Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.

WTB Section

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM

WTB Section

Can we get a WTB section. It will make selling parts alot easier and should help out users looking for parts. I have many many parts laying around that someone may need but I dont want to make a new thread for all my parts. MY350Z.com has this also and I've sold a few parts I wasnt using just by going through their WTB section.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

so would it be a WTB for every gen, product (tires, FI), and etc?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM

Yes one section for all gens and products.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ok so it's one section for all WTB. so someone is selling something will need to weed through all the posts to find a possible buyer? once someone already bought will they remove the WTB in the section?
i've seen it on supraforums too..but not sure how well that's going to work on here.
for ppl who wants to buy just post it in the FS section that pertains to what they want to buy.

if you have parts laying around then post them up...stop being lazy.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

sorry to thread jack, but I kind of have to agree with dan the man here. i like the way the org is currently designed. seperating the different sections into their appropriate generations is priceless. having one thread would really suck. just my .02.

i would however love to see the option added to the thread tools of being able to lock your own thread after its been created. that way the admin doesnt have to do it. i consistently get my old threads bumped from many newbies, even after asking some admins to lock it for me. i feel it would be useful to some but not to everyone.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 AM

I also agree, I think a member with a ton of parts, such as Mr. Teaner would benefit from a WTB section.

Or maybe a sticky in each section that says "WTB - Posts Here" and everyone who needs a part would post in there, with the first 10 or so posts reserved by the thread OP. Who then goes through the thread and puts the name of the person and the part they want in a neat list and updates as needed.

But that would require a lot of dedication for the OP... but its just a thought
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
I also agree, I think a member with a ton of parts, such as Mr. Teaner would benefit from a WTB section.

Or maybe a sticky in each section that says "WTB - Posts Here" and everyone who needs a part would post in there, with the first 10 or so posts reserved by the thread OP. Who then goes through the thread and puts the name of the person and the part they want in a neat list and updates as needed.

But that would require a lot of dedication for the OP... but its just a thought
typically, a person posts in the classifieds with a title beginning with
WTB-Parts for my car
if they don't, they usually have a harder time finding parts, or noobs trying to buy the wanted part from the poster.

also, don't see any benefit from having to browse more sections, if I want to buy/sell something.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Teaner

i would however love to see the option added to the thread tools of being able to lock your own thread after its been created. that way the admin doesnt have to do it. i consistently get my old threads bumped from many newbies, even after asking some admins to lock it for me. i feel it would be useful to some but not to everyone.
just report your own thread as sold. one of us will close it for you.