Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.

Suggestion : Thread prefixes

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Suggestion : Thread prefixes

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/thread_prefixes

On another forum I am on, they use thread prefixes in the classifieds sections to help distinguish what location users buying/selling are in.
would help with heavy/bulky items (cars, wheels, body parts, seats, etc.), making it quicker to distinguish a user's interest in a thread.

for example, Wheels/tires could be a great test for it. There are literally dozens of good deals in there, but the cost for shipping (presuming the seller will ship, of course) would put a severe dampener on the deal. as a result, I rarely visit that forum, because, quite frankly, the thought of shipping charges scares the crap out of me. Finding something local (esp. with "OK" being used makes it harder to find stuff : "wheels are in 'ok' condition," vs. "wheels are in Tulsa, 'OK'")
and Maximas for sale, aside from a "GLWS" bump, I wouldn't bother with a car in Washington. would help with a potential buyer sort through the options, some.

just an idea, not sure how east it would be to implement (but I am sure it would be loved)

(edit: the "other forum" i mentioned does not use "for sale" and "wanted", but state codes (TX, WA, OK, AL. etc. plus some like "Canada-Toronto" and "international")

Last edited by BenStoked; 09-07-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM

I would also like to say some different thread sections would be pretty cool (Dont know if its possible)??

Something like a sub section of the 1st gen, etc section like:

Engine performance
Normally aspiratated
nitrous
turbo/supercharger

Interior, audio, apperance mods

for sale should be divided into wanted to buy and FS.

All this is just my opinion.

Also I read somewhere that there was interest in a chat program.

The other forum www.neons.org that I am active on has these section/sub section titles and a chat program.

Just my opinion.
S
PS: I know the cars are old, and they Mods/Admins/Etc do a great job but there are alot of dead links in the how to section of 4th gens.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

so you want 4 subsections of every gen...so that mean we will have 7 parent gens with 4 child sections in each one? that means you'll have 35 sections in JUST THE GENERATIONS section. let's not forget the additional regional, OT, photos, etc etc.

now do you think that REALLY makes sense? REALLY??

in the other forums that you visit...are they as big as this one?

there will be NO chat support here...zero, nada, ain't gonna happen, forgetaboutit.

Originally Posted by neosmatrix
I would also like to say some different thread sections would be pretty cool (Dont know if its possible)??

Something like a sub section of the 1st gen, etc section like:

Engine performance
Normally aspiratated
nitrous
turbo/supercharger

Interior, audio, apperance mods

for sale should be divided into wanted to buy and FS.

All this is just my opinion.

Also I read somewhere that there was interest in a chat program.

The other forum that I am active on has these section/sub section titles and a chat program.

Just my opinion.
S
PS: I know the cars are old, and they Mods/Admins/Etc do a great job but there are alot of dead links in the how to section of 4th gens.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by BenStoked
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/thread_prefixes

On another forum I am on, they use thread prefixes in the classifieds sections to help distinguish what location users buying/selling are in.
would help with heavy/bulky items (cars, wheels, body parts, seats, etc.), making it quicker to distinguish a user's interest in a thread.

for example, Wheels/tires could be a great test for it. There are literally dozens of good deals in there, but the cost for shipping (presuming the seller will ship, of course) would put a severe dampener on the deal. as a result, I rarely visit that forum, because, quite frankly, the thought of shipping charges scares the crap out of me. Finding something local (esp. with "OK" being used makes it harder to find stuff : "wheels are in 'ok' condition," vs. "wheels are in Tulsa, 'OK'")
and Maximas for sale, aside from a "GLWS" bump, I wouldn't bother with a car in Washington. would help with a potential buyer sort through the options, some.

just an idea, not sure how east it would be to implement (but I am sure it would be loved)

(edit: the "other forum" i mentioned does not use "for sale" and "wanted", but state codes (TX, WA, OK, AL. etc. plus some like "Canada-Toronto" and "international")
i'll look into it...if it's doable then i'll do it.