Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

2002 se liquid leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2002 se liquid leak

So I parked my car when I got to work. I was in my car for about five minutes then got out and noticed a running trail of fluid. It wasn't a lot but a slim line from the middle of under the car to a little bit from under the car. I looked under the car and it was dripping from the passenger side. When I looked under it was dripping from somewhere above the oil filter. I scraped some of the liquid from the small stream and smelled it; it had no smell. I tried multiple time to see if I could get a smell. (no sweet scent like colant , it looked to have the viscosity of water).
Has anyone had a similar problem or could tell me what this liquid might be(could it be water?)?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If it's clear, non-oily, no smell and the consistency of water, it probably is water. Without seeing it, it's most likely condensate from your AC.