Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

Hotshot Header dyno SAE corrected 02 Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Blu
the tits

Hotshot Header dyno SAE corrected 02 Automatic

Ok well the long awaited HS header dyno is completed with before header with Warpspeed y pipe and after with full HS header/y pipe. These numbers are SAE corrected and Im pretty damn impressed. If you want to see area under the curve then look here HPTQtoo many people are worried about a big peak number but everyone knows all dynos are different. I did these pulls on the same dyno but the before green line was done 3 months ago but its a good enough comparision.

Mods on the before dyno were WSP y pipe, b pipe, HKS rear, UDP, and GAB
Mods on the after WSP b pipe, HS headers, UDP, GAB, and stock muffler

Overall I'm 100% pleased with the results and Im sure I could pull higher numbers on a different dyno but I will just stick to track times and trap speeds to show my power.

Here is a quick comparision from yesterday at the dyno. The green line represents a 02 6 speed with GAB, UDP, 2.5" b pipe, HKS rear section vs my pulls from yesterday.

Hopefully this will peak interests of others and get HS some business. Next up ECU which should get me in the 240 area

Matt
Old 03-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Am I reading that right 16-19hp and 16tq over a y-pipe, plus much area under the curve? We need to fing out if these will fit the 3.0VQ. I know the header will bolt up but what about the exhaust piping? Awesome gains.

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Ok well the long awaited HS header dyno is completed with before header with Warpspeed y pipe and after with full HS header/y pipe. These numbers are SAE corrected and Im pretty damn impressed. If you want to see area under the curve then look here HPTQtoo many people are worried about a big peak number but everyone knows all dynos are different. I did these pulls on the same dyno but the before green line was done 3 months ago but its a good enough comparision.

Mods on the before dyno were WSP y pipe, b pipe, HKS rear, UDP, and GAB
Mods on the after WSP b pipe, HS headers, UDP, GAB, and stock muffler

Overall I'm 100% pleased with the results and Im sure I could pull higher numbers on a different dyno but I will just stick to track times and trap speeds to show my power.

Here is a quick comparision from yesterday at the dyno. The green line represents a 02 6 speed with GAB, UDP, 2.5" b pipe, HKS rear section vs my pulls from yesterday.

Hopefully this will peak interests of others and get HS some business. Next up ECU which should get me in the 240 area

Matt
Old 03-11-2004, 03:42 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by 96sleeper
Am I reading that right 16-19hp and 16tq over a y-pipe, plus much area under the curve? We need to fing out if these will fit the 3.0VQ. I know the header will bolt up but what about the exhaust piping? Awesome gains.
you have to remember that the 02-03 y pipe do not get rid of any precats and do not gain too much peak power. I wish I had a dyno for the before and after y pipe though...
Old 03-11-2004, 09:30 AM

Now that's a good dyno comparo. It appears as though you 2k2/3 owners have a gem of a mod here. I doubt it will yield the same or near the same results for the 4th gen. I'm guesstimating ~5fwhp/tq for 4th gen owners. If the gains are similar to you 2k2/3's this will be high up on the mod list despite the hardships with installing on 4th gen VQ's.

LEMAR
Old 03-11-2004, 12:59 PM
^ Jeff™

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
Now that's a good dyno comparo. It appears as though you 2k2/3 owners have a gem of a mod here. I doubt it will yield the same or near the same results for the 4th gen. I'm guesstimating ~5fwhp/tq for 4th gen owners. If the gains are similar to you 2k2/3's this will be high up on the mod list despite the hardships with installing on 4th gen VQ's.

LEMAR
I'm sure the install on the VQ35 is no easier than on the VQ30...Same layout with the same 'little' amount of space to work with.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Will these fit a 4th gen ?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by MrEous
I'm sure the install on the VQ35 is no easier than on the VQ30...Same layout with the same 'little' amount of space to work with.
Ahh i didn't mean to imply that the install was any easier on the 5th gens, but you're right, from my wording i made it sound easier.

LEMAR