off. My only concern is if the QD will interfere with the bonding of the SG.

I know the QD helps to remove the SG and the haze that it can produce. I recently finished buffing my 94 Max and I did see some slight haze from the AIO and the SG, but I was able to get rid of most of it. I used a QD to help remove the 1st and 2nd coat of SG. Slight haze is still a little noticeable in the right light at the right angle.

So do you think I should just go ahead with the SG and the current haze/film from the AIO should be unnoticeable when finished or what?

Also I plan on applying several coats of SG. Should I only use QD when removing the final coat? Or is it alright to use QD to help remove each coat? My concern is like I stated above, that since the QD is probably a liquid wax, that it will interfere with the bonding of the additional layers of SG.

I know this may seem a little tedious or overboard, but I would like to see the car come out haze free after all the time I've spent on it!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

You didn't mention this, but did you remove the AIO with a MF towel after applying it? It's not supposed to stay on the paint overnight. I have used it many times with my PC and white pad. You don't need much...one oz. is enough for the whole car. Do a 2 x 2 foot area and work it until it's almost disappeared. Then buff with a MF. The QD will help remove it, but honestly I've never had the haze you're talking about. Misting the pad before applying the AIO is correct, though.

I apply SG by hand. Again very little is used. I tried applying it with my PC, but it didn't work too well.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I thought in comparison with other products I've used in the past that I used very little of the AIO. I would just do small sections at a time like you mentioned. I would work the AIO until it was dry and nearly gone. I would then immediately wipe the area with a dry MF towel. After I was completely done applying the AIO and removing it all, I then let the car sit overnight because I ran out of daylight. There was nothing left on the paint when I let the car sit overnight.

I also applied the SG on my 94 Max by hand and plan on doing the same on this car (02 Max).

Do you think I should just go ahead and move on to applying the SG by hand now and hopefully the slight haze will either be removed with the SG or be unoticable.

Like I said before the haze is only in some spots and can only be seen at certain angles. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars and would like to get rid of it if possible!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 AM
OG and counting...

When you apply the SG, the haze will be removed. If you want to do a preliminary step, try going over the car with just plain water in a spray bottle and wipe the areas affected.