Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

interior suede cloth cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:04 AM
wsu

interior suede cloth cleaning

The inevitable has happened and I have sustained a black streak on the seude cloth interior (near the passenger door handle) of my Maxima (caffe latte interior color scheme). I tried wiping/wetting the mark gently with a wet cloth, but without success. Unfortunately, I don't know what the material left the mark.

My concerns as I try to remove the mark are:

1. using water too liberally will bleed some of the color from the material and leave water spots
2. rubbing too vigourously will abrade the material or otherwise leave marks
3. the cleaning compound will discolor the material

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You can try various household things... soda water or anything clear and fizzy (7-up, etc), Alka-seltzer in water... baking soda in water... or just try one of those Stain sticks for your laundry.... then rub with water or something.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:44 AM

Im sure it wont fade or bleed the color using water. I wipe the interior cloths with wet towel all the time. It wont discolor unless it's very strong detergent. Dont use drinking soda to clean it up. You'll make a mess out of it. Try using soap water to rub and then wipe it clean with watered cloths. If that doenst work, try using carpet cleaning spray or something similar.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:50 AM

You guys have suede interior???? I got this Ugly looking fleece material, lol
Old 07-22-2005, 10:57 AM

mild hand soap

Originally Posted by wsu
The inevitable has happened and I have sustained a black streak on the seude cloth interior (near the passenger door handle) of my Maxima (caffe latte interior color scheme). I tried wiping/wetting the mark gently with a wet cloth, but without success. Unfortunately, I don't know what the material left the mark.

My concerns as I try to remove the mark are:

1. using water too liberally will bleed some of the color from the material and leave water spots
2. rubbing too vigourously will abrade the material or otherwise leave marks
3. the cleaning compound will discolor the material

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mild hand soap and water on a towel works best
Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

After you get it cleaned Scotch Guard it. I used 10 cans on the suade and rugs. I have leather seats so I have no problem there. I have a little girl who likes to spill stuff in the car I was worried about the suade too. Not anymore!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:35 PM

you know i was just thinking the other day, as much as i like my interior i just feel that my 01 interior was much more friendly to smoking and overall durability. I dont mind the look of the suede stuff, but i just feel my interior on my 01 seemed much more clean fit and finish. There is a product not available in stored to clean it, it is non toxic, non anything really, you can even drink it, but kinda expensive, about 60 bucks for a jug of it, but it honestly CLEANS EVERYTHING, wheels, carpet, you name it....it has all the water to product ratios on the jug...you can only order by phone, but a well worthwhile investment. It is called hy-pro spray clean. Phone number is (940)686-5514, i just took a pic of my bottle but dont know how to attach it.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by driver
mild hand soap and water on a towel works best
Does this remove the stains permannetly or it "hides" them and they appear again i few weeks?
Old 07-23-2005, 02:13 PM

Try finding a carpet/fabric cleaning product called HOT SPOT. It's made by the DW40 people and will take stains, grease etc. out of most any carpet or fabric. I've used it on my carpets and furniture in the house and it's great. Just be careful and try it on a small section just to be sure it won't harm the fuzzy door panels. It shouldn't but be careful. You should be able to find the product at Walmart or Target.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:31 PM

trust me hy-pro...wont fade or discolor and is safe on ANYTHING on the planet.