Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

How to you proove the nay sayers that you have increased HP with mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 AM

How to you proove the nay sayers that you have increased HP with mods?

Everynow and then I get that annoying person to say... (pssh yah right... u didn't get a 15-20HP increase by doing just bolt on mods..) Like that kid would know anything about our cars... All I tell them is to go look up the Dynos and they say... well they can be photoshopped and fake and setup. " I would need the paper in front of me to prove anything" Then I said ok, what if I do that. Then they say, "well it is just a piece of paper it does not proove anything"

I got that from an STi owner... These guys are so high in there own mightly *** that they get threaten that if a Maxima owner were to slap ina turbo and kill there *** they would cry. That is one thing I wish I had the money and time to do but that is a whole different story....

Anyway... What times and WHP do you think I am getting with a huge short ram K&N WAI, LSS Y-pipe, 2.5" Catback magnaflow with 4" tip. I told this kid that I go on this site and it has been said that I have a 15-20HP increase in my car from doing just those mods. And they say that impossible or BS because it is just a bolt-on.

I told them aprox ( if tuned) I should be getting about 175-180WHP approx and be able to pull a 14.8. Now that is all specs I gained from this site over the years from what ppl are saying these mods do...as well as motorvate. Asumming we get 159-163whp stock of course.

Again this one kid was like yah right... "like u can pulll a 14.8 and have 210-215 crank HP and like 180WHP with just a bolt ons from a stock 190HP engine"... Motorvate seems to think differently as well as the .org... It is a 5-speed and I have brand new VF4s on it.

Now, am I burying myself wen I state these claims that I get from the site and motorvate? Cause I have had a lot of doubters but I have beaten cars in my leauge (and more) plently of times as well as wiping the floor with every cheap honda known to man stock... lolz

the highest HP car I have beaten to date is a SC400 with 250HP but those are heavy and slow imo for 250HP and a V8. I have even beaten 2 WRXs but that was due to better driving of course...

sorry for the long post... I had to get my point acrossed...
Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM

How to prove them wrong? I just run them, LOL (assuming road/traffic conditions allow for a safe run).

Either way tho, if you havent dyno'd to know where your power is, or gone to the track to know for a fact how fast your car is with YOU as the driver... I would keep my mouth shut, cus you're literally just talking out your rear end with nothing but ASSumptions to base your "status" on (I dont mean it offensively, so dont take it as such).

I for example should have been in the 13s from a LOOOOONG time ago... best I was able to do All Motor was 14.1, but thats because I baby my tranny. The track is exactly 102mi from my house... so yea I cant afford to break my tranny. The tow bill would probably be worth more than my car, lol. But I have plenty of dyno graphs, run files, and videos from the dyno and track to shut anyone up that doesnt think I can hand with mustang GTs cheating (oops I mean sprayin, lol), G35s were cake after 3rd gear, Z's I SHOULD have been neck to neck with, but never was able to run one for some reason, etc...

Basically "cant talk about s3x if you're a virgin", lol. Get your car on the dyno, tune it, hit the track to know what YOU and the CAR is really capable of doing.

I squeezed 191whp/195wtq from my 3.0 with the USIM with just UDP, WAI, polished upper n lower IM, y-pipe, gutted cat (caca) and SAFC1 tuning for 13.5:1.

I squeezed 246whp from my 3.5 All motor with SSIM, ubber short intake (no midpipe), SAFC1 tuning, UDP, long-runner equal-length headers, straight pipe, WSP catback, 16v Ign system, and alot of indirect timing advance (got 256whp with the above mods plus cutout at the straight pipe's location).

Gotta be able to back up what you say with hard evidence (like you, sorry for the long post) lol
Old 02-17-2008, 08:54 PM
VQ30 DE T

Originally Posted by Coremanx
Everynow and then I get that annoying person to say... (pssh yah right... u didn't get a 15-20HP increase by doing just bolt on mods..) Like that kid would know anything about our cars... All I tell them is to go look up the Dynos and they say... well they can be photoshopped and fake and setup. " I would need the paper in front of me to prove anything" Then I said ok, what if I do that. Then they say, "well it is just a piece of paper it does not proove anything"

I got that from an STi owner... These guys are so high in there own mightly *** that they get threaten that if a Maxima owner were to slap ina turbo and kill there *** they would cry. That is one thing I wish I had the money and time to do but that is a whole different story....

Anyway... What times and WHP do you think I am getting with a huge short ram K&N WAI, LSS Y-pipe, 2.5" Catback magnaflow with 4" tip. I told this kid that I go on this site and it has been said that I have a 15-20HP increase in my car from doing just those mods. And they say that impossible or BS because it is just a bolt-on.

I told them aprox ( if tuned) I should be getting about 175-180WHP approx and be able to pull a 14.8. Now that is all specs I gained from this site over the years from what ppl are saying these mods do...as well as motorvate. Asumming we get 159-163whp stock of course.

Again this one kid was like yah right... "like u can pulll a 14.8 and have 210-215 crank HP and like 180WHP with just a bolt ons from a stock 190HP engine"... Motorvate seems to think differently as well as the .org... It is a 5-speed and I have brand new VF4s on it.

Now, am I burying myself wen I state these claims that I get from the site and motorvate? Cause I have had a lot of doubters but I have beaten cars in my leauge (and more) plently of times as well as wiping the floor with every cheap honda known to man stock... lolz

the highest HP car I have beaten to date is a SC400 with 250HP but those are heavy and slow imo for 250HP and a V8. I have even beaten 2 WRXs but that was due to better driving of course...

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.php?p=6161408&postcount=75
I have shut up alot of people with a good run. Dyno graphs & track slips are the icing on the cake.
This is my beater with bolt-ons untuned. My best 1/4 is a 14.8
With bad mounts, and it was my 2nd time to the track... As you can see there is more left in her.
Your best bet is to ignore them or provide some "hard evidence"
Im going back with A SAFCII to squeez some more power out of her
One more track run...
Then on to the 3.5
http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...8&postcount=75
Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM

Judging by your age (no offense because I'm right around there) I would safely assume that the people with STI's either don't know squat about cars, are using all of daddy's money, or are just copy catting what the knowledgeable person in the school has done...OR all of the above

It's all just a bunch of coming from a bunch of ignorant high school ****s that won't realize what hit them until they grow up and maybe learn something about cars...

Old 02-20-2008, 06:38 PM

Man I am the same age as you and that's how all the Mustang guys around here that go to my school are with me. All you have to do is smoke their A** and that will shut them up. Now the STI sorry you would not beat him, but most guys even when they beat you will acknowledge that your car runs good if they are not a d***head. I have ran nearly every car at my school (on the track of course...lol) and have only lost to a few. Most of the population in my area are abunch of rednecks who only think if you don't have a V8 then your car doesn't matter. So what do I do? I go race all of the Mustangs and smoke them or if I do get beat they acknowledge the fact that my "maxi-pad" runs better then what they thought.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 PM

I get it all the time man. The only way is to either run them. I have dyno sheets and time slips, and people still dont believe me.

One time my Ex girlfreinds..freind his name is john..first time i met him, he asks me what i drive i tell him a modded maxima, he asks me if its quick, i say ya its not bad. i then ask him what he drives he tells me a 01 mustang convertible..then his freinds like ya hes a ***** he drives auto..and hes like ya well i ran a 14.5 in it. im like okay it must be v8 so i ask him about mods he tells me GT exhaust so im like wtf is it..he says its a v6.

So im like automatic v6 convertible mustang running 14.5 with intake and GT mustangs exhaust lol. he asks me about my car, i tell him i ran a 14.2@98 with a brutal launch on balding tires and a bad tranny that i didnt want to beat on. he tells me BS and that its impossible for my car to run that unless its got nitrous. I tell him i should be in the 13's with my current mods and he said its impossible. He said he slays everything on the street.

About 2 weeks later i ran into him, beside eachother at the light. His top is down cranking the radio lol..needless to say i had wiped that smile off his face and then came the excuses.

Get use to it man, aslong as you drive a maxima you will get the haters. Cant make everyone happy.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 AM
dot dot dot ...

I have many dynos from many different members that show progress (GAINS) in their results. Some as much as +50whp in some areas of the curve.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
Get use to it man, aslong as you drive a maxima you will get the haters. Cant make everyone happy.
That's so true, I think it's just that they can't get over the fact that their 2 doors get smoked by our 4...lol. Made this a while back:

I posted that on CobaltSS.net they went ballistic
Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 PM

bhahahah that is awesome... I should save that and put it on my myspace or something... haha
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM

^ btw... what kind of exhaust u got on ur gen 5? You got an videos or sound clips of it?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 PM

It's the Tsudo N-1 Catback off of Ebay...don't be fooled though it really is a good exhaust and very affordable here is a video I took of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-N_QPF2_pk
Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
SLOW

Originally Posted by Coremanx

It's called ignore the idiots... if they don't believe you then let them live in ignorance.

And what the hell is this doing in the dyno slip discussion forum?