Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.
View Poll Results: Keep MOTM (Maxima of the Month)?
Yes, keep it
82.05%
No, ditch it
17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

MOTM

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

MOTM

MOTM
Soooo....I got a PM from a member...

MOTM
i really think you should completly stop giving these out. they mean next to nothing these days, MOTM has become a worthless title. dont take my word for it, feel free to ask the .org

You and i have been around this board long enough to recall that back in the days MOTM show cased heavily modified maximas with quality craftsmanship, talent and major mods. 4th and 5ths with 3.5 swaps, 6spd swaps, turbos, sc's etc..... there was serious competition and MOTM cars were those that inspired others to mod. what about now days? 6th and 7th gens with tint and rims become MOTM. its a joke....some of the cars titled MOTM within the last year were nothing special. 4th and 5th's have moved on, 6th and 7th's have no aftermarket support. why bother?
do you feel the same way?
if enough votes for NO then the current MOTM will be the last month.

Poll will expire in 60 days.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Keep it!! Incentive for ppl to get their cars right for nomination. Also gives ppl ideas on setups/mods/ and such. Keep it!!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:55 PM

whoever sent that has a good point, i say ditch it
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 PM

Probably because theres less nominations. If more ppl stepped up, we'd see better siht. I myself am building to run for MOTM. Not quite there yet.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM

We all know who sent you that pm and let me tell you that none of us new guys agree with it. Just because us new wave of Max owners haven't got our cars where to be to get nominated doesn't mean you completely ditch it. Cmon 12 months in a year you think every car is going to be FI etc?

Its not that its worthless its just that the older guys don't value any mods anymore. Every time one of us new guys posts our new mods to our cars we get a because they've seen it or have done it already and it doesn't mean **** to them, well it means something to us and we are still enthusiasts that appreciate the work put into a car even if its been done before.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:04 PM

+++++1 ^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 PM

Voted. I want my cookie now.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
We all know who sent you that pm and let me tell you that none of us new guys agree with it. Just because us new wave of Max owners haven't got our cars where to be to get nominated doesn't mean you completely ditch it. Cmon 12 months in a year you think every car is going to be FI etc?

Its not that its worthless its just that the older guys don't value any mods anymore. Every time one of us new guys posts our new mods to our cars we get a because they've seen it or have done it already and it doesn't mean **** to them, well it means something to us and we are still enthusiasts that appreciate the work put into a car even if its been done before.
agreed...point blank period. at the end of the day, everyone that does a 3.5 swap will end up being like every other civic that has a b-series swap, THATS going to be so common that its going to be like oh..nice *and then move on* leave MOTM as it is. not to mention not all of us dare to be FI or to go into the depths of having a fully built motor. i have things in mind to do w/ mine, but money wise i know its not going to be an overnight thing to get it done. alot of us have other priorities that supercede a car that has nearly no value
Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by chrome91
whoever sent that has a good point, i say ditch it
i always do the opposite of what you say.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Sexier Than Simpson

I may never have a MOTM due to funds/expertise but I really appreciate seeing these even if they are not as fast as Jime or as slammed as others or as ground breaking as Nealoc.

If it is too much of a hassle for you to manage then I say do a MOTQ or MOTY but if its not a ton of work then keep it.

Even small mods give me ideas and I appreciate them even if I dont plan on doing them or think they are ghey.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:15 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

i think changing it to a quarterly or even bi-annual event would be better...
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

so MOTM change to MOTQ?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

That or maybe even something all together different...like(five stars)***** Ride or something like that...
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 AM

People need to submit their cars. That's such a stupid excuse "I have other priorities." What a load of ****. You're here on the forums and you're modding your car so if you want to be a part of the community or consider yourself a part of the community, MOTM is the #1 place to see the pinnacle of what modding this platform is about.

In order to do that, keep working on your car, but in the meantime, while you spend time on the forums (as opposed to with your family or at work or focusing on your "priorities" ) don't be afraid to nominate other people for MOTM. It helps gain exposure for the platform and helps inspire the kids who are new to Maximas and would probably put wings and fart cannons on them if not shown the true potential of the car.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 AM
You embarrass me.

I can understand where that user is coming from, but it is a staple in this community. I do feel that before, the MOTM was about the most unique but while still tasteful Maximas on here. No disrespect to the owners, but there have been a few cases where close to stock or IMO not as clean Maximas have been chosen, thus I could see frustration from other MOTM owners and users who hold it as highly as before.

We're all realistic, we know what we drive, it's not a GT-R (the badge doesn't count) or some other high-end, but in this community, on this site, it's something that is respected and sought after. Don't get rid of MOTM. Maybe refresh it, or add a new incentive.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Got Retrofit?

I say keep it.

There's no way everyones gonna have the funds, time, or skill to go F/I or do swaps and all that jazz. People mod to the best of their ability and take pride in what they do. That's what should matter most. I thought MOTM was about members who contribute to the community as well? It shouldn't be about who has the most modified Maxima each month, it should be about who has a clean, decently modded Maxima who also contributes to the community and I think that's how it is right now.

To the person who sent that PM (I know who it is I just can't think of his username); You want a highly modded, custom, swapped 6spd boosted car for MOTM? Nominate TheArtist and stop complaining every chance you get about this. It's really unnecessary to put your opinion out there and claim everyone feels the same way because myself along with many others (I'm sure) think MOTM should stay. It's always an inspiritation and pleasure to see other super clean modded cars up there, we just need some more nominees and for people to step up.

I myself will be PM'n a few members for mod lists and pictures to nominate as soon as I hop onto a PC.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
People need to submit their cars. That's such a stupid excuse "I have other priorities." What a load of ****. You're here on the forums and you're modding your car so if you want to be a part of the community or consider yourself a part of the community, MOTM is the #1 place to see the pinnacle of what modding this platform is about.

In order to do that, keep working on your car, but in the meantime, while you spend time on the forums (as opposed to with your family or at work or focusing on your "priorities" ) don't be afraid to nominate other people for MOTM. It helps gain exposure for the platform and helps inspire the kids who are new to Maximas and would probably put wings and fart cannons on them if not shown the true potential of the car.
you dont know what other priorities are, that I or any other member on this forum have unless you are in our shoes. the biggest decision you have to figure out is schooling and how to get your car running again. my car is an 'extracirrucular activity' for me. i give it time/money when i have the time/money to do so. my being on this forums has absolutely nothing to do w/ the priorities i set between my car and my family. so get your **** right.

as far as nominating others...correct me if i'm wrong, but i have seen one nomination for MOTM in that thread since i've been here, and that was FOR casey, i havent seen anyone else be nominated by anyone else, but themselves, until after they were selected for MOTM with statments such as 'he deserved this'
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
you dont know what other priorities are, that I or any other member on this forum have unless you are in our shoes. the biggest decision you have to figure out is schooling and how to get your car running again. my car is an 'extracirrucular activity' for me. i give it time/money when i have the time/money to do so. my being on this forums has absolutely nothing to do w/ the priorities i set between my car and my family. so get your **** right.

as far as nominating others...correct me if i'm wrong, but i have seen one nomination for MOTM in that thread since i've been here, and that was FOR casey, i havent seen anyone else be nominated by anyone else, but themselves, until after they were selected for MOTM with statments such as 'he deserved this'
Excuse me sir. You don't know what I'm up to.

But this isn't about me, or you, it's about more proactive feedback throughout the community.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Got Retrofit?

I've nominated two people myself but as long as someones being nominated (either by someone else or by themselves), that's all that really matters. We just need people to step up in general.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
I've nominated two people myself but as long as someones being nominated (either by someone else or by themselves), that's all that really matters. We just need people to step up in general.
Sup buddy.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:03 PM

i just read somewhere...public nomination is not preferred from what i saw. PM is preferred actually...am i right?

Excuse me sir. You don't know what I'm up to.
x2..with that said, you cant say that just because someone says they have other priorities that supercede 'modding their maxima' is a load of shiet. thats what i'm getting at. not everyone solely focuses on modding their maxima.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

easy guys...let's keep the discussion friendly.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM

We might not spend as much as the old generation members did, but we still have the same motivation as them. It is harder to maintain a 10+ years car going... just sayin'. Keep the MOTM or MOTQ Dan.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM

What member sent you that PM anyways?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Got Retrofit?

i just read somewhere...public nomination is not preferred from what i saw. PM is preferred actually...am i right?
Well that thread is open for public nominations so that shouldn't ba a problem.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Got Retrofit?

I would share with the public but I don't want DanNY to get mad. Either he can share the username or the guy can hop in here.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM

personally i love MOTM i cant really enroll myself but i may see something on the site that i want to share with my friends (which by the way dont really care for the car ive chosen) and the second i log in BAMM! theres one sick *** max just chillin
keep it the site wont be the same without it

one day i hope to be MOTM but i just cant afford it im on my way but this takes time as most of had already stated. and for those who have won it is a true honer to wear that badge.

P-dizzle out
Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM

I think MOTM should stay. It provides something to achieve on the largest Maxima site.

As others have stated, just b/c some of the older members don't approve of the current wave of MOTM doesn't mean it should be dropped altogether. There are plenty of us who like and still strive for it.

I don't think every MOTM should have to be heavily modded either. There is something to be appreciated in a cleanly modified Max/I30.

Look, it's understandable everyone on here isn't going to approve of every car that gets selected (quite natural). But I don't think that immediately equates to dropping (which is why I appreciate the poll).
Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 PM

agreed...point blank period. at the end of the day, everyone that does a 3.5 swap will end up being like every other civic that has a b-series swap, THATS going to be so common that its going to be like oh..nice *and then move on* leave MOTM as it is. not to mention not all of us dare to be FI or to go into the depths of having a fully built motor. i have things in mind to do w/ mine, but money wise i know its not going to be an overnight thing to get it done. alot of us have other priorities that supercede a car that has nearly no value
I say keep it.

There's no way everyones gonna have the funds, time, or skill to go F/I or do swaps and all that jazz. People mod to the best of their ability and take pride in what they do. That's what should matter most. I thought MOTM was about members who contribute to the community as well? It shouldn't be about who has the most modified Maxima each month, it should be about who has a clean, decently modded Maxima who also contributes to the community and I think that's how it is right now.

To the person who sent that PM (I know who it is I just can't think of his username); You want a highly modded, custom, swapped 6spd boosted car for MOTM? Nominate TheArtist and stop complaining every chance you get about this. It's really unnecessary to put your opinion out there and claim everyone feels the same way because myself along with many others (I'm sure) think MOTM should stay. It's always an inspiritation and pleasure to see other super clean modded cars up there, we just need some more nominees and for people to step up.

I myself will be PM'n a few members for mod lists and pictures to nominate as soon as I hop onto a PC.
I didn't even have to respond b/c all of this pretty much covers it.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nexus67
I didn't even have to respond b/c all of this pretty much covers it.
Exactly, I think the majority agrees with what I and the others have said.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM

_ is all your getting one letter! you figure it out smart college kid

Last edited by DanNY; 07-19-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: I'm taking the letter out...let's not reveal who..kthxbye :)
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 AM

so i guess now its whether to keep the MOTM or MOTQ...i think MOTM stays, unless for Danny its just a hassle to select a MOTM and just do a MOTQ. but i'd love to keep the MOTM, personally
Old 07-19-2011, 06:04 AM

Ill never get MOTM because I'm broke but looking at the work that goes into some of these cars and the work that there owners put into them is quite interesting, Id want to be appreciated if it was me Keep MOTM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 AM

keep it. If someone complains about how the cars dont have thousands and thousands of dollars in mods, tell them step up their game and make a car worthy in their opinion. My thoughts on this subject have been covered by a number of people BUT not all of us have $10k+ to mod a 10 year old car with. Sure many of us would love to be able to do that, but its not a reality. And like Slim said, if everyone does FI or a 3.5 swap it will turn into the Honda community...."oh theres a nice swap, nothing ive never seen before though, lets move on to the next car"
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Buyers beware, local pick up recommended. Slow to ship out items already paid for.

I think keep MOTM. If there aren't as many highly modified maximas, not as many people can afford what they used to anyway. I think the cars that win still have quality craftsmanship...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Gram Lights addict

i vote for MOTQ
Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

- sorry the person who sent me the PM will NOT be revealed.
- OK how about this....if people want to KEEP MOTM...then i will open another poll to see if there's preference for MOTQ vs MOTM.

either way it doesn't matter to me. i'll keep it MOTM or MOTQ...or remove it. it's your forum...we value your input on what you want to see. I'll do my best to deliver the content.

at one point MOTM was about the baddest and the hottest cars out there.
poor economy and the increase influx of cheap parts and etc really caused the down turn. also the lack of innovation...since someone already done it...it's not longer a "wow" factor.

that's why i toned down MOTM that there are months where the cars are really bad azz and there are months where it's very lightly modded and it's clean. this serves two purpose...
- more participation. i mean let's face it...people see massive amount of cash put into the winner's car win MOTM they will feel their work and effort will not be good enough to be MOTM so no one participates.
- helps morale....so yeah it's not a super duper car that's going to win...so maybe the rest of the community can play along. if it's a competition on who's got more $ in their car then it alienates majority of the community.

yes i did get complaints about "why is the cars with the most money put into it win MOTM??"

if there is a change in MOTM format to MOTQ/MOTY etc. will have to take a break for a few months to retool and change the logos and etc.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:30 AM

i say that if its a switch to MOTQ...MOTY is mandatory...
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 AM

Old 07-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

I say keep it. my maxima will never be motm/motq/moty, but I can appreciate the work that goes into it.

I don't have a problem for changing to motq, but there should be runner-up badges (similar to motm), expiring the next quarter. nice cars get honors, and recognition, something to brag about (for a short time, anyway).

my $.02

Quick Reply: MOTM