Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.
View Poll Results: Keep MOTM (Maxima of the Month)?
Yes, keep it
82.05%
No, ditch it
17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

MOTM

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 PM

I've always thought the title was a little strange. Sounds like some kind of advertising campaign for Kotex or something.

No reason not to keep it around though. If anyone has a problem with the types of cars that are winning, they should have no problem winning it themselves.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM

I say keep it! Its very rewarding for those who have won. I bet you everyone that has won the award voted yes. We all take pride in our rides and spend alot of money on upgrades. I think those who have won feel a sense of satisfaction, in getting alittle recognition, for their enthusiatic efforts to keep the maxima looking hot on the streets. At the end of the day, all of us here are maxima enthusiats. Lets reward that! Whats the harm? I dont see it..Keep it!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Maybe have a thread in each of the sub-categories for Maxima of the Month? Like a MOTM for each generation
Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 PM

In the end the car is still a maxima...most of what can be done to a 6th gen has been seen and done
7th gens are just horrible things to modify, sure they look sweet (some may argue not), but Nissan is veering away from its 4dsc roots and giving it to the altima/g35 and focusing things on fuel economy and the murano cross cabriolet()....face it these cars are nice and in the same time they are meh, they are a pain to modify when there are so many other platforms out there that can give you more excitement and yield you more for your money....

Ditch it if thats what yall want, I dont care personally. I do contribute to the community with some knowledge of mods and maintenance along with selling rims that I get a hold of, and I will be staying here as I will probably own a Maxima for years to come. That said, my 5.5gen was clean and decently modded, but in the end its a 4 door auto sedan with a decent engine. I was never going to place it up or get nominated for motm and thats fine. I honestly think it will be at least a year or so before the first heavily modified 7th gen shows up with more to follow. Mainly I see them becoming VIP style though.

Last edited by Stormzusmc; 08-02-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

we're going to switch it up to MOTQ instead of MOTM to see how that works. So MOTM is taking a quick break and will be back in a few months.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 AM

it will..or will it be back based on participation
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Sexier Than Simpson

Do I get a bonus for suggesting this?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 PM

WOW...

Well as far as 5th and 6th moved on... I love my 5.5 so much that 2 years ago my original was totaled and I still bought 01 Anniversary wheels because I knew I was getting another one. I then flew 1100 miles to get the one I wanted a year later and my test drive was the 1100 miles home.

I would love to make Max of the month and mine is pretty well moded in my opinion. It has all the mods I want. I don't have a turbo or charger and you make it seem as though I probably don't have the right to make it. This is all up to interpretation. I personally don't care for super moded trailer queen drive 10 times a year cars. I am more impressed with DD that are sharp as hell and look good despite age and mileage. I think my car looks pretty damn good for 10 years old and 137K, I put 37K on it in 1 year. Also just a sweet paint job to me would be good enough for Max of the month. I would agree that brand new cars with tint and no other mods is well not worth talking about.

Max of the month not only shows your car but it also intros you to the rest of the community that might not notice you otherwise. that in itself is reason not to dump the idea. Keep the award please
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
We all know who sent you that pm and let me tell you that none of us new guys agree with it. Just because us new wave of Max owners haven't got our cars where to be to get nominated doesn't mean you completely ditch it. Cmon 12 months in a year you think every car is going to be FI etc?

Its not that its worthless its just that the older guys don't value any mods anymore. Every time one of us new guys posts our new mods to our cars we get a because they've seen it or have done it already and it doesn't mean **** to them, well it means something to us and we are still enthusiasts that appreciate the work put into a car even if its been done before.

X2
Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just do it every quarter, if there becomes a lot of candidates then switch back.

Choosing one each month got... annoying

Also I get what people are saying, some months you'll have cars with a crazy amount of mods, other times it's like uhhhh... I understand, it lessens the award. It is nice to reward members though. It is difficult to balance at times.

Last edited by MrGone; 08-27-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by MrGone
Just do it every quarter, if there becomes a lot of candidates then switch back.

Choosing one each month got... annoying

Also I get what people are saying, some months you'll have cars with a crazy amount of mods, other times it's like uhhhh... I understand, it lessens the award. It is nice to reward members though. It is difficult to balance at times.
at the end of the day...there's a lack in participation. also it's really not "who has the most invested in their car" game.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by DanNY
MOTM
Soooo....I got a PM from a member...

do you feel the same way?
if enough votes for NO then the current MOTM will be the last month.

Poll will expire in 60 days.
I do. He's also incorrect about a lot of the criteria, most of the MOTMs were just style modded cars.

I never won MOTM because noone cared about performance, despite the fact that I was the fastest NA automax in teh world (until JimE robbed me by .002 sec and .01mph, but his couldnt go around corners ).
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
I do. He's also incorrect about a lot of the criteria, most of the MOTMs were just style modded cars.

I never won MOTM because noone cared about performance, despite the fact that I was the fastest NA automax in teh world (until JimE robbed me by .002 sec and .01mph, but his couldnt go around corners ).
fwiw when was the MOTM dude a few years ago I did it mostly based on performance and member contributions to the community. SR20DEN didn't have any aesthetic mods to his car and he made MOTM for example

It is challenging because there are so many different styles/tastes in modding and they are all a reflection of Maxima enthusiasts so you have to find a balance. It is a very time consuming job because its not like you are given a folder full of members and such, you have to be proactive about what is going on/what people are doing.

Last edited by MrGone; 08-31-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Wat

Originally Posted by MrGone
fwiw when was the MOTM dude a few years ago I did it mostly based on performance and member contributions to the community. SR20DEN didn't have any aesthetic mods to his car and he made MOTM for example

It is challenging because there are so many different styles/tastes in modding and they are all a reflection of Maxima enthusiasts so you have to find a balance. It is a very time consuming job because its not like you are given a folder full of members and such, you have to be proactive about what is going on/what people are doing.
I had more mods than Matt, and the only aesthetic one I had was a CF hood. You're telling me like I havent been a mod longer than you dude...the ones that are chosen are primarily style modded cars.