Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

People who are sick of hearing about seafoam, and all its BS, step inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

STP engine treatment? It's about the same. Same with engine flushes. Which are very harsh and dangerous IMHO. MSDS also is only required to show the hazardous components. So there could be more ingredients inside. Just not required to be listed.

Originally Posted by Barc
I've never used it, don't intend to. But I wanted to see what it was made out of so I checked.

MSDS for SeaFoam and its tranny cleaner...

http://www.seafoamsales.com/pdf/trans_tune.pdf

Pale Oil = Hydrocarbon based oil / Petroleum base oil
Naptha = Lighter Fluid / Solvents
IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol / Rubbing Alcohol

Sounds like its not even got half the components something like STP engine treatment has. It may work great but I'm not putting oil directly into my intake manifold; small wonder it smokes. And if I want IPA, I'll buy some water remover or simply go to the drug store. Naptha isn't too terrible as it will burn well.

Seriously, I think the smoke is coming directly from the "pale oil" base. As I have said, I've never done this nor do I plan to but I've seen videos and pictures on the web. Take a look at an car that's engine is losing the rings for an example of burning oil. It looks much the same as a car with SeaFoam added... only the SeaFoamed car is usually much worse due to the fact that oil is being poured into the combustion chambers and not having to work its way up around the rings.

Bash away. I'm just giving you the facts as I see them. And I could be wrong about my conclusions but the MSDS doesn't lie.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm needing a caw

You put any type of "engine cleaner" and this might happen. It's probably the carbon that's coming off that's fouling everything up.

Originally Posted by kcryan
i believe i remember this somone put it in through there brake booster line and within a few days or weeks or somthing one of his o2 sensors was reading bad he never really let us know what happened but last i knew i believe seafoam was going to pay for the sensor becuse they say o2 sensor safe on the bottle.

i think were remembering the same thread at least.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I just added another 1/2 a can to my tank after about 2000 miles of running the highway. Yum Yum!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by acidspit86
dont remember who this happened to but someone here was talking about how seafoam fuked up there engine and some sensors. i say, why fix something that isnt broken?

You're not 'up' on the modder/tuner's credo, are ya? "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"
Old 12-16-2004, 11:56 AM

What does MOC stand for? Does MOC have a website? What are the names of the products you use and recommend from MOC and Wurth? thx
Old 12-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Wat

Not sure, google search is your friend.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by E55AMG2
Not sure, google search is your friend.
No crap. The yahoo search on MOC suked. I want your experience on MOC products. You said they were better, well, put up some info. I checked out Wurth products and couldn't find an intake cleaner equivalent to Seafoam or Techron. So, those of you that say that MOC and Wurth are better, put out a decent reply instead of "Seafoam sukes".
Old 12-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by bladerunr
No crap. The yahoo search on MOC suked. I want your experience on MOC products. You said they were better, well, put up some info. I checked out Wurth products and couldn't find an intake cleaner equivalent to Seafoam or Techron. So, those of you that say that MOC and Wurth are better, put out a decent reply instead of "Seafoam sukes".

www.mocproducts.com In your defense, if you search for "MOC" or even "MOC Products", the website doesn't show up in the results. I actually called them to see if I could get MSDS forms, but they wouldn't send them to me because I didn't actually use any MOC products.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by bladerunr

They sell them as a kit to professionals, There is an induction cleaner. Degreaser spray, and a fuel additive.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Wat

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
I have found Seafoam to be very effective on my teeth even if it doesn't damage them. Tastes like crap, though.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:15 PM

didnt zmax get sue by some group over false advertisment a while back?
found the link if anyone is interested
http://www.allsyntheticsgroup.com/af...additives.html